Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Calories Should I Be Eating?

Yet starting week 4. Soft foods. Nothing about calories in my nut info. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I have no idea how many I am supposed to be getting, but I am getting 400-500 a day. And I am struggling to get that.

My nutritionist said that I should try to get in around 600 calories, I'm about 2 1/2 weeks out.

When I was 4 weeks out that's about how much I had. Around 2 months out I increased to 700 then at 3 months 800 and now I am 4 months out and I just increased to 900. I am about 13 pounds away from my goal of 135 once I hit 135 I'm going up to 1000 and from there I will keep increasing til I figure out how to maintain and not lose.

Did your doc give you any numbers?

My NUT didn't give me any number but my doc did. I pretty much adjusted my numbers. You are early out. At that point my main focus was just trying to eat and drink. I religiously track on myfitnesspal but I know counting calories is not for everyone but it helped me a lot especially keeping track of my Protein intake.

I asked my surgeon that at my 2 week post op appointment as well and he said not to worry too much about calories at that point, that the main things to concentrate on were Protein and fluids. Every surgeon is different though in their instructions. He said long-term when I am fully healed I would be somewhere around 1000. For now, I'm almost 8 weeks and averaging about 500/day, which I know is on the low side....

I asked my surgeon that at my 2 week post op appointment as well and he said not to worry too much about calories at that point, that the main things to concentrate on were Protein and fluids. Every surgeon is different though in their instructions. He said long-term when I am fully healed I would be somewhere around 1000. For now, I'm almost 8 weeks and averaging about 500/day, which I know is on the low side....

I'm also averaging at about 500 calories a day. I'm a little over 6 weeks post op.

my doc also said to worry more about getting enough Water in and secondly about getting Protein.

Thanks everyone. I am between 500 and 600 a day. Next appt in a few weeks so I will clarify with doc

I'm almost 9 months out and try to stay at 650 calories. My doctor is M.I.A. So if anyone has any advice on what I should be consuming calories, carbs, and fat wise I would love the help. Also I am no where close to being finished. I've lost 106.8 pounds and still have about 100 to go...

Dang. I'd be starving if I ate as many calories as most of u. I don't regularly (daily) track my calories but the time I have, I tend to stay under 1100, but I KNOW I get more than 800 on a daily basis. Wow. So far out at 600 calories a day?

I recommend when (and I say WHEN cuz everyone WILL stall at some point) that u try upping ur calories. Ur body can't live on less than 1000 calories a day for long and stay healthy. What u guys are talking about they call VERY LOW CALORIE DIETS - and I had wls so I'd quit dieting.

But if it's working for u, by all means go for it. When all else fails, I guess u must starve urself to lose.

Dang. I'd be starving if I ate as many calories as most of u. I don't regularly (daily) track my calories but the time I have, I tend to stay under 1100, but I KNOW I get more than 800 on a daily basis. Wow. So far out at 600 calories a day? I recommend when (and I say WHEN cuz everyone WILL stall at some point) that u try upping ur calories. Ur body can't live on less than 1000 calories a day for long and stay healthy. What u guys are talking about they call VERY LOW CALORIE DIETS - and I had wls so I'd quit dieting. But if it's working for u, by all means go for it. When all else fails, I guess u must starve urself to lose.

Im 3 months out and I stay under 700 probably hit around 600 on average. I don't feel like I'm starving. I eat mainly Protein with a little veg and by the time I get the Protein numbers right, I'm too full to eat anything else. There are days I'm hungrier and I will go over, and other days I'm not as hungry. But I also don't eat carbs much and no sliders. 2-3 oz of chicken goes thunk pretty hard

I split my calories into 40% protein, 40% fat, and 20% carb. I do that to keep my insulin and therefore hunger response in check.

I assume as my sleeve heals I will be able to eat more and the calories will go up a bit then.

I am ever so slowly trying to increase my calories to over 1000. My doc didn't want me to go over 1000. I eat as healthy as I can eat with this limited amount of calories and I am not starving otherwise I think my doc would tell me I'm doing this wrong. As my abililty to eat more calories increases I will eat more :)