Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved October 2. Starting weight 260. Current weight 214. I've noticed that the more I exercise the less I lose. It's frustrating!

Hey Patter, it isnt supposed to work that way!! Great job so far!

What is deflated Gummy bear syndrome, never heard that before.

Imagine you at your heaviest weight, looking like a human gummy bear, and then losing weight SO fast that you look like a gummy bear with all the middle taken out. Your skin would hang like a deflated gummy bear. Most us will have to deal with extra skin to some degree but if you lose the weight TOO fast, it only makes it worse, because the elasticity of an adult's skin can't keep up with super-fast weight loss...hence the deflated gummy bear (it's my weird term lol).

I was sleeved Oct 7th at Baylor Trophy Club in Texas by Dr. Adam Smith. Got a rocky start after surgery as blood pressure didn't want to come up and some oxygen sat issues but went home the next day. I have been on regular foods for 2 weeks and still finding what I can tolerate and not tolerate. eggs are a no go..never been a big fan but have tried. I have lost 32 pounds since my journey began and am loving it each time I fit into something I haven't been able to wear and getting rid of clothes that have outgrown me.

My self esteem rises a notch every time I lose a pound. I find myself being a nicer person.

I have learned my stomachs quirks and more importantly..not to gulp Water...lol

Gonna go to bff's for thanksgiving dinner today. She too is a sleever from May...we should make a fun pair for dinner...

Carry on y'all..it only gets better.

Hi! I'm almost 8 weeks out and doing well. I have lost 55 pounds so far. I'm not keeping track of anything, really. I eat small portions and stick to my dietary guidelines. Can't wait to see what the next 8 weeks brings me.

Sleeved 10/21 down 35lbs! Yay!

Sleeved 10/22 and I've lost 43 pounds.

I want to know, how are all of everyone's portions going? It really varies based on what I eat. But I panicked the other day realizing I used the wrong guideline and managed to take down 1/2 cup of shredded chicken in 3 hours.

I have been working out a few times a week by just working. I work where I live...in an apt community that has close to 200 units. I clean them out, sometimes even have to pack up and move out residents myself, and I shovel snow too. Plus, my kids keep me busy too.

But as far as dedicated exercise, I haven't done it yet.

Insomnia has set it as well.

Sleeved 10/5 - down 49lb (from 240 to 191) since the start of my pre-op diet. Down from a uk size 22 (US 18 ) to a UK 16 (US 12 I think!). <br><br>

I'm just at the beginning of my second stall since surgery - so helpful to know I'm not alone and I just have to ride it out!<br><br>

One weird thing I have noticed though is that my sleeve feels a lot 'tighter' in the morning and evening - I feel really restricted around these times and can't tolerate liquids if they're not warm first thing in the morning. Is this just my body being strange?

Gah, I am frustrated. I must be the slowest loser ever. Sleeved 10/17 and I'm down 24 pounds. I lost 17 pounds in the first 17 days and the rest has been a slow struggle. In fact, I am currently up 1 pound. Who gains?? I'm not sure I've ever read about that.

I am getting 600-700 calories on average. I have great restriction. I am anxious to see the scale move again!

Sleeved 10/23 at 238; yesterday I weighed 200 exactly. Standing on the edge of "ONE- derful! Good thing, becaus eI feel miserable most of the time with mild nausea and have just developed a sinus infection. Nice to have something to feel good about.

Gah, I am frustrated. I must be the slowest loser ever. Sleeved 10/17 and I'm down 24 pounds. I lost 17 pounds in the first 17 days and the rest has been a slow struggle. In fact, I am currently up 1 pound. Who gains?? I'm not sure I've ever read about that. <br><br> I am getting 600-700 calories on average. I have great restriction. I am anxious to see the scale move again!

Sassy that happens. You may go up and down and not see the scale move for awhile. Are you working out daily?

Gah, I am frustrated. I must be the slowest loser ever. Sleeved 10/17 and I'm down 24 pounds. I lost 17 pounds in the first 17 days and the rest has been a slow struggle. In fact, I am currently up 1 pound. Who gains?? I'm not sure I've ever read about that. <br><br>

I am getting 600-700 calories on average. I have great restriction. I am anxious to see the scale move again!

I gain.. a lb or two here and there.. Water retention, you know. But overall if I do the math I'm averaging about 3 lbs per week loss.

Gah, I am frustrated. I must be the slowest loser ever. Sleeved 10/17 and I'm down 24 pounds. I lost 17 pounds in the first 17 days and the rest has been a slow struggle. In fact, I am currently up 1 pound. Who gains?? I'm not sure I've ever read about that. I am getting 600-700 calories on average. I have great restriction. I am anxious to see the scale move again!

I'm right there with you. Sleeved 10/16 and only down 29 pounds. However, I do not have great restriction. There are days when I don't get all of my fluids & Protein in and I need to be more consistent with working out. Hopefully the weight loss will increase with my efforts.

So is anyone else finding themselves having to almost sort of pick between eating food and drinking Water?

I just can't manage both yet.

So is anyone else finding themselves having to almost sort of pick between eating food and drinking Water?

I just can't manage both yet.

Yes yes yes... so much work, and people say we're the lazy ones!