Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Talk?

I'm sorry in advance for asking because I m pretty sure there's a thread somewhere here, but I don't know how to find it . So What happened to the Lap Band Talk forum. I have it on my I phone and it won't load now. Came on my PC and it brought me here. Also, I have reached goal after having Lap Band procedure last Oct. I would like to post pics, but I don't know how to do that either. Can anyone help? I'm sorry, I am so computer illiterate. Thanks

All of Lap Band Talk has been integrated into this new site.

The old Lap Band Talk app will no longer work but there is a new replacement app called BariatricPal. I don't know where to find it on Apple but you can find the Android app here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bariatricpal.forumrunner

As for posting pics, the gallery is having issues and you may not be able to. I'd give it a little for them work out the bugs.

Btw, congrats on reaching goal!

Welcome to the new board and congrats on reaching goal. I will be there someday????. This board is harder to navigate than the other. Hoping it will get easier as we use it.

I thought maybe it was just me struggling to navigate around here...having a hard time finding my friends from Lap Band Talk....located a few but oh boy....its a whole new banded world out here now.....

Congrats on reaching goal!

We are all learning this new site and Alex is still working out the bugs. i don't think he has all the bugs worked out for uploading pics, but you can always PM him and ask.

Again, congrats!!!

I have a question. I was banded on January 17, 2014. NO FILL in my band to date. For the first 5 days after surgery I was not hungry and actually unable to eat because I felt like I had just eaten Thanksgiving dinner. About all I could consume was coffee and sip on a Protein shake..Day six the hubby fixed taco salad for dinner....and nothing doing but I fixed a small portion of lettuce/tomato and a couple spoons of the "hamburger" fixture....I was able to eat this and swallow it without choking or chewing till it liquefied. WITH NO PROBLEMS. the only thing I noticed was the small amount filled me completely.

Now I'm terrified that because I can eat, that something is wrong with my band/stomach/pouch...have I totally messed things up by eating non-liquid foods? HELPPPPPPPP

I have a question. I was banded on January 17, 2014. NO FILL in my band to date. For the first 5 days after surgery I was not hungry and actually unable to eat because I felt like I had just eaten Thanksgiving dinner. About all I could consume was coffee and sip on a Protein shake..Day six the hubby fixed taco salad for dinner....and nothing doing but I fixed a small portion of lettuce/tomato and a couple spoons of the "hamburger" fixture....I was able to eat this and swallow it without choking or chewing till it liquefied. WITH NO PROBLEMS. the only thing I noticed was the small amount filled me completely.

Now I'm terrified that because I can eat, that something is wrong with my band/stomach/pouch...have I totally messed things up by eating non-liquid foods? HELPPPPPPPP

You haven't messed anything up. Not knowing your post op diet, all I can say is you don't have enough fill in your band so as the swelling from surgery goes down the hunger will return.

I agree with aj, however, I wouldn't eat anymore solid foods until the doctor okays you to do so.

Some times some people that are not or even had a fill will be able to eat solids , but just follow doctors instructions for post op eating and you will be fine , yes we all get scared at first and if you are not sure about any thing put that call in to the doc to make sure so it will ease your mind , to me you sound o k , but if it was me I would call my doc. to ease my mind .