Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm curious to hear how everyone who was sleeved in October is doing!

Mine was Oct 14 in Tj with Dr Garcia, two nights in hospital and one at the Marriott. The docs & nurses & hospital & hotel were great. Other than feeling nauseous the first couple of days, weak & sore the first week, it's all gone very well. I even survived having TWO sets of company the week after I returned home! (No visitors for months, and I get two that week!)

I've had a queasy stomach a few times, but it always passed. Didn't know if I could even take Pepto, so I'm glad it did!

And I'm now down 21 pounds from my highest weight a week before surgery when I started liquids -- I am still amazed when I get on the scale! My BMI is below 30 for the first time in a hundred years at least. And tho I know the speed of weight loss will slow, it's exciting to me to know that I'm not dieting to lose this weight and then have it all come back later, plus some!

Of course, I COULD have lost this weight two months ago if all I ate was Soups & shakes & yogurt, but I would've been climbing the walls with hunger and eating paint chips! With the sleeve, even tho it's new, I'm just not very hungry very often. It's more of a *mental* thing to retrain my mind that I do NOT have to finish that cup of Soup, cause I'm getting full.

I'm wearing tops that I bought a year or two ago that were tight when I bought them but I told myself I'd lose ten pounds so I could wear them. Never did... Until now! And it feels GOOD knowing that all that FAT around my internal organs is going away, making me healthier in the long term. I'm 60 now, and I did this so I'd be a healthy little-ole-lady in the future.

So... that's my story. What's YOURS? How are YOU doing? Let's compare notes.

Hi there! I was sleeves on Oct 7th and I am down 13 pounds since surgery. 12 of those pounds were lost in the first two weeks after surgery, I have been in a stall the last almost two weeks, though this morning I was finally down a pound. The stall is frustrating, but I know the weight will eventually come off. Otherwise I have had a great recovery. I haven't had any issues really, so I am happy about that!

I was sleeved on Oct 14th. Things have been GREAT! No nausea, vomiting, pain, just been smooth sailing. I am sooooo proud of myself I just got in from a 6 mile brisk walk this morning. I have NEVER EVER EVER done 6 miles in the same month let alone same day. I am loosing weight and i'm not hungry. I even have to set reminders to eat! I get in all of my supplements and Vitamins and Protein. My television has hardly been turned on at all in the last 2 weeks and my clothes feel better. I'm almost in tears thinking of the positive changes to my life in this short a period. I cant wait for the next 12 months to unfold. Go us!!!!

Oct 24th here... Im down 20 ibs from pre op now for a total loss of 40 since I started my journey. Im finding Protein Shakes are making me sick now and I smell everything so clear that I almost get sick from it. All in all I'm well and feel great. I'm getting my waist back ( it's small but it's starting to show )

Love it, Sleevie J! Glad you're doing so GOOOOOD! ~and this is just the beginning of our journeys! :D

Lisa DM, I've heard a stall is common around week 3. Hang in there! I'm so glad to see the scale going down instead of UP for a change!

pookluvp, have you tried unflavored Protein added to Soups? That works well for me, and I'm not using shakes as much. and now I can use my Magic Bullet (only $49 at Costco) to puree chunky soups & casseroles into what I can eat, so that's been a BIG help!

And now it's November and we are PAST the kickoff! YEAY!

Hey everyone- October 15th here. I'm on soft foods now & actually ate meat for the first time tonight. Pan seared a small chicken thigh for dinner... Also took that recipe for baked zucchini- dipped in egg white & panko & seasoned- yummy! I'm down 29 pounds since I started my pre-op diet... That's including the 18 day stall that may have just broken since I started to exercise the past couple of days. It was weird, as soon as I started my full liquids, the weight loss just stopped. Here's a link that really helped me put things in perspective...

http://m.obesityhelp.com/member/carmelita/blog/tag/stalls+and+plateaus/

How is everyone feeling about the new app? Not sure just yet... Kind of miss my tickers, lol

I was sleeved on October 23 and I am doing great. I just entered the puree phase and I am so enjoying real food! Who would have thought cottage cheese could taste so good. I am ready to go back to work and continue my healthy eating. I am nervous and excited at the same time to stick to my new ways of eating and exercising. I am down 30lbs which includes the 2 week diet before surgery. Good luck to all October sleevers!

I sleeved on Oct 22. A couple of mild bouts of nausea and diarrhea so far that seem to be reactions to a pill or to milk. Can't quite tell yet which. Lost 28 lbs since surgery and more before, but the REAL thing for me is that I'm down to 2 blood auger meds from 4-- 1/2 of my metformin currently and down to 10 units of lantus (100 pre-surgery). I'm so happy about that I cry. Also have dropped one of my 3 blood pressure meds, too.

Having trouble getting the Calcium in. Already take lots of pills, and those things are HUGE. Working on this.

Different topic-I'd like to join the Facebook page, but PMing megabucks889 seems to be beyond my skill set. Can anyone help?

Sleeved 10/24 and feeling great! Only out of work 1 week and am 100%. I am a bit disappointed that I've only lost 9 lbs over the last 2 weeks. I did just up my Water, think I haven't been getting enough. Protein hasn't really been an issue. Hoping that the weight loss kicks into high gear soon! Still on liquids and ready for the next phase.

Sleeved 10/31 and down 19 lbs. doesnt seem to be anything I cant get down but then again because I an still on liquids that is my head assessment. I cant wait to progress to other stages however my doc is pretty strict. 4 wks of liquids before the next stage.

I have had a relatively non-eventful recovery, no pains to speak of, and doing plenty of walking.

Oct 21st here! I was so surprised at how easy recovery has been. No nausea, very little pain, back to work in two weeks and on my feet all day. I'm in the puree stage.. who ever thought puree food could be so great!

HW 250

PRE OP 247

Day OF SURGERY 236

CW 223.5

It's great to hear so many success stories! I find I don't get on the boards as much any more, now that "the deed is done", but we should do our part to pay it forward with those who are nervous and facing their own sleeve surgeries!

I'm on soft foods now, and it's loverly to chew real foods again! I'm still amazed that I can be sooo hungry (if I've gone too long without a snack) yet I can't finish something like a half-cup of chicken/egg salad! Love it.

BTW, I guess that 3-weeks stall is real. I was losing nicely but this past week lost only 2 lbs. But I know it'll happen eventually.

MLH, I'm so happy for your positive health changes! What's happening INSIDE our bodies now is truly more important that what our bodies look like on the outside... And I found an awesome alternative for Calcium: Try Calcet Creamy Bites Calcium Supplement (BJsBariatrics.com). They're little chewable squares that taste good!! I love the lemon cream, it's such a nice change from all the chocolate stuff -- almost like a little treat. There's also a chocolate version that's sorta chocolate/caramel; it's also good, but I'm tired of chocolate after all my shakes in the past month! 500 mg Calcium & 400 IU Vitamin D per creamy bite.

Wish I could find something similar for basic Vitamins. I have a bariatric chewable Vitamin that's berry flavored but it's SO strong, I have to force myself to chew & swallow it. Can we ever again take normal Vitamins? Does anyone have one they actually like?

Keep on akeepin' on! :P

I was sleeved October 21. 286 was my starting weight and today I was at 252.

My food varies from day to day..im still on full liquids. Get to puree Wednesday! I always get my liquids in but the calories per day really vary.

I usually have one or two days per week that are low calorie days. The rest im good and totally hit my Protein goal.

But I'm loving this! I honestly really hope I never feel hunger again!

I go back for my 3 week check up tomorrow. I am feeling very down at this point. My doctor did not require a pre-op diet. So the weight I've lost has been since surgery date of 10/21. 27 pounds in 3 weeks but I seem to be stalled. I am walking a mile a day now. Eating high protein-no carb. chicken, some scrambled eggs..no eating prblems at all. I know when to stop. I guess I just thought the loss would be more at this point or I would see a fall each week. Ideas?