Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Just a throught, If anyone in the uk has any info on "band fillers" may be they could post it up.Mrs D

hiya

i live in London and i had my OP in belgium, Dr marc does fills in London

and he is rather good do you want his number

i also know Drs who do fills in Mancherster and Birmingham

not too sure if this the information you need if it is i will give you phone numbers

mine

Hi thanks for replying. I have a fill provider but i was just wondering if we could start a post with fill providrs in the uk. I no a friend of mine needed an emergency unfil Wednesday, she had to go to London from Bath, but got one! Shaw summers did it.Fay

Hi, I am having my first fill tomorrow (15th March) at the Peel Medical Centre in Tamworth (near Brimingham) They have a website... so If anyone needs a fill in the Birmingham area, then you can type in their name and it pops up. The doctor is called Dr. Clayson.

I live a long drive from Birmingham, but its easier for me that London. I think it's a great idea to post 'fill centres' in the UK on here.

P.S. to "Mine" - I also had my surgery in Belgium...

Banded 14 February 2007

Dr. Dillemans in Brugge, Belgium.

Highest/Pre-op/Current/Goal

265/252/237/160

Hiya Bunny

Good luck with your fill

where did you have your OP

in belgium and when how are you getting on

got on the scales this morning and to

my horror :) i had put on weight

mine

Hiya mine,

I had mine done at st. Jans in Brugge with Dr. Dillemans.

Lost 15 lbs so far.. but this week stayed the same and last week only lost a pound. most was in the first 2 weeks. I am getting on ok... except I am hungry a lot. thats why i scheduled the fill sooner than the 6 week appointment made for me in London. I also wanted to go to the closest centre for me, which is nar birmingham.

How you doing? Did we have the same surgeon?

Bunny

Hiya

im fine, i had my done

by Dr Marc at st Elizabeths

in Zotteinham, went really

well have had 2 fills

so far have lost just over a

stone but im putting on weight

very slowly

had my OP in dec

have 3.5 mls in band

so far have booked another

fill 31 march

thanks

mine

Hi Bunnykin,

So how do you feel now after your first fill? Was it an issue having it done after only 4 weeks?

I get banded in just over one week. Can hardly wait!!!

Dave

Hi Dave,

well at first I thought he wasnt going to do it, and he said that if I hadnt healed properly that he would not fill me. However, I think he just wanted to check I wasnt rushing things. I told him the problem I had was that I was hungry every half hour and I could not take that for another 2 weeks, and he checked me over thoroughly, and said I had healed well and that he was goign to do the fill. He of course had to make sure that I was ready for it, which I was thankfully as I drove 100 miles!

I had to stick to the 3days of fluids after a fill. There are a lot of other people on this forum that dont have to do that, so it shows you the variety of different advice we all get from surgeon to surgeon.

It would be good if they all gave the same advice. Mine also said he had never heard of PB'ing or eating 60g of Protein a day. He said only athletes need that. He said just eat a sensible normal balanced diet. So it actually took the pressure off, because I am not too fussed about meat.

Anyway, he did the fill, he gave me 4mls, and I feel a restriction. I followed his guidelines to the letter, took paracetamol every 4 hours for 3 days and just had fluids. The fluids filled me up, but I was desperate to get back to chewing, which I did last night! I have been fine since, and I have lost 2 and a half pounds this week, which I am really pleased with.

I am so pleased that I had this band, and Dave, it will be the best thing you ever do. Honestly. You are making the best investment in your future.

I also think about how losign a pound a week for a year means 4 stone off!! If I only do a pound a week from now on, I will be happy!!

Oh yeah... take some ear plugs with you for after the operation. Its nice to be able to sleep without listening to others snore!! Also I had really dry lips because of not drinking, so take a chapstick or something too - I know that men dont like to do that girly stuff, but when you cant drink and you have ukky lips too its not nice. I was really pleased to have a chapstick. Also the hospital was really hot, so take some baby wipes, as that can wash your face and body nicely without having to get up. Just some things I found useful - Hope it helps.

Have fun Dave!!