Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery beginning of 2014?

I offhandedly told my mother in law last night and I heard the silence and the questioning in her head for just a second before she moved on and didn't say anything.. I hadn't planned on telling her yet but we were discussing Thanksgiving dinner and she asked me if I wanted anything special for it. I told her no that I was dieting and that we would be coming from the mayo clinic after more tests and doctors appointments and I didn't want her to think that I was sick or worry about me. Other than that I have told only a few good friends and a couple coworkers that have had it already. I will keep it that way probably forever, never telling anyone in my immediate family. My mom passed away in May and I have had very strained relationships with them ever since. My husband is supportive 1000% as are my good friends and that is all I need.

kespy74 -- You said your insurance does not require a pre=op diet. It must be nice. I felt much discouraged when told I had to lose 10% of my weight but it wasn't an insurance requirement, it was my surgeon's requirement. Don't be surprised if your surgeon asks you to go on an all Liquid Protein diet for two weeks before the surgery. The pre-op diet is partly intended to show insurance companies you can change how you eat but the pre-surgery diet is designed to reduce your liver fat because that improves your surgery and surgery recovery. I actually hope you have to do at least a couple weeks food prep for the surgery, it is for your own good. And, hey, sounds like you have great insurance!! Lucky you.

I have Tricare Prime, my hubby is active duty. This is actually one time that they are great. When I called, they said I didn't need to have 3-6 months monitored diet, which was a relief. No mention of preop diet but at my first appointment, my doctor and nut want me to not gain any weight and if I lose a little even better. My nut wants me to start putting into practice seven things like eating my protien first, no drinking with meals, chewing chewing chewing. Making small steps each day to get ready.

So excited! I have insurance approval and now have a surgery date of 1/20/14. I finished all my nutrition classes and pysc evaluation in Oct. Submitted to insurance at the beginning of this month.

I have my pre-op class 1/8/14. Nervous and excited at the same time.

After having my surgery postponed on Oct 11 AND Nov 11, I have a new surgery date of Jan 10. Hopefully the 3rd time will work! LOL . My Drs wife had her baby on my Oct date and I was sick on my Nov date. I plan on living in a bubble the week before my surgery!

I could have it on Dec 20th but its so close to Christmas and my kids' birthdays. I've waited this long, it won't hurt to wait awhile longer

Mid to late January for me. Getting excited and scared. Still waiting for my CPAP. Need a few more appointments but hoping everything gets approved.

Dec 2 surgery date!!!!! Nervous and scared. Waiting on pre op appointments after final insurance approval that should be coming this week

Just missed a call from the hospital. Need to schedule PreOp. Meanwhile I'm still waiting on authorization from my insurance.

I called the insurance company on Wednesday and was told I was approved!!! Yay!!!!

I emailed the doctors office but they haven't been notified as of yet so I don't want to get my hopes up too high until I know the doctors office has the letter if approval in hand. Getting excited!!!:-))

Im sooooo mad at myself for forgetting to schedule my appointments in the allotted time. Aetna requires 3 NUT appointments in 3 consecutive months. I went in early Oct but forgot to schedule my second when I left that day. I was busy with my sleep study apt, pcp (getting bp down). Thinking I could get a November appointment at the end of the month - nope! Now I have to start the whole 3 months over. I'm so aggravated. My head was so in the game. I've calorie counted everything. I'm down 11 pounds. Now I'm discouraged realizing it'll be March instead of January before I get approved. So frustrating. I could have just cried.

2 hour PreOp class at the Hospital today went great! Excitement as I wait for Dec 2.

I have my two hour pre op class next Wednesday the 27th. It's so surreal isn't it??

Im sooooo mad at myself for forgetting to schedule my appointments in the allotted time. Aetna requires 3 NUT appointments in 3 consecutive months. I went in early Oct but forgot to schedule my second when I left that day. I was busy with my sleep study apt, pcp (getting bp down). Thinking I could get a November appointment at the end of the month - nope! Now I have to start the whole 3 months over. I'm so aggravated. My head was so in the game. I've calorie counted everything. I'm down 11 pounds. Now I'm discouraged realizing it'll be March instead of January before I get approved. So frustrating. I could have just cried.

Oh man that sucks! Why didn't they make that appointment for you? My nut and nurse stays on top of all my appointments and then calls me to remind me about them. Sorry this has happened to you! Great job on the 11 pounds! Don't be hard on your self you were dealing with a lot of other things...

I will be having my surgery on Jan. 9th. This has been a long road with 9 months of weight management. How is everyone preparing for their surgery date?

Congrats on your date! Mine is January 13th! So we are 4 days apart!! I am pretty much just trying to learn as much as I can about what to drink the two weeks after surgery. I will be on liquids and I have been just asking around to see what everyone else drank or at least tried. I also have made a list of what to pack to bring with me to the hospital. I'm in a great group on Facebook and they are very informative. I've got a little notebook and have been writing things down.