Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And I've lost about 65 pounds, including my pre-op weight loss...

I look good; I'm getting lots of compliments-

I'm weighing 157.8 as of last Wednesday...I haven't weighed that since I was in high school!

My husband likes it; I actually feel sexier!

But yet I kinda wish I was able to have a small piece of bread or some chips and salsa

This whole not drinking and eating at te same time has been hard too...

Today was just a hard day...or maybe I should say it's been some hard days...

For a brief second today I kinda wish I had my old body just so I could eat a burger and fries- but I thought "WTF am I thinking"

Some days are harder than others- today was definitely not a good day emotionally...

thanks for being so honest you echo most of my days, I love weight loss but since I did not have surgery for vanity um it seems tobe a part but not the first thing I think of sometimes when I look at myself in the mirror I see someone who I have not had a long relationship with and it takes time to develop this new relationship

I completely understand! I was just telling someone the other day that I was kinda depressed about missing food. When you think about it, it makes sense. We had to give up an "essential" part of our existence and now it's gone, it's kind of like a death in the family which is why we mourn it sometimes. I don't regret getting the surgery at all, so don't get me wrong, but there are definite days when my mind is screaming, "ohhh, lets go out to lunch and get a hamburger" and then I snap back to reality and eat my Soup instead. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the above posts ladies... So much encouragement to me :)

I gotta say..I still dabble in carbs..I have lost 60 -lbs...by doing this I still feel like I have my life..I love salsa n chips..I eat them every Sunday..this has still been a mind game so to speak..I hate that I can't eat and drink..I hate when i take that one extra bite then I'm in a food coma..I agree with u..this sometimes I'd just plain hard..I really want to eat A Peanut Butter jelly sandwich with a glass of milk lol..happy for u aske in ur accomplishments

I'm 4 mths post op (band revision) and regularly eat burgers and fries (or I might say 4 bites of a burger and maybe 5 fries). It's the reason I had wls in the first place - so I'd never have to diet again.

Think I may start watching what I put in my mouth now, however. Trying to get off the last 22 lbs and it's becoming very tedious.

Are u staying away from these types of foods because ur eating healthier or becuz u can't physically eat them?

My dr says after 21 days and your tummy has completely healed I can have wine or alc. just remember u get buzzed faster so u shd keep it to a 2 drink max and u stay buzzed longer. Don't get a DUI. As long as I can have one drink I am happy.

I have my little glass of wine and I have chips...Not anything like I use to. Everything is a calculated risk of not having enough

Protein and Water. Some days I don't want anything at all to eat and damn sure don't feel like thinking about what to choose.

But...I remember the surgery and the reason I made the choice. I will never DIE-T again and that alone with the Tool of VSL

makes the decisions for me and although I feel I'm a slow loser it is coming off .

Hw 278

Cw 232

sleeved 8/26/13 :wacko:

I am still in the soft food stage;

I'm following my doctor's dietary guidelines strictly;

I can't wait to be able to eat normal food; I know I'll be able to feel more human then- not that I will splurge, but it'd be nice to occasionally have something different to eat aside from meat...an beans!

I'm very happy that I got this surgery; though the progression through the stage has been difficult I'm almost at the stage where I can eat normal foods-

I think my doctor has me on the soft food stage until I'm 6 months out...

I gotta say..I still dabble in carbs..I have lost 60 -lbs...by doing this I still feel like I have my life..I love salsa n chips..I eat them every Sunday..this has still been a mind game so to speak..I hate that I can't eat and drink..I hate when i take that one extra bite then I'm in a food coma..I agree with u..this sometimes I'd just plain hard..I really want to eat A Peanut Butter jelly sandwich with a glass of milk lol..happy for u aske in ur accomplishments

I'm only 3 and half weeks out and I've talked to my doctor in great length about what to eat, not eat and so on. He told me that he isn't going to tell me to go pig out (even if I wanted to I can't..lol) but an occassional happy meal from McD's isn't going to make me or break me. So, I think your chips and salsa is great.