Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Alejandro quiroz

Anybody use him for plastics?? Very interested in him and his work. He responded so quickly and called me less than a day after my email to him. Love how he cares and explains himself with full details. Looking on using him for my LBL and lift without implants. He said he will do a fat transfer to help with my lift . If you've used him Id love to hear about it!

Hello Susie,

I just hate it when no one responds. Although I can not be of any help regarding this plastic surgeon, I really wish you the best in your search for a PS. Let me know how it is going, or if you need any help. I know you have been looking for for a while now. I would have sent you a personal message, but it does not seem to be working right now. I guess when it is up and running again I will. Anyway,

Take care and I hope talk to you soon.

:)

Sweetpee

I am having surgery with him on December 9th (LBL with brazilian butt lift and Lipo on arms). I will let you know how it goes!

I don't know anything about him either, but good luck in your search!

Hi, the thread I started about my surgery is called Lower Body Lift -- One Week Post Op. I'm now 10 days out and still incredibly sore, but I know in a few weeks I will be feeling much improved. :)

Hi, the thread I started about my surgery is called Lower Body Lift -- One Week Post Op. I'm now 10 days out and still incredibly sore, but I know in a few weeks I will be feeling much improved. :)

Awesome congrats! How's Dr. Q?

Awesome congrats! How's Dr. Q?

Overall I was satisfied; on a scale of A - F, I'd rate him a B+. Major good things - his phone consult was excellent, and the pre-op meeting the day of surgery was good. The surgery went off without a hitch and I had no complications of any sort, which was the most important thing to me. It's still early to say what the final results are going to look like, but I could immediately see my abdomen and butt were much tighter and firmer than prior to surgery, and he and his staff were very happy with the results and said I would be once I healed up. The incisions around my pelvis and the vertical fleur de lis incision are not perfectly symmetrical but they aren't horrendously asymmetrical, and appear to be acceptably in line with results I've seen with other LBL patients from other surgeons. Dr. Quiroz did either come visit me or have me come up to see him almost every day I stayed there (I think there were only 2 days out of 7 I didn't see him). He answered any questions I had and did what I expected him to do. I can tell you, the man is BUSY! Every time I saw him he was either just finishing his surgeries for the day or was between surgery. The cosmed clinic is a bustling place. During the original consult I was told I'd be having a brazilian butt lift with Lipo injection. The lipo injection was not done since my butt didn't need it (I only needed the lift, not extra padding), but I wasn't told of this (I only figured it out on my own because my butt was one of the rare parts of my body that didn't hurt, and had lipo been done it probably would have hurt immensely.) During the final consult prior to surgery, Dr. Quiroz did change up the game plan a bit; based on his actual hands-on evaluation of my body he recommended I get a fleur-de-lis procedure since I had a lot of laxity in the skin in my upper abdomen and he thought I would not be satisfied with the results otherwise. I was also originally supposed to get lipo injection in my butt along with the butt lift, but I didn't need that after all. The total price of the surgery did not change although I"m sure it was more expensive to do the fleur de lis than to not do the lipo butt injection, so that was nice.

I stayed in the recovery hotel boutique for 7 days after surgery. I'd rate them a B or B- overall (the longer I stayed, the lower the grade). Had I only stayed 3 or 4 nights I am sure I would have rated them an A. The room I had was good, private only for my use, very spacious, and the bathroom was huge. I had free wifi and DVD and cable TV to entertain myself. The treatment I got from the staff the first days was absolutely wonderful, but as I was able to do more on my own, I felt like they started to neglect me a little in favor of the newer patients going in (which is pretty understandable, you've got to prioritize the work). The nurses did constantly ask me how I was doing, and told me to call the front desk if I needed anything (and in all but one case they responded immediately). There were a couple of instances towards the end of the visit when the nurse was supposed to come wake me at midnight to take a pain pill, but didn't come (and boy that hurt after the pain med wore off!). I did get a lovely Shampoo and sponge bath over the weekend, which I desperately needed, but I kind of had to ask for it (I don't know if it would have been offered had I said how desperate I was to have a shower, which I wasn't allowed to have). The food was decent, again especially the first few days, but after a while I was getting fed up with it. I think I was just becoming a very cranky patient, wanting to be back in a familiar place with the comforts of home. So I might be being a little harsh in my rating of the clinic ... during the time when I needed help the most, I got outstanding help. The staff was always polite and helpful. They all speak English at least passably and several are totally fluent.

The worst thing I experienced was actually my discharge -- I was supposed to have a driver come pick me up at 10 am on my release day, so I could be at the airport by noon, and I spoke to no less than 3 of the staff in the Cosmed clinic to confirm this, and all confirmed. But then on my discharge day I was told very apologetically that there had been a mixup and my driver would not come until noon -- there was a lot of finger pointing and I never did really figure out what went wrong (the driver told me she had originally been scheduled for a 10 am pickup but then was called and told to come at noon instead). This was not an earth shaking crisis (I didn't miss a flight or anything) but it was an annoying inconvenience, and had I missed a flight I would have been extremely upset. The head nurse at the recovery boutique told me this sort of thing happened before, which surprised me (not in a good way). So I would definitely advise if you stay at the recovery boutique, make sure they know exactly when you need to leave, and build in some extra time for unexpected issues like what I experienced. Oh - one really cool thing -- there is a special exit lane at the border for medical patients. The driver presented paperwork from the clinic to the guard and was allowed to use that lane. We were able to zip through the border really quickly; it was 30 minutes from the time I left the clinic to the time I crossed the border, and at least half that time was getting from the clinic to the border area, and as well we stopped at a pharmacy to get some additional meds. Tthe regular lines at the border were absolutely horrendous; probably would have taken 3+ hours to cross the border, so that medical lane is super cool! I totally felt like a VIP.

After I was released from the clinic, I did experience a complication (leaking Fluid from my incision, which opened up the incision a couple of inches). When it happened I totally freaked out and contacted Dr. Quroz by email (sent a picture of the open incision and explained what had happened). Even though it was the day after Christmas and he was on vacation, he called me very quickly and was very reassuring and helpful and told me how to treat it (it turns out this is a fairly common occurrence). It eased my mind tremendously. I contacted him about a week later with an update and again got a very quick call back and good information. I was very pleased with how responsive he was and fortunately this problem is not major and I am healing up.

Edited by Kris

Thank you so much for all the details. I booked with him for June 25, I haven't paid my deposit yet but I'm trying so hard to save my money now for that and my wedding!

Congrats on both! I sure you will be a gorgeous bride!!!! :)

How are u recovering? R u seeing the results?

I'm just over four weeks out now, and went back to work this week (half days, as my energy level is still pretty low; when I get home from work I take a long nap). My incisions are healing up pretty well, but I'm still super conscious of them and I move around very slowly and deliberately (I have to constantly remind myself to stand up straight and not walk around stooped over).

I really notice the difference in how my clothes fit! My clothes are all really loose in the waist/hip area and I think I could comfortably fit into a lower size (but as my weight and size was very stable for a couple of years prior to surgery, I don't have any clothes in a lower size to confirm this). My tummy looks amazingly flat in profile and that is a thrill.

I do still see some areas of swelling but I know that is totally normal and swelling could continue for up to several more months. Basically, at 4 weeks out, I feel like I'm about 65% on the way to normal. I'm seeing improvement every week and that is encouraging. I feel like I am a pretty slow healer overall, so it's possible you could feel much better, much faster than I have. :)

The first month after surgery was really really hard for me, but now that I'm a month out I know the worst is behind me and it's only going to get better! Yay! :)

I'm just over four weeks out now, and went back to work this week (half days, as my energy level is still pretty low; when I get home from work I take a long nap). My incisions are healing up pretty well, but I'm still super conscious of them and I move around very slowly and deliberately (I have to constantly remind myself to stand up straight and not walk around stooped over). I really notice the difference in how my clothes fit! My clothes are all really loose in the waist/hip area and I think I could comfortably fit into a lower size (but as my weight and size was very stable for a couple of years prior to surgery, I don't have any clothes in a lower size to confirm this). My tummy looks amazingly flat in profile and that is a thrill. I do still see some areas of swelling but I know that is totally normal and swelling could continue for up to several more months. Basically, at 4 weeks out, I feel like I'm about 65% on the way to normal. I'm seeing improvement every week and that is encouraging. I feel like I am a pretty slow healer overall, so it's possible you could feel much better, much faster than I have. :) The first month after surgery was really really hard for me, but now that I'm a month out I know the worst is behind me and it's only going to get better! Yay! :)

Thanx for the update Kris! I really am glad to hear u recovering well. I hope I can have all my money saved by June 25... I really need this muffin top gone and my lift with no implants. I feel do saggy! Lol

Susie, you will be thrilled with your results when the work is all done! And June will be here before you know it! :)