Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How will you celebrate reaching your goal?

For me' date=' getting to goal seems possible (now) but I can say I wont feel like I am out of the woods until I have maintained it for a good amount of time. 1 year? 2 years? 3 years? Not sure how long that is. I guess It will come in time.[/quote']

Because of this thread I have decided to Celebrate something each month to help me stay focused and at goal. And something big for each year I stay at goal. I've learned if I write it down and have a visual to reflect on it helps me a lot. Best wishes and a "You can do it" for everyone. :-)

4 pounds until goal! I plan on working hard on maintance and plastics next summer!

I want it all..... Plastics, new clothes, a vacation, pictures with my family..... These are things I have never indulged in myself because I never wanted to be seen. I like the idea of a jewelry piece too to mark 100 pounds lost. Years of putting myself aside is going to be very expensive when I hit goal. Lol

I am 52 and 14 lbs from goal. Family pictures for sure! Shopping of course! And I want to go zip lining! I don't know why, but that's what's been on my mind the past few weeks. Maybe a feeling of freedom zipping through the air. I definitely know at goal my journey isn't over it just another beginning! Then I am gonna hit the road for a few trips to see my brothers and meet a few of my online friends=D

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Edited by TerryBelieves

Haven't thought about it other than shopping for new clothes (in my daughters' closets...LOL). Would love to go on a nice "adult" trip and show off my new bod...hehehehe Hopefully I won't have any sagging skin.

Overall, would just enjoy life!

I have several rings that don't fit anymore. :) I have decided to melt down the gold and use that money to have a nice wedding ring made. After 44 years of marriage, I now prefer silver to gold. So, I will have one nice platinum or white gold band ring made with channel-set diamonds. I have 10 teeny diamonds and 3 medium ones to work with. Every time I look at my hand I will be reminded of what I have accomplished and how badly I want to stay at goal forever.

I don't know. Probably go for a long hike and have a good cry.

I've been big my whole life' date=' I have no idea what to expect when I am not an overweight person.[/quote']

I feel the same way! All od my friends think I'm going to despise overweight people and totally change my personality... I expect my outlook on life to be a better one, and I expect to be more confident... But I won't be a jerk to 'fat' people..

Shopping for designer clothes, no more Walmart clothes. I never would spend much on fat clothes.

16156414-origpic-d307cf.jpg

Shopping for designer clothes' date=' no more Walmart clothes. I never would spend much on fat clothes.

[/quote']

I really want to start wearing Hollister and Aeropostal clothes! Not just Ross and Walmart clothes.... lol!

My husband, a good couple friends of ours and I are planning a cruise. We have it booked for May 2015. Im sure am hoping I will have reached my goal by then lol Im not sure what Ill do the day it actually happens though. Maybe schedule a massage and a brazilian waxing (always wanted one lol) ? I've been fat my entire life, and haven't been at 170 since I was in 4th grade. Maybe 3rd grade. I hit 200 in 5th grade and never looked back. I can barely wrap my head around being thin, so who honestly knows what will happen.

It's awesome you are close to goal. I hope you find a perfect way to Celebrate such a tremendous achievement :)

My reason for getting the surgery to begin with will also be my reward when I reach goal: I hope to try to get pregnant! I'll wait until I've maintained my goal weight for over a year, but then I can't wait! I'm getting baby fever already :)

bodyweight.png?ts=1382456267

I am having a very hard time imagining it as well which I honestly think will begin to hinder me after a while so I am going to have to change how I think. I have only 75 more pounds to lose and I am at the point right now where eating has become easy so some more thought' date=' time and energy are going to need to go into my success. Because at the end of the day, only we are responsible for our own change.[/quote']

You are 100% correct, only we ourselves are responsible for our own change! Thanks for the reminder

I am 5 pounds from my goal and when I had my followup with my surgeon my mom went with me, she has been my rock this whole journey. When he told her that he already considered me a success, and that if I didn't lose another pound he would still consider me successful she just beamed. Seeing her be so proud of me was reward enough. But 2 days after the appointment she called and asked me to come over, she needed to talk to me, I was worried that something was wrong. When I got there she told me that she pulled my daughters school calender up on her school's website, and saw that she had a long 4 day weekend, in Jan, and that since she knew she was doing well in school, it wouldn't hurt her to miss another day or 2, I was shocked that MY mom was advocating missing school, and now really worried that she was going to tell me something was wrong and she had to go somewhere far for a medical procedure or something. Then she hands me an envelope, when I open it, it's the documentation for the cruise she has booked for them, myself and my daughter. There is room for my husband and if he can get the time off work, they are going to pay for him to go as well. I have never been on a cruise before, and they go on several a year, so she booked the best of everything. We are going to the Bahamas, the private island, and a few days at sea. When I came home and told my husband what she had done for me, he said that he wanted to wait to give me his gift until I was at goal, but since I would be needing thing to wear for the cruise he would give it to me now. He has paid for a 3 hour photo shoot, an hour at the location of my choice, an hour in her studio and an hour for my make-up/hair/clothing changes. I will get every picture that the woman takes, edited, and on a disk with a release so I can print as many of them as I want. And while I am cruise shopping I am also going to be shopping for some things for my photos. He found a woman that specializes in vintage pin-up style photos. Something I have ALWAYS dreamed of being able to do. I am madly in love with Bettie Paige, and this is really just perfect. I guess 15 years of being together, and 13 years of marriage made him know me better than I know my own self.

When I started the journey I bought a pandora style charm Bracelet, (still silver, but a knockoff) and every 10-15 pounds I have added a charm that represents what I'm doing, or where I am in life. I have a gym shoe charm (for when I started walk away the pounds), a hair dryer charm (for when I actually started trying to look better each day), I found a blender charm (for my post-op liquid phase), I found a bikini charm (to be added at goal), the camera charm is for when I finally took a picture and didn't cringe at the sight of it, you get the idea. The funny thing is now it falls off if I'm not careful, but the place that sells the knockoffs is going to make it into a charm strip for me to either hang from my rearview mirror (seems fitting to use it to look behind me, or to put somewhere in my house. There are too many charms to make it small enough to fit my "tiny" wrist now.

. When I started the journey I bought a pandora style charm bracelet' date=' (still silver, but a knockoff) and every 10-15 pounds I have added a charm that represents what I'm doing, or where I am in life. I have a gym shoe charm (for when I started walk away the pounds), a hair dryer charm (for when I actually started trying to look better each day), I found a blender charm (for my post-op liquid phase), I found a bikini charm (to be added at goal), the camera charm is for when I finally took a picture and didn't cringe at the sight of it, you get the idea. The funny thing is now it falls off if I'm not careful, but the place that sells the knockoffs is going to make it into a charm strip for me to either hang from my rearview mirror (seems fitting to use it to look behind me, or to put somewhere in my house. There are too many charms to make it small enough to fit my "tiny" wrist now.[/quote']

Loved your story about your mom and husband's plans for you. I'm very curious where you got your charm Bracelet. I've been thinking of something similar to mark the events but I don't know enough about charm bracelets to know where to get started.