Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who out there gets hot and cold a lot?Q

I am 66 so I am not going thru menopause but I find myself freezing a lot of the time or overly hot the other part of the time, I am on thyroid meds but my endo says all my blood work is fine. Anyone else having these problems?

I am 60 & only have the freezing part going on (none of the feeling overheated part). I was always feeling hot & uncomfortable before the surgery - now I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum....but it's worth it I can always put more clothes on!

I've been getting the freezing, I haven't experienced periods of hot and cold just mainly the cold.

I have had both.

The same thing is happening to me. I am 55 and post menopausal. Post surgery and abut of weight loss I now get cold very easily. Oddly, I feel like the loss of fat has released female hormone and caused me to re-experience hot flashes. Too hot, too cold. What am I, Goldilocks?

I've always run on the hot side but the last 10 years, being so over weight... I don't even own a heavy sweater or a jacket. Since losing after surgery I still get hot after doing something but I actually wore a sweater today!

For the most part I'm freezing all the time!

But I do get hot flashes if I eat to fast or to much!

Weird huh?

After a lifetime of being warm/hot, it is one heck of a change to think about bringing along a jacket or a sweater because I might feel cold. That extra fat certainly was an excellent insulator, but I'll take wearing a sweater instead of inches of fat!! As for the hot flashes, I have had a couple in the middle of the night... woke up feeling really hot.

Congratulations to all of us who are now feeling cold instead of hot! We worked for it... and now (at 8 months after surgery), I have learned that I must continue to work every day. This is not EASY!!

I am now COLD. Never thought I would say that. Two weeks post op.

I break out in a sweat for a few minutes. Never had that before surgery except when I was exercising! Get cool but I can deal with that.

Thanks for someone else with the hot/cold thing ! My feet get so cold I've used the hair dryer to warm up.

I get sweaty and throw the covers off and then I'm cold... Repeat

After I eat,I heat up for a while thankfully

8 1/2 years post op. Done w/ menopause 2 years ago or so. Just my issue after losing weight. Glad I'm not the only one????

I have been having temperature issues since sleeve surgery on May 14th. Yesterday came home from work and got my heating pad out because I felt such a hard chill and nothing warmed me up, not hot liquids, more clothes, nothing. I decided to take my temp and discovered I had a fever (99.8). Called my surgeon and she thinks I might have a little bug or something but didn't relate to the surgery. It nevere occurred to me that I might be sick, just put it off to aftermath of the sleeve.