Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pretty sure I f***ed up the sleeve. No leak, but I might as well have never gotten it.

Throwaway:

The sleeve is a tool,not a silver bullet

You like to drink? Me too. My motto: "One and done"

Alcohol is empty calories. Factor it in. 125 cals Per drink.

Also it is a dis-inhibitor.

You drink----- you do Stupit things..... I'm sure you can recall some examples.

Like eating the wrong things.

I go out all the time and order Virgin Mary's. Only the bartender and I know I'm not drinking alcohol.

You Do not need to cook to get the good Proteins.

Protein shakes.--- Pre mixed or powders

Canned tuna

Canned chicken___ Swanson has tuna & chicken in 3 oz cans-- pop top lids. No can opener- perfect portions.

Hard boiled eggs

yogurts

Cottage cheese

Go out and order an omelet

I was out to dinner tonite and ordered tuna tartare.--- awesome!

Remember why you started this.

I agree.. that's why I apologized. Was having a really bad night, that's not my usual. I'm sure everyone has had a moment of stupidity they have regretted. Pease

I am glad you have learned a lesson, will leave it at that so long as it does not occur again.

Last night I drank a whole bunch for halloween, and during the past four days or so I have gone through like almost 4 boxes of Cereal, and not the good kind.

I see people post on a support group Im in (not sure why Im in it..like...it does nothing for me but see people succeeding...yay them...)

All this surgery did for me was make me drop like 60 pounds in the matter of 6 weeks or so, and made me not handle my alcohol at ALL. So I'm THAT guy when I go to college parties. And by THAT guy, I mean the guy who is the most drunk. I dont want to be the most drunk.

I wonder if my stomach stretched all the way out? I never feel full anymore. My hair is falling out at an alarming rate, my shower/bathtub is a mess because I have like tens of dozens of hair strands just all around...

yay life.

I'm about 6 1/2 months out. I have had alcohol once and I haven't had a single bowl of Cereal since I was sleeved. Nobody can make you drink and eat that stuff except for you. The sleeve doesn't make you change your eating habits--you do that. Remember the part about not drinking when you eat? You can't eat cereal with milk--same thing. You're just diluting the cereal down, it's passing straight through and you get hungry quicker. I strongly suggest meeting with a dietician. Your physician should have provided you with a meal plan. I lost hair between 3 and months. You should be taking a Multi-Vitamin, vit D, Vit B12 and Calcium at the very least. You should be eating 60+ grams of Protein a day. Stop buying cereal. You will not be able to eat like you used to and keep the weight off. I'm down 77 lbs and I still cheat every now and then. I keep chocolate chips in the freezer so I get a crunchy/sweet snack sometimes. I eat pretzels ( I count out 10) when I want something salty. Stop buying cereal. If it's not there, you won't be able to eat it. Don't even go down the cereal aisle. And lay off the partying for awhile. There are plenty of things you can enjoy without alcohol. My diet plan is basically 3-4 oz of Protein 3 times a day. I can have a low-carb veg if I'm still hungry AFTER eating the protein. I stay between 500-800 calories a day. Sometimes I still do a Protein shake at Breakfast. I eat around 20 grams of carbs a day. It's really a mindset, changing your attitude about food and developing self-control. You have to do the work--the sleeve only helps you with Portion Control. There are days I eat crap too. I think probably everyone does sometimes--protein can be boring. Save the crap for special occasions or just the occasional splurge.

Pease out..

peas.jpg

I hope your doing better today. The way this community stepped up to help you has truly been inspirational. I'm sorry I sabotaged it, if only for a moment. I can't imagine with all the people sending prayers your way that would would have anything to do but succeed. :)

Edited by Seela

PDX I know fake pease when I see them..

Fake fake fake pease!! :P

I think it's unfortunate that you can't let one night of ugliness go after sevrral days. I have. I am sincere. Continuing in this manner isn't helping anyone and certainly not this young man or youself. I still hate spellcheck... I went back ank fixed it. PEACE..

??? What spell check? Sorry but you got me stumped on this one.

Look at my face! Don't I looked stumped :D

Edited by imfatpat

I think it's unfortunate that you can't let one night of ugliness go after sevrral days. I have. I am sincere. Continuing in this manner isn't helping anyone and certainly not this young man or youself. I still hate spellcheck... I went back ank fixed it. PEACE..

Let it go. You spoke. You have apologized. It is done. If some wish to fixate on your "foot in mouth" post, let them. That's their hang up not yours.

Jeeze Louise.. Looks like I missed out on a good excuse to pig on popcorn

Still don't know what I did..

But to the op.

I did read the thread I hope you find your answers soon. I could not imagine going through this at such a young age. But you made a brave (and smart) choice but along with the sleeve most of us need outside help in the form of therapy. Until I could be honest with myself and my therapist nothing changed.

Throwaway 557.. go buy the frozen chicken wing dings.. its a huge amount in that bag..all u hv to do is thaw wash season to taste n cover and throw that shyt in the oven..or a crock pot or a boiler on top of the stove. .easy and fail proof..use chicken stock or water..