Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have experience with Fitbit one?

My MIL is hounding me to get her my Christmas list, so I am trying to figure out what I want. I ran across the Fitbit One and the Fitbit Force (coming out now ish I believe).

Anyone have any experience with a fitness tracking device --- specifically the fitbit one?

Thank you!

I had the One and now have the Flex (the Force is the newest one with the display on the wristband).

The only thing I liked better about the One over the Flex is you can wear it on your bra or put it in a pocket, so it's not noticeable. With the Flex it's obvious you are wearing something.

I love that fact that I can wear it 24 hours a day and it tracks your activity and even your sleep. You can connect with your smartphone via Bluetooth. You can also track your food and Water on your smartphone or computer. You can also synch with myfitnesspal, although I haven't done that yet.

All in all I am happy with Fitbit products. I only wish they came with a shock collar to shock me when I'm not moving enough!

I have one - I am a band to sleeve conversion and when I first had band surgery I used it faithfully. It really helped but then I had problems with the band and lost motivation. I just came back from a walk and told myself that I am plugging the fitbit and charging it up to start carrying with me. I had sleeve surgery 2 weeks and 1 day ago and am looking forward to returning to regular exercise. I am using your post as a sign so thanks! :) One of the things I like about the fitbit besides the motivation is that you can track a lot of things not just steps. Definitely worth putting on a Christmas wish-list in my opinion.

This new wristband intrigues me... (Fitbit Force --- check out I http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/06/fitbit-force-review/ for more information) I like the idea that it can display the name of the person calling. In addition to all the fitness tracking information. Do you guys think you would like a wristband or find it cumbersome and prefer Fitbit One? Wondering which way to go at this point.

Also, I am more of a biker than a walker or runner. (Okay, well hell, I am more of a couch potato, but we're working on that...lol) any idea how these gizmos work with biking? If at all?

Thanks again!

Edited by MetroDetroitChic

I wish I would have waited for the Force. The Flex is not cumbersome at all . It's lightweight and I really don't feel it when I wear it. It's lighter than a watch.

For biking, I take it off and manually enter the biking time - it doesn't track your activity on a bike. I take it off, so it doesn't think "bumps" I go over are steps. It will track your activity and calories burned if you manually enter your biking minutes and speed. It's accurate on the elliptical and the treadmill as well as walking outdoors. The Flex and Force don't have an altimeter which the One has - the One shows you how many flights of stairs you've climbed. That wasn't important to me.

I wear mine every day - I work from home, so I am not dressing up to go into an office. I wear it all the time and only take it off to charge it. If I was going out for an evening or needing to dress up, I wouldn't wear it.

I wear mine every day - I work from home' date=' so I am not dressing up to go into an office. I wear it all the time and only take it off to charge it.[/quote']

Is the Flex bothersome while typing?

Not any more than wearing a watch. Probably less so, because it's not metal. It's more like wearing one of those rubber Livestrong bracelets. I wear a silver Bracelet that bothers me more typing on my laptop.

I love my One also. It syncs with Mynetdiary, where I log all of my food, Fluid and weight. I'd really like to get an aria scale too - it would link with my Fitbit also. One shrinking happy family!

Sent from my iPad using VST

I have the one, it was on my Christmas list last year! I have it sync to myfitnesspal. Fit it is a great company... My daughter got her one at Christmas and managed to lose it by February - I asked to see if there was a way to locate it, there wasn't but they asked me to send my receipt and they replaced it within a few days!

I have the one, it was on my Christmas list last year! I have it sync to myfitnesspal. Fit it is a great company... My daughter got her one at Christmas and managed to lose it by February - I asked to see if there was a way to locate it, there wasn't but they asked me to send my receipt and they replaced it within a few days!

How do you sync to myfitnesspal?