Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! Pre-op suicide!

I am starving on this pre-op diet. I have been light headed all day.

it was the hardest thing ive ever gone through. food is so essential! I learned to split my shakes up evenly throughout the day and drink them slow. Also cannot stress how important it is to find one you really like. I know, none of it helps. I cheated a couple times, and caught hell around these parts. Oh well, do the best you can. It's hard, but you can do it.

Your going to have to continue to drink the shakes post op, so what another post above says to find one you like is true.

That said, days 3-5 and generally the worst for people. Find a hobby to resume or pick up for the pre op diet. I did 15 days of pre op diet, and I'm 15 days post op. I haven't chewed food in a month. It's all about getting your head in the right place early on to ensure your success.

I took tons of hot baths pre op while my family ate what I cooked. Get your heads in the game early on folks and the rest will take care of itself.

You can totally do this..myself and many many before me have too. :-)

You can do it!!! I thought & felt the same thing but am now two weeks out of surgery. Try drinking warm drinks like "hot cocoa' made from chocolate Protein Powder or put unflavored Protein in warm chicken broth. Trick to good consistency is make a sludge out of powder first with room temp Water then add your warm liquids in. I found warm drinks made me feel much more happy :).

Suicide is not a laughing matter. A good friend of mine committed suicide 3 months ago.

When I did the liquid diet pre lap band, I was allowed to have egg drop Soup, I just had to strain out the eggs. I actually called and ask if they could make it without eggs, and my local takeout place was able to make it for me. It's just chicken broth, thickened with corn starch. I would order a large every other day, and divide it into 6 portions, 3 per day. The thicker liquid made my feel like I was eating, and kept me from pacing the floor and going out of my mind. Also I used a bowl, and spoon, to trick my body into thinking I was eating real food. Might be worth calling and asking if you can have that?

Thanks for all the encouragement. It is very helpful. I am drinking about 90-100 oz of Water a day. I am drinking 3 Protein Shakes per day. I found a shake I like. That is not the problem. I am also allowed to eat SF Jello and Popsicles. I can also have all the green leafy vegetables I want. Today is day 3 of the pre-op diet. My surgery is Nov. 21st. At work, I'm so busy, I don't even think about the hunger. But, I have an hour drive home each evening and that's when the hunger hits. I can do this. Just needed some encouragement. Thanks guys.

Thanks for all the encouragement. It is very helpful. I am drinking about 90-100 oz of Water a day. I am drinking 3 Protein Shakes per day. I found a shake I like. That is not the problem. I am also allowed to eat SF Jello and Popsicles. I can also have all the green leafy vegetables I want. Today is day 3 of the pre-op diet. My surgery is Nov. 21st. At work' date=' I'm so busy, I don't even think about the hunger. But, I have an hour drive home each evening and that's when the hunger hits. I can do this. Just needed some encouragement. Thanks guys.[/quote'] I did a 15 day pre-op diet it sucks! But is so worth it!!!!! The post op part seemed much easier. I struggled to get my minimums in. You can do it! I am now 11 weeks out down 71 pounds. I had a friend that had been sleeved and leaned on her a lot. I did have one slip on about day 9 ( the best 5 fries I ever had ) but that just kicked the hunger in. I would not recommend it.