Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I too like to see a new post and hear how everyone's doing! It's amazing that everyone seems to be doing very well, with only minor glitches. I'm wearing clothes that have hung in my closet for years, and that's a great feeling! and when I bought some plants at the store last week, I climbed in & out of the bed of my pickup with no problem!! I could truly feel the difference not having those 30 lbs on my body!

One challenge for me is I need to learn to eat slower, taking time between bites. I don't eat much of course, but I'll chew it right up and without thinking eat a nother bite and then I get very uncomfortable before I realize it. Trying to get better at that.

How about in January -- three months out -- I'll start a post for October Sleevers again so we can get updates!?!

Good luck & blessings, everyone!

I was sleeved on October 3rd and have lost 48 pounds since the beginning of my journey, including the 19 pounds lost before surgery. I am feeling great and just piled up some clothes to donate as they just are too big.

Sleeved on 10/17. Lost 23 pounds since surgery. Hit the 3 week stall and it's been super slow going since.

I continue to struggle with getting all my fluids in. No issue with any foods.....so far. Hitting between 500-600 calories each day.

Your body stalls because it's traumatized by the sudden change in your eating habits. It thinks you are not going to find your next meal and holds onto every ounce of weight it can until it realizes you haven't stopped eating. It's preserving your core, your internal organs...it's also why our hands and feet are so cold all the time. It focuses on saving the life-sustaining organs. I stalled for 12 days and hovered between 216-217, 3 weeks after getting sleeved. Yes, it is horribly frustrating but 27 lbs is an ENORMOUS loss in only 3 weeks. You probably, like me, also left the hospital with 8-10 additional pounds of Water weight, courtesy of the IVs they pump into us. Please be proud of yourself and patient with your body. It's really traumatized after all our years of abusing it with bad food choices. And the FASTER you lose it, the more likely you will fall prey to "deflated Gummy bear syndrome"! :o So hang in there...your body will catch up with your new eating patterns. All of us go through it and the three-week mark is typical for the FIRST stall (yes, it will happen again!) and can last up to two weeks.

Big hugs!

My date was Oct 1st and I am down 32lbs. I feel great. I have been blessed to not have a stall at this point but I can tell my body is trying to adjust to the weight loss. My goal is to at least be down another 10-15 lbs before Christmas. I have to say I don't faithfully exercise daily because of my job, but I do try to do some when I am able to.

I had my surgery on Oct. 2. I did well the first few days and then had nausea and dry heaves for about 2 weeks. All if the sudden they stopped for no rhyme or reason. Just thankful they did!! Since then I have been doing fabulous. I am down about 50 lbs. I have a ton of energy!! Going this Friday to join a gym. Have been walking about 4-5 times a week. Feeling GREAT!!!!!

So glad for this app!! So glad to hear I am not the only one who stalls out!! I did a couple weeks ago for at least a week. I thought I was doing something wrong!! I was sure was failing at this just like the other diets. But I am back on track. It is easy to get frustrated and feel like a failure. It's good to have you guys to support each other!! Thanks so much for all your encouraging words and advice!!! Happy and HEALTHY thanksgiving to all of you!!!!

I was sleeved 10/21 and down 32 lbs. Pain when bending over just all of a sudden stopped last week and I feel great. Would love to bee at the 200lb mark by end of year... we'll see!

It was so nice to read about the progress of all of you so far. I was sleeved on October 28th, and I have lost...well, honestly I don't know which to count? If I go by the last weigh in of my bariatric center, I've only lost 19.3. If I go by the first day's weight after I got out of the hospital, I've lost 29.5. If I count my beginning weight when I started the process of the diet classes, I've lost 36. If I go by my highest weight, which was about a week or so before my first diet class, I've lost 49. I know my bariatric center will count theirs, which is the 19.3. What do all of you use? I haven't lost anything since last week - my 3 week stall, I suppose? Tomorrow is week 4 and I see my surgeon on Tuesday. Their scales weigh me 3 pounds less than mine do, so my total loss (if I don't lose anything else before Tuesday) will be about 22 pounds. I haven't really exercised much, but I did some Zumba the last 2 days (exercise video). I couldn't do much more than about 15 minutes, but I was able to do more than I would have pre-surgery, so I'm pleased. I still don't get all the Protein and Water in every day, but I'm working on it. The Outshine brand of no sugar added popsicles have been a great transition after the hour I have to wait to drink to make sure my tummy is ready for the liquids. My bras are all too big, as are most of my tops. I have 2 tops that I bought last year that were too snug. I've hung onto them and I can wear them both now! I'm also wearing my rings again. One ring that was too small for my ring finger is now too big so I wear it on my middle finger. My jeans are getting looser and my favorite PJ bottoms are SO saggy! I'm loving it! I've been taking my measurements, too, and I'm still losing inches even during this weight loss stall. When I did face time with my 5-year-old granddaughter last week, she asked me why does my neck look so long. I think that means she is noticing my weight loss over the phone! I have only gotten sick about 3 or 4 times. I hate Protein powders so I've been getting my extra protein from Protein Bars. I can only eat 1/2 a bar, but that's 9 grams of protein per 1/2 so that helps. I do have problems staying "regular" but haven't taken anything to help it along so far. I guess I'll get some Milk of Magnesia next time I'm at the store and somebody said watermelon helps, too, if I can find a place that still has watermelon. All in all I'm very pleased with my results so far. This will my goal will be to kick up the exercise. I'm new here, by the way, and I look forward to keeping in touch here and checking in on all of your progresses.

Congrats, SLW! You and several others have lost a lot for such a short time! Your bariatric center can use whatever number they want, but since your highest weight was when you started this process (and not 6 months or a year ago), then I'd use that number. Take credit for what you've done and be proud!

BTW, everyone seems to freak out about not having BMs often, but geez -- we're hardly eating anything!!! Get some Fiber gummies and drink your liquids, and it will pass.

I gotta start exercising *regularly*. I've been so hit & miss about it!

Yes, you're absolutely right. I did feel real Constipation only once. But other than that one time I have felt fine. Fiber gummies. I didn't know there was such a thing. I will look for those.

I was sleeved on Oct. 9th, I have lost about 36 lbs since the surgery. I don't really notice it much when looking in the mirror, but I definitely already feel like a new person. Can't wait to see everyone's progress in the next couple of months! Good luck everyone!

I was sleeved 10/16. Was 253 at my highest in April when I got diagnosed with Diabetes type II. Doc put me on Metforming and referred me to Weight Management Center. I quickly lost 17 lbs after being prescribed Metformin...which lessened my hunger from fluctuating blood sugar levels. But then the weight stabilized there.

At the start of preop diet (4 days), I was 236. Morning of surgery, 228. Day after surger 238...added 10 lbs of Water, courtesy of the IV. :blink: But now am 212 as of this morning and it's the lowest weight I've been in probably 8 years. Went from size 20 pants to size 16. Not too shabby.

So to recap...am down 41 lbs since my heaviest, 24 since start of preop diet and 16 since surgery....and in between all that had a 10-day stall at 217. lol Back losing in the last few days and feeling groovy. B)

The best part of it all? I AM NO LONGER DIABETIC. Surgeon took me off Metformin THE DAY AFTER SURGERY. I'm off Lipitor and last remaining med (for BP), I should be off soon. I could live with being "chunky" but NOT with Diabetes. And that is the BEST news of all.

This is my story to a "T" but with different numbers!

Awesome, FieryRed and Atroglet!!! We all get excited to see the numbers on the scale going down, looking better, moving better. . . but what's truly MOST important is what's happening INSIDE our bodies as the excess fat comes off. Y'all have demonstrated that to a 'T'!!! :D