Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On The Verge Of Mental Collapse

scale says I'm down at 250.5!! Lets hope tomorrow it's even lower. Gotta try and hit 245 before Monday >.<

Right there with ya.

Literally.

We have the same surgery date and doctor.

See you on the 12th at the OCC!

BTW, this is my 2nd time down. My wife had the surgery in May so I have been through all this with her. It's been great to have all that experience going into this. She knew all the shakes and Protein drinks that didn't taste bad, etc.

Even though I've been through it and know what to expect, I'm still a little anxious.

Edited by Chonk

Right there with ya.

Literally.

We have the same surgery date and doctor.

See you on the 12th at the OCC!

BTW' date=' this is my 2nd time down. My wife had the surgery in May so I have been through all this with her. It's been great to have all that experience going into this. She knew all the shakes and Protein drinks that didn't taste bad, etc.

Even though I've been through it and know what to expect, I'm still a little anxious.[/quote']

Heh I just quoted your post on the November sleevers forum! Is your wife on the forum?? Has she had good results? I just wish it was over with, I'm not really anxious at all!

She is although not as much since her surgery.

Her handle is KazooGirl.

She's had phenominal results. She's down a total of almost 80 pounds and looking real good.

You'll meet her. She's coming down with me.

Yeah, I feel the anxiety a bit when I'm not doing anything. It's been pretty easy for me by just staying busy. The diet is ok, I'm not tired or anything but man I just want to CHEW something. And of course I suddenly see how EVERY commercial on TV is about food......ugh.

Wife wife is now eating pretty much anything she wants. I can't wait to get to that stage. She eats slowly and in small amounts, but can pretty much eat whatever she wants - and she's still losing!

Are you coming with someone?

Bring your gear and you can ink me while we're down there ;)

Just keep working at it! I think you will be just fine! (:

Mouse, I'm with you and I feel your pain. You have 6 days, you will drop the pounds, I'm sure of it. I'm on day 8 of a 30 day liquid pre op liquid diet. I'm allowed pudding, yogurt and cottage cheese but that sure is disgusting after a while. Instead of chicken Soup broth, I've ordered pho a couple of times and just eat that broth. It's yummy. Like you, my doc takes weight loss as an indicator that the liver is shrinking. If you're compliant, you will succeed. Also like you, my doc will cancel if I don't lose the weight, I am required to lose 23 pounds and my pre op start weight is 232. My first week I only lost 3.5 pounds so I've dedicated myself to the gym from now until 11/25 which is the day before my surgery. (Minus Sunday's :-)) mentally this is really difficult, but I just think about how fast time flies and I try to focus on Xmas coming up. By then, we will be on mushy/solids and will have lost 20 plus pounds, right? (Ish) time flies doesn't it, can you believe it NOVEMBER already? Holy cow. Well just blink, and it's December. Blessings to you all. Xoxo

She is although not as much since her surgery.

Her handle is KazooGirl.

She's had phenominal results. She's down a total of almost 80 pounds and looking real good.

You'll meet her. She's coming down with me.

Yeah' date=' I feel the anxiety a bit when I'm not doing anything. It's been pretty easy for me by just staying busy. The diet is ok, I'm not tired or anything but man I just want to CHEW something. And of course I suddenly see how EVERY commercial on TV is about food......ugh.

Wife wife is now eating pretty much anything she wants. I can't wait to get to that stage. She eats slowly and in small amounts, but can pretty much eat whatever she wants - and she's still losing!

Are you coming with someone?

Bring your gear and you can ink me while we're down there ;)[/quote']

Lol no, I'm a professional tattoo artist, not a kitchen magician, I work only out of shops :P

My dad is actually going to be coming with me, which will have its pros and cons haha

Mouse' date=' I'm with you and I feel your pain. You have 6 days, you will drop the pounds, I'm sure of it. I'm on day 8 of a 30 day liquid pre op liquid diet. I'm allowed pudding, yogurt and cottage cheese but that sure is disgusting after a while. Instead of chicken Soup broth, I've ordered pho a couple of times and just eat that broth. It's yummy. Like you, my doc takes weight loss as an indicator that the liver is shrinking. If you're compliant, you will succeed. Also like you, my doc will cancel if I don't lose the weight, I am required to lose 23 pounds and my pre op start weight is 232. My first week I only lost 3.5 pounds so I've dedicated myself to the gym from now until 11/25 which is the day before my surgery. (Minus Sunday's :-)) mentally this is really difficult, but I just think about how fast time flies and I try to focus on Xmas coming up. By then, we will be on mushy/solids and will have lost 20 plus pounds, right? (Ish) time flies doesn't it, can you believe it NOVEMBER already? Holy cow. Well just blink, and it's December. Blessings to you all. Xoxo[/quote']

Awesome :) thanks for the well wishes and stay in touch through your journey!

scale says I'm down at 250.5!! Lets hope tomorrow it's even lower. Gotta try and hit 245 before Monday >.<

You got this! You really got this!! And I took my scale out old yeller style a few weeks ago. Course, now I have a new digital but it only step on it first thing in am after first potty. Then carry on with my day. It keeps me accountable and in check. If I don't get on it daily, in the past, that's when I'd get out of control again. But I love love love my tiny tummy now! Never hungry..now I just forget to drink my Water..working on that.

Haven't dared step on it yet... It's a foul' date=' cruel beast and if its still where it was yesterday, I will probably take it out back ol Yeller style.

Then get a new scale and hope it was born on the side of the just![/quote']

Oh Mouse, all are foul beasts. All are spawn of the devil. All require exorcism.

You can beat the scale... Just average results over time... A year from now it will look good.

Lol no, I'm a professional tattoo artist, not a kitchen magician, I work only out of shops :P

You know I was joking right?

See you in a couple of days.

You know I was joking right?

See you in a couple of days.

Haha yeah I know, that's why I didn't give you a full list of reasons why it's not only unsanitary but completely unsafe as well :P

My goodness! We are getting close!

Yes we are.

Wifey and I are spending a couple of days in San Diego before we go to OCC, then a couple of days after too.

It's been cold and rainy here in Michigan so I'm looking forward to some sunshine.

I just finished day 1(yesterday) and I cheated with a package of steamed veggies. I was STARVING. My head was splitting and I felt like crying all day. This morning I made 1/4c. of egg beaters in a pam sprayed pan. 30 calories. How can I eat a 60 calorie sf pudding, but not egg beaters? Doesn't make sense to me. I am diabetic too, on insulin so I think my hunger is a lot worse than someone who isn't diabetic. I remember before I was on insulin, I'd eat egg whites or another Protein for Breakfast and I'd stay full until 1pm, doesn't happen anymore. I got on the scale this morning and I'd lost only .5. I know I didn't eat anymore than 1,000 calories yesterday. So frustrating.