Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1-6 Monthers - Post What You Are Eating Please?

I just read a post from someone who said it was crazy to see someone post, "I don't know what to eat"... but yet that is the most important daily thing and being less than 3 weeks post op, the thing I'm struggling with the most. Yes, I did get a ditto from the doc with a list of foods - all low fat and no sugar: cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese, eggs, tuna, baked fish, ground meats, refried Beans and then it includes things like cereals, crisp toast, rice,baked potato, bananas, watermelon and cantaloupe.

So, I get that I am allowed to eat the above list, what I want to know is - for those of you who are losing weight - what are y'all eating?

I'll go first...

Today I had sauteed spinach and fresh salsa - I spray the pan with bakers joy and the salsa is Tomato & onion in the clear container found in the deli - not jarred, then cracked two eggs and cooked for 2-3 minutes so the egg is cooked but the yolk makes a sauce, it's very good and I've been having this daily for the most part.

For lunch I had tuna made with celery and a little light mayo and greek yogurt and Dijon and a dab of Franks hot sauce - I had about 4 oz total

For dinner I'll have salmon and broccoli and in between I will have a 30 grm chocolate Protein Drink with 5 grms of carbs - no sugar.

I'll eat about 1/2 cup of SF Jello and one SF Jello pudding.

That's my day... please critique critique critique :) but more important post what you ate yesterday (or today if you know :))

THANKS!

well I am not a 1-6monther I am a 15monther but I eat a lot of the same things that you eat I have had the egg scrambler, tuna, slamon that you listed above. After a year I eat a lot of other choices, things that I can't eat might be a smaller list here is what I eat yesturday.

breakfast: 4oz greek yogurt with a a spoon of granola. 1 EAS prot shake

morning snack scoop of Peanut Butter and celery

lunch BBQ pull pork wraps(crockpot recipe & wrap the meat in in green leafy lettuce with a little shredded cheese)

mid day snack choc sugar free puding with 1/4 scoop of protien powder( I use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury no flavor or choc fav)

dinner portbella pizza(take a portbell mushroom cap cover with pizza sauce your choice of meat and cheese bake for 15-20mins) and diced cucumber tomatoe salad

bedtime snack( with vitmains and meds)eas protien shack 2oz cubes cheese and 2oz deli meat

this is a typical day for me. I take in 1000-1350 calories daily(depending if I exercise that day) I try to change it up so I am not bored. I hope this helped although I am a little further along...enjoy the journey

I pretty much eat the same thing for Breakfast and lunch.

For Breakfast I make a Protein smoothie with EAS Lean 15 chocolate Fudge, 1 cup almond milk & 1/2 a frozen bannana.

lunch I have a sandwich made from 100 calorie whole wheat round bread, lots of mustard, 1 piece of turkey, 1 slice of non-fat american cheese. I also have 1 container of no sugar added fruit. You know, the little pre-packaged ones you normally would pack in a kid's lunch.

dinner is usually chicken and veggies of some sort.

Hope you found this helpful :-)

I've been banded 4 months. Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast - vanilla Protein shake with 2 tbs. PB2

lunch - shredded chicken (homemade, cooked in crockpot) with 2% cheese and 1/4 avacado, and 2tb sour cream

dinner - one chicken sausage and an artichoke

snack - greek yogurt mixed with Peanut Butter

I was banded August 12th and am down 42lbs. I usually have 1/2 cup EggBeaters w/ low fat shreeded cheese,or No Sugar Added instant oatmeal or Special K Protein bar for breakfast. I have 2-3 Snacks a day of either sugar free Jello, No Sugar Kozy Shack pudding, Lo Fat cheese stick, 100 Calorie Greek yogurt. lunch is usually either Hormel fat free turkey chili, Starkist tuna pouch w/ fat free mayonaise, fat free turkey or ham sliced lunch meat, garden salad w/ vinigrette, Healthy Choice canned Soup. dinner is whatever my husband cooks which may be a burger but no bun, grilled chicken breast, steak tips, baked haddock, w/ rice or noodles and a vegetable.

Hi My name is Sherylkay

you asked what I am eating? its been 7 months for me. I am eating no carbs.. I can't eat bread, muffins, candy, Bagels, oatmeal, or Pasta it makes me sick.. but, what I can eat are my cooked vegs.. no raw vegetables. I eat lots of soft eggs.. Soup, salads with lite dressing.. I also drink a lot of Protein drinks. My meats are meatloaf turkey chicken fish lots and lots of fish.. I have become to like fish.. but, I have also found out that if any of your food is dry eat very small pieces of it. I also can only eat 4 oz. of meat. I hope this helps and good luck..

Sheryl

My meals are still such a mess at 6 weeks post op

Breakfast: can't eat solids until noonish so I had a 12 oz nonfat latte

Lunch: 100 calorie turkey Jerky and cheese stick

Snack: 4oz frozen yogurt (date with the husband)

Dinner: 1/2 cup puréed squash Soup and 2 lettuce leaves with 2oz Thai chicken in them.

Snack: 1 ghiradelli chocolate square and a SF hot chocolate.

I feel like I am eating way to much.

My meals are still such a mess at 6 weeks post op Breakfast: can't eat solids until noonish so I had a 12 oz nonfat latte Lunch: 100 calorie turkey Jerky and cheese stick Snack: 4oz frozen yogurt (date with the husband) Dinner: 1/2 cup puréed squash Soup and 2 lettuce leaves with 2oz Thai chicken in them. Snack: 1 ghiradelli chocolate square and a SF hot chocolate. I feel like I am eating way to much.

I don't think so! Id just make sure you aren't eating chocolate and fro yo everyday (which you probly don't!)

I eat something different for each meal almost every day except breakfast. I've learned that if I choose the same stuff over and over I just feel like this will be another diet. Since I have an empty band right now I focus on Protein Protein protein to keep me full and to prevent snacking.

Average day for me:

Breakfast: GNC total lean shake

Lunch: 6 chicken meatballs (they're small!) and 1 cup of kale chips (homemade)

Dinner: Spinach dijon salad bowl + 3 oz of chopped chicken breast

Snack/Desert: Dole dippers (If you haven't heard of them look them up online... Delicious!!)

10 cups of Water

30-45 min of cardio exercise

Total around 950 calories

I don't think so! Id just make sure you aren't eating chocolate and fro yo everyday (which you probly don't!)

I do eat one chocolate square pretty much everyday. The froyo is a maybe once a month treat. :-)

I'm so satisfied tonight!! I cooked a low carb meat sauce today and took cottage cheese & the meat sauce on top w a sprinkle of NF cheese & baked for 10 mins... Noodleless lasagna!! Thank U Peace, Love & Low Carb :)