Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2013 Sleevers Roll call!

Just passed my one-year Surgeversary, and I never would've believed this would happen for *me*. (Other people, sure, but nothing ever worked for me!) I really debated getting the Sleeve at age 60, but I didn't want to carry extra weight into my elder years. I debated doing it because I "should" be able to do it myself, but finally admitted that if I couldn't do it over the past 30 years with diets & pills & hypnosis & etc, I probably wasn't going to be able to do it by myself.

This is one of the best things I've ever done for ME! I feel healthy and energetic again! And tho I'm thrilled to look better, I really did this for good health. I chose the Sleeve because it's simple and did not re-route internal plumbing -- it's livable! I can eat anything I want, but one slice of thin pizza is more than enough (instead of half a pizza!), yet usually I want healthier foods, and this former carb-addict no longer craves carbs. My favorite sweet treat is strawberry Greek Yogurt!

HW- 212 ... CW- 149 ... I've maintained 60 lb loss for six months, finally getting used to shopping for size 6. (fyi, sizes have changed! I never wore a size 6 even when I weighed 145 back when. Trying to make us feel better, I guess, but we're fooling no one but ourselves.)

Congratulations to everyone! The first year is already past, and many MANY healthy years are ahead!

post-183541-0-57060900-1413649322_thumb.jpg

@SuperKen. Excess weight will age you. You look sooooo much younger. Congrats!

@SuperKen. Excess weight will age you. You look sooooo much younger. Congrats!

thank you finediva

Checking in! So I became a marathoner last month in Miami! Just been maintaining for the last 7 months.

Sw:273

Cw:138

post-183894-14248401237445_thumb.jpg post-183894-14248401502565_thumb.jpg

Checking in! So I became a marathoner last month in Miami! Just been maintaining for the last 7 months.

Sw:273

Cw:138

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1424840121.192518.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1424840148.103158.jpg

You look amazing and have achieved something you should be so proud of. I started at 254.1 and CW 143 and I know how hard that has been to achieve but to also be able to complete a marathon ! Like I said amazing well done

Thank you!

Hoping we can here from more of the October 2013 people. We would love to hear how your going and what is and isn't working

I awoke this morning to a Facebook notification of a post from 6 years ago (evidently this is a new feature that Facebook has) of a pic I had posted. I literally do not remember myself looking that way. Here is the pic and a current one as well post-177975-14396484622092_thumb.jpg post-177975-14396483237775_thumb.jpg

Wow. I haven't posted here in forever so I thought I'd check in. I'm doing awesome and I had a lower body lift 2 months ago which went well picspost-183019-14416745548496_thumb.jpg

Wow. I haven't posted here in forever so I thought I'd check in. I'm doing awesome and I had a lower body lift 2 months ago which went well picsattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1441674553.941784.jpg

You look amazing we are all coming up to 2yrs what a ride it's been. Can you give us a bit of information about your lower body lift ? Also how are your arms and legs

Wow. I haven't posted here in forever so I thought I'd check in. I'm doing awesome and I had a lower body lift 2 months ago which went well picsattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1441674553.941784.jpg

You look amazing we are all coming up to 2yrs what a ride it's been. Can you give us a bit of information about your lower body lift ? Also how are your arms and legs

I'll pm you a link

Hoping we can here from more of the October 2013 people. We would love to hear how your going and what is and isn't working

I would love to be in touch with some 2013 sleevers. I'm committed to getting back on track.

HW: 240

LW: 135.5

CW: 179

Open to anyone willing to recommit with me. Need all the support and tips I can get.