Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Alejandro quiroz

I am going to use him once I save enough money. He was quick with calling back and answered all of my questions.

My case is different as I have only lost 20 lbs since my surgery 18 months ago. Yes, I am followiing the diet, but I havent lost much. I take 3 different antipsychotics and everyone thinks that is part of the problem.

Anyway,I want to get a panni and have Lipo on my hips as they stick out. He was the only one that would take me on at 300lbs. Others would do the panni but not the lipo. His price is also competitive. The price he quoted me for not just a panni but tightening the muscles as well.

Can I ask how much your surgeries cost? I'm looking into getting a breast lift w/ augmentation and either a TT or lower body lift. I've lost 80lbs so far but still have about 50lbs to go to get to goal so I do still have some time, just trying to plan ahead.

Can I ask how much your surgeries cost? I'm looking into getting a breast lift w/ augmentation and either a TT or lower body lift. I've lost 80lbs so far but still have about 50lbs to go to get to goal so I do still have some time, just trying to plan ahead.

U have to contact him with pictures and he will call u personally and give u a quote.

Ok thanks. Can I ask if you are at your goal weight or will you be before your surgery?

If I lost 10 pounds id be at goal, but honestly I'm ok. I know with plastics id be thick and curvy and that's where I want to be. I'm 5'6" and 160, in a size 4 jeans

I was not at my goal weight when I had my lower body lift surgery, but my weight had been pretty stable for 2 years (I mostly stayed within a 10 lb. range between high 130s and high 140s; like most people, my weight goes up in the winter and down in the summer). My goal weight when I had my bariatric surgery was 132 and I never got there (closest I got was 137 lbs. which I hit last summer for a few weeks). On the day of my lower body lift surgery on December 9th I weighed 149 (due to bad holiday/stress eating, and not exercising as regularly as I had been over the summer).

I knew from other people to not weigh myself in the first few weeks after surgery because you really do have a ton of swelling and trapped Fluid in your body. I weighed myself for the first time after my lower body lift surgery on January 1st, 2014, and I was thrilled to see I weighed 134.4 (I lost 15 lbs in 21 days., holy cow!). I think half of the weight loss was having the extra skin & tissue removed, and the other half was that my appetite had been extremely low following surgery and I hadn't been eating much. My weight notched up to 136 a few days later, and my weight has held steady between 136-137 lbs. for the past couple of weeks. So, now I am very close to my goal weight. I feel confident that once I can start exercising again, I will be able to maintain this weight with no problem and possibly hit my final goal weight.

Before surgery I wore a size 10P. At the time of surgery my pants were snug on me (since I was at the high end of my weight range). Now my size 10Ps are all quite loose, and I'm pretty sure I could fit into a size 8 with no problems (just haven't bothered to go clothes shopping). So, that is really exciting! :)

That sounds like where I want to be :) I still have about 50lbs to get there but I know it'll be here before I know it. Congrats girl!

Thank you! The number thing still messes with me though but I get over it when I put on a size 4. Lol. You'll get here, time and patience!

I was not at my goal weight when I had my lower body lift surgery, but my weight had been pretty stable for 2 years (I mostly stayed within a 10 lb. range between high 130s and high 140s; like most people, my weight goes up in the winter and down in the summer). My goal weight when I had my bariatric surgery was 132 and I never got there (closest I got was 137 lbs. which I hit last summer for a few weeks). On the day of my lower body lift surgery on December 9th I weighed 149 (due to bad holiday/stress eating, and not exercising as regularly as I had been over the summer). I knew from other people to not weigh myself in the first few weeks after surgery because you really do have a ton of swelling and trapped Fluid in your body. I weighed myself for the first time after my lower body lift surgery on January 1st, 2014, and I was thrilled to see I weighed 134.4 (I lost 15 lbs in 21 days., holy cow!). I think half of the weight loss was having the extra skin & tissue removed, and the other half was that my appetite had been extremely low following surgery and I hadn't been eating much. My weight notched up to 136 a few days later, and my weight has held steady between 136-137 lbs. for the past couple of weeks. So, now I am very close to my goal weight. I feel confident that once I can start exercising again, I will be able to maintain this weight with no problem and possibly hit my final goal weight. Before surgery I wore a size 10P. At the time of surgery my pants were snug on me (since I was at the high end of my weight range). Now my size 10Ps are all quite loose, and I'm pretty sure I could fit into a size 8 with no problems (just haven't bothered to go clothes shopping). So, that is really exciting! :)

Thanks for explaining this Kris! I really don't ever think ill hit 150. My bounce is 160-164 , hoping plastics will make me get there, if not, get rid of this 21 year old fat skin!

could u plz tell me approx. how much the surgery costs

could u plz tell me approx. how much the surgery costs

The cost really depends on the procedures you want/need. Dr Quiroz provides free consults and price quotes to prospective clients. You can contact the patient coordinator and describe what you're looking to get done, then what the coordinator would ask you to do is email a pictures of yourself to show the work you want done (in my case a lower body lift, so I took pictures of myself wearing a bra and panties), and then Dr. Quiroz will call you for a phone consult (he called me the day after I sent in my pictures). During the phone consult he will discuss possible options with you, and depending on what you're interested in he will prepare a price quote and the coordinator will email it to you for review. This is all free of charge! If you want to book the surgery you can do so.

In my experience, Dr. Quiroz's prices were half of what they would have been had I used a local plastic surgeon. Even with staying in the recovery boutique for a week, I saved thousands of dollars by going to him.

thank you so much... that was very helpful...♡♥♥♡

Kris, did you have anyone accompany you to Tijuana or did you go alone? How safe did you feel? Did you drive there? If not, when you talk about crossing the border, are you talking about the US/Mexico border?

Hi,

I went to Tijuana alone. I flew down to San Diego on a Sunday and spent the night in the Hyatt Manchester Grand (I highly recommend that hotel if you stay in San Diego!). On Monday morning I took a cab to the airport and was met by a driver from the cosmed Clinic who drove me down to the clinic (free of charge, and she wasn't allowed to take a tip), crossing over the border from the US to Mexico. When I arrived at the clinic I was immediately taken up to the operating room floor. My impression in driving to the clinic was that the clinic was in a good area of Tijuana.

I was in Tijuana for a week but never stepped foot outside the CosMed clinic until the day I left (and that was only to get into the car for the ride back to the airport in San Diego -- once again, someone from the clinic drove me up at no charge). So, I never had the opportunity to check the area out (however there is a mall a few blocks away and I understand that patients can walk over there if they want, and it's a safe area). So, safety was definitely not a problem for me.

I had a few moments of being scared/apprehensive about being there alone, especially right before the surgery (I wanted the emotional support). However, those were ffleeting moments. After surgery I was taken such excellent care of by the recovery boutique staff that I felt fine being alone. It would have been comforting to have someone there with me, it wasn't really necessary. After about four days I was starting to feel a little homesick though, and by the time I left a week later I was definitely ready to get back home (wanted to be in familiar surroundings with my family).

From what I could gather at the recovery boutique, it seemed that about half the patients had someone with them (family or friend) and half were there by themselves; it's very common for people to go there alone, and I think the staff really makes sure to take good care of the ones who come alone. I made the decision to go alone because I knew I would still need several weeks of recovery time at home and didn't want my husband to take his (fairly limited) vacation time to stay with me in Mexico when I knew I would be needing his help after I got home. My husband and I talked on the phone every evening and I got lots of emails and calls from friends and relatives while I was there, which helped me not be too lonely.

One thing I did was to bring a bunch of my favorite DVDs to watch, and spent a fair amount of time watching DVDs ... they made the days pass faster and took my mind off the post-op recovery discomfort. So if you go stay there, bring some DVDs to watch.

Bottom line, I was fine going alone, and although it would have been nice to have my husband or mom with me, I did just fine without them, and I was really well taken care of by the Cosmed Clinic staff and the recovery boutique hotel staff. If I had to do it all over again, I would be fine going alone again.

I hope this helps :)

Kris