Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pretty sure I f***ed up the sleeve. No leak, but I might as well have never gotten it.

Last night I drank a whole bunch for halloween, and during the past four days or so I have gone through like almost 4 boxes of Cereal, and not the good kind.

I see people post on a support group Im in (not sure why Im in it..like...it does nothing for me but see people succeeding...yay them...)

All this surgery did for me was make me drop like 60 pounds in the matter of 6 weeks or so, and made me not handle my alcohol at ALL. So I'm THAT guy when I go to college parties. And by THAT guy, I mean the guy who is the most drunk. I dont want to be the most drunk.

I wonder if my stomach stretched all the way out? I never feel full anymore. My hair is falling out at an alarming rate, my shower/bathtub is a mess because I have like tens of dozens of hair strands just all around...

yay life.

Hmmm.. Obviously, Alex's cuss filter failed your post

Anyway.. The sleeve was not made to prevent you from eating or drinking yourself into failure. That is up to you.

Don't really know what to say except you should think of your priorities. Worrying about beer and drinking tons of it would not be one at the top of my list. I am also college aged and know all about parties. If ppl ask why your not drinking or judging you, tell them to screw off. It's not worth it being stupid.

I'm going to try really hard to not sound judgemental, but what makes you think binge drinking is a good life decision? Surgery or no surgery it's irresponsible and unhealthy. You had VSG surgery to help you lose weight, thereby making you healthier. Why would you throw it all away for college parties? If you want to be successful at the weight loss, and at life in general, you will stop going overboard with the alcohol. This whole "I'm not an alcoholic until I graduate" thing is complete and total bullsh*t. I hope you know that.

Buckle up, eat right (high Protein, low carb), don't drink, and you will see the sleeve still works for you. You will get out of it what you put into it.

Oh no, i like drinking. Its not about me not being judged, its about wanting to unwind and lose my inhibitions.

But so far the sleeve has failed me, or i have failed it. I kind of hate going back to those checkups with the doctor where I can pretend to be open with him and the nutritionist.

Also, the whole "Im not an alcoholic because Im in college" is bullshit too, anyone with a brain can know that. Its like saying just because Im a professional gambler doesnt mean I have a gambling problem or something like that.

Regardless, the alcohol isnt the problem, its the food. People told me I would be stuffed. People told me I wouldnt be able to eat, that I would throw up if I pushed myself. And guess what? I threw up once, and that was enough to know that I should not drink (Water......) after eating a whole lot, and I should definitely chew a bit better.

Other than that....yeah nothing is really working. I wonder if its possible to see how much my stomach stretched.

Im posting this on another account (because my "identity" was compromised) but I actually remember talking to you Laura...and I remember you specifically telling me that once you move to full-foods its harder to eat. It was for the first week but it is nothing, anymore.

I've never thrown up..... I have an eating disorder. I got the sleeve to help with it. But I have to do my part too.

I have to stick to dense Proteins to keep me full.

I have to stay away from slider foods.

I have to exhibit SELF CONTROL.

The sleeve will not jump out of your stomach and knock that **** out of your hand!

You have to take personal responsibility!

How far out from surgery are you? Don't be too concerned about the hair, it seems to happen to everyone(including me!) What are you eating? If you are just eating cereals/grains you won't feel the restriction, have some Protein first before you eat anything else. go back to the basics, lots of Water, protein, get some basic exercise like walking. A 60 lb loss is a great start, you didn't say how much you wanted to lose, so I am assuming that you still want to lose more. About the alcohol, my Doc told me that alcohol would speed through your system now, you are now officially a cheap drunk, probably don't need more than 1-2 to get that way. If alcohol is a big issue for you, you could try having a glass of water in between your drinks.Do you have a NUT or a counselor you can talk to? Hope things improve for you.

It seems like soggy, sugary Cereal in milk would slide right through and maybe you wouldn't expect to get full from it? I'm still pre-op and can't legitimately give you any suggestions, but if you posted a normal day's intake there are probably some folks on here who could help you troubleshoot that part. Beyond that, it sounds like you might need to actually sit down and talk to someone. Maybe set some priorities and decide what changes you're willing to make to succeed, and what you're not willing to do - and accept whatever limitations that imposes.

The sleeve will not change your self destructive ways. Going to a therapist that deals in addictive behaviors might be a good thing for you...

I have to agree with this a thousand times over. I started therapy with a psychologist who specializes in eating disorders (and particularly binge eating disorder) a few months before I started the process of getting sleeved. Its been 7 months since I started therapy and I get sleeved at the end of this month, and I can't imagine getting sleeved without having had that therapy. Before, every diet I would try would last a little more than a week before I slid back into destructive habits. Now I've been on my pre-op diet for over a month, and while it hasn't been perfect (ate an extra dinner roll one night), I finally know I'm in control and will be able to handle the stress of post-op. I also intend to stay in therapy for quite awhile, because removing most of my stomach will not change how my mind processes decisions and behaviors. Only behavior modification can do that.

Im posting this on another account (because my "identity" was compromised) but I actually remember talking to you Laura...and I remember you specifically telling me that once you move to full-foods its harder to eat. It was for the first week but it is nothing' date=' anymore.[/quote']

Ok. Are you eating **** or are you eating dense Proteins? Because when I f**k up I can eat A LOT of ****.

Edited by laura-ven

Oh no, i like drinking. Its not about me not being judged, its about wanting to unwind and lose my inhibitions.

But so far the sleeve has failed me, or i have failed it. I kind of hate going back to those checkups with the doctor where I can pretend to be open with him and the nutritionist.

-

Also, the whole "Im not an alcoholic because Im in college" is bullshit too, anyone with a brain can know that. Its like saying just because Im a professional gambler doesnt mean I have a gambling problem or something like that.

Regardless, the alcohol isnt the problem, its the food. People told me I would be stuffed. People told me I wouldnt be able to eat, that I would throw up if I pushed myself. And guess what? I threw up once, and that was enough to know that I should not drink (WATER......) after eating a whole lot, and I should definitely chew a bit better.

Other than that....yeah nothing is really working. I wonder if its possible to see how much my stomach stretched.

Were you honest with your surgeon's office about your drinking? If so, shame on them for being greedy. It doesn't sound like you were a good candidate for WLS. VSG was an intervention to help you make your life better, but it's totally up to you if you want to succeed.

Alcohol alone is not going to stretch your sleeve, though it will make you incredibly sick and cause you to further progress your clearly budding addiction. Are you following the nutritionist plan at all in terms of food? Small meals, high Protein, low carb? Separating eating and drinking? Are you only spending 20 minutes eating at each meal and chewing slowly? These are the most basic requirements postop. If you aren't following the guidelines and you are depressed and drinking heavily, then it's easy to see why you are struggling. I think you need to seek help if you want to make this work. It's NOT too late to make real change for yourself.

I threw up once when I had Cookies and Water, and I probably took too big of bites. I have had scares, but the only time anything has came up was once. And I learned my lesson to limit my drinking and eating at the same time.

What are some dense Protein foods that can keep you full? eggs are apparently dense Protein, dont do **** for me. Doesnt help that I cant cook. Doesnt help that I can eat a full bag of cereal and not feel a thing.

I dont know how to take personal responsibility when I THOUGHT that was the point of the sleeve, to help me out. All it did was make me hurt like hell for two days, hurt bad for another 7, then be sore for another so and so weeks.

TJL, Im mid summer. I have been taking my Vitamins once a day, maybe three days a week or four, when I want to be taking them twice a day seven days a week....Maybe thats why Im losing hair so fast. Its a bit disgusting.

And guys Im not an alcoholic........I dont know why you got that picture. Alcohol now gets me soooo drunk that before I used to control myself, now its harder. I remember taking a shot of a 100 proof vodka and almost immediately felt it. It just goes through me.....