Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The ultimate WLS fitness idea thread

The purpose of this thread is to capture your daily workouts to share with others over time. It is not meant to be a challenge thread;rather, it will become a valuable resource to others over time to find workouts that will work for them based on many different dimensions of compatibility (gee, sounds like e harmony. Lol).

I hope the thread lives for a long time.

In order for others to gauge what is possible and how it might apply to the, please include the following information:

Starting weight: your initial weight, before surgery.

Current Weight: your current weight

Height: your height

WLS status: how far out are you? Are you in loss phase or maintenance phase?

Type: the type of exercise. For example - running, biking, swimming, walking, cross fit, weight lifting, spinning, aerobics, DVD, etc.

Description: include whatever information you want to describe the workout

Pre workout meal: what did you set before the workout

Post workout meal: what did you eat after the workout

Notes: personal opinions, rants, questions, etc

Water: how much Water are you drinking?

Supplementation: a what additional supplements are you taking to help with work out

Diet type: the type of diet you are on. For example - post op, zone, paleo, 5:2

Protein: how much Protein are you taking daily?

Carbs: how many carbs are you taking?

Calories: how many calories are you eating?

Sleep: how many hours of sleep? How is the quality of sleep?

Here is an example for me today.

Starting weight : 360 lb

Current Weight: 180 lb

Height: 5'11"

WLS status: 16 months. Maintaining.

Type: Crossfit

Description:

"Fight Gone Bad"

3 rounds, 1 min per station, of:

Wall Ball, 20#/14#

Sumo Deadlift High Pull 75#

Box Jump 20"

Push Press 75#

Row (calories)

Rest 1 min

Rotate immediately to the next station every 1 min, the clock does not stop or reset between stations.

Notes: This is my first "fight gone bad" workout. I want to try and hit 300 reps. Some say it is one of the hardest crossfit WOD. We shall see about that.

Pre workout meal: 1/2 cup cooked steel oats with 2 scoop of Protein powder (50 g). Might reduce to 1 scoop.

Post workout meal: 1 AMRAP bar (300 cal, 17 G protein, 14 carbs). Made of paleo friendly ingredients. For example, uses honey to sweeten.

Water: 230 oz

Supplementation: 5 g beta-alanine, 5 g creatine, 300 mg caffiene and 14 g bcaa

Diet type: paleo

Protein: 175 g

Carbs: 85 g

Calories: 2100

Sleep: 7 hours. Good.

Love this, and will join you as soon as I'm cleared.

Even our coaches sort of gird their loins for FGB. They say it's similar to Murph in effort. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Love this' date=' and will join you as soon as I'm cleared. Even our coaches sort of gird their loins for FGB. They say it's similar to Murph in effort. Good luck and let us know how it goes![/quote']it went well. I ended up doing 254 reps in the workout which is not a bad score. My weak area is definitely the shoulder presses, but I found to have pretty good reps on everything else, including the rowing. I was definitely toasted afterwards.

I hope others feel comfortable with posting their workouts on this thread. :)

Starting weight: 398

Current weight: 263

6'2"

Seven and a half months post op

Still in weight loss mode

Treadmill at 4% grade 3.4mph for 1.25 miles

Treadmill at 3% grade 5.8mph for .5 miles

Worked out with trainer for 1 hour

30 sumo squats with 25kg kettle

60 lunges with 20kg kettle

30 squats 25kg kettle

45 dumbell presses with 40 pounds each arm

45 rows with 40 pounds each arm

30 dumbell curls 30 pounds each arm

Average 1500 calories per day

Avg 90 ounces Water daily

130-180grams Protein per day

The purpose of this thread is to capture your daily workouts to share with others over time. It is not meant to be a challenge thread;rather' date=' it will become a valuable resource to others over time to find workouts that will work for them based on many different dimensions of compatibility (gee, sounds like e harmony. Lol). I hope the thread lives for a long time. In order for others to gauge what is possible and how it might apply to the, please include the following information: Starting weight: your initial weight, before surgery. Current Weight: your current weight Height: your height WLS status: how far out are you? Are you in loss phase or maintenance phase? Type: the type of exercise. For example - running, biking, swimming, walking, cross fit, weight lifting, spinning, aerobics, DVD, etc. Description: include whatever information you want to describe the workout Pre workout meal: what did you set before the workout Post workout meal: what did you eat after the workout Notes: personal opinions, rants, questions, etc Water: how much Water are you drinking? Supplementation: a what additional supplements are you taking to help with work out Diet type: the type of diet you are on. For example - post op, zone, paleo, 5:2 Protein: how much Protein are you taking daily? Carbs: how many carbs are you taking? Calories: how many calories are you eating? Sleep: how many hours of sleep? How is the quality of sleep? Here is an example for me today. Starting weight : 360 lb Current Weight: 180 lb Height: 5'11" WLS status: 16 months. Maintaining. Type: Crossfit Description: "Fight Gone Bad" 3 rounds, 1 min per station, of: Wall Ball, 20#/14# Sumo Deadlift High Pull 75# Box Jump 20" Push Press 75# Row (calories) Rest 1 min Rotate immediately to the next station every 1 min, the clock does not stop or reset between stations. Notes: This is my first "fight gone bad" workout. I want to try and hit 300 reps. Some say it is one of the hardest crossfit WOD. We shall see about that. Pre workout meal: 1/2 cup cooked steel oats with 2 scoop of Protein Powder (50 g). Might reduce to 1 scoop. Post workout meal: 1 AMRAP bar (300 cal, 17 G Protein, 14 carbs). Made of paleo friendly ingredients. For example, uses honey to sweeten. Water: 230 oz Supplementation: 5 g beta-alanine, 5 g creatine, 300 mg caffiene and 14 g bcaa Diet type: paleo Protein: 175 g Carbs: 85 g Calories: 2100 Sleep: 7 hours. Good. [/quote']

Start weight: 230

Current weight: 150

5'5

Weightloss status: 4 months postop

15 pounds left to lose (lost 80 pounds in 4 months)

Exercise: Body Beast DVD by BeachBody

(Involves weight training) drop sets

Post workout meal: Peanut Butter or other high protein snack.< /p>

I eat mainly Paleo

Currently I eat 900 cal but since I just started an intense weight lifting program I am trying to raise it to 1000

About 7 hours sleep in pitch darkness

I keep my carbs under 100

60-80 grams of protein (trying to keep it at 80 or more)

Start weight 398

Current 256

Surgery 3-18-13

Weight loss mode still

8 hours sleep

Treadmill warmed up 3.6 mph 3% grade .75mile

Dumbell bench presses 60 @ 40lb each arm

Dumbell incline press 60. @ 40lb each arm

Tricep extensions 60 @ 30lb each arm

Bicep curl straight bar 60 @ 40lb

60 push ups

Standing leg presses 60 @ 210lbs

60 body squats

TRX body weight pull ups 60

Starting weight 397lbs

Current weight 282lbs

Height 5'11

9 months post op

Still in weightloss phase.. Still a way to go.

Thursday Kettlebell Class

Round 1 dive bombers 30 secs - spinal rocks 30 secs (2 sets 40 secs rest till round 2)

Round 2 cleans (12kg) 30 secs - Turkish press 30 secs (2 sets 40 secs rest till round 3)

Round 3 swings (20kg) 30 secs - windmills (12kg) 30 secs (2 sets 40 secs rest till round 4)

Round 4 single arm row (20kg) 30 secs - figure of eights (14kg) 30 secs (2 sets and 40 secs rest and 5)

Round 5 squat triple crush (12kg) 30 secs - side arm press (12kg) 30 secs (2 sets and 40 secs rest till round 6)

Round 6 reverse hip curls 30 secs - get up sit ups 30 secs (2sets and 40 secs rest)... PHEW!!

Post workout meal.. Steak and kidney stew :)