Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month post op and kind of disappointed

Im 1 month post op and im disappointed in my results so far. The way the nurses and doctor talked the weight was going to start falling off but I dont know of my expectations are high or if im in an adjustment period. Im down 9.9lbs since surgery and it keeps bouncing around. Ive weighed the same for 2 weeks now. Am I doing something wrong?

Im 1 month post op and im disappointed in my results so far. The way the nurses and doctor talked the weight was going to start falling off but I dont know of my expectations are high or if im in an adjustment period. Im down 9.9lbs since surgery and it keeps bouncing around. Ive weighed the same for 2 weeks now. Am I doing something wrong?

Pleasse see the post from sleeved Pat! Looks familiar, I bet! I GAONED 10 mounds the week after surgery and had not lost any weight for the first two weeks.

Relax and stay with your program! What I said to Pat:

It happens to EVERYONE! Seach the "3 week stall". SUPER common as things heal and get 'organized'. This too shall pass (and you might want to skip weighing yourself every day... if you are)

If you are following your surgeon and nutritionists directions to the letter, then no you aren't doing something wrong, your body may just need time to adapt still. Have you been exercising more? You could be putting on a little bit more muscle.

I can tell im losing inches and I have been exercising more...I was wondering if that's why I haven't lost a whole lot. I see all these people who have dropped 30lbs the first 6 weeks. It just made me wonder why am I not losing.

I can tell im losing inches and I have been exercising more...I was wondering if that's why I haven't lost a whole lot. I see all these people who have dropped 30lbs the first 6 weeks. It just made me wonder why am I not losing.

If you are losing inches then you are doing well I think. Don't be a slave to the scale because it's going to drive you nuts. I plan to only weigh myself once a month or when I visit my PCP or surgeon.

Edited by Someguy

For certain the weight doesn't just magically fall off - it's still a lot of work. I have learned that I am a slow loser and that's fine for me - you may find the same is true for you.

My advice is to try not to measure yourself against the weight loss of others but instead against your weight loss efforts in the past. And losing inches is so great - my clothes are just hanging off me these days and I've barely lost any weight on the scale since that darned Week 3! Follow your surgeon's plan and work that sleeve and the results will happen.

Edited by Shells_Almost_There

Everyone is different, and for some it seems like the weight loss is very quick and for some not so much.

Early out I was disappointed in the slow weight loss and began recording my weight. Yesterday I posted my weight chart here: http://www.verticals...s/#entry1049808

At the bottom of the post there is a picture to click on showing my progress....as well as a couple 1 pound gains and stalls

I don't know if it'll help, but just so you know, it's not falling off of me, but I do like the overall downward trend....Wishing you the best.

Edited by PGee

Thank you everyone. This is all new to me and hard getting use to.

I know exactly how you feel. I am 6 or 7 weeks out. I lost 14 pounds the first 2 weeks. The last 32 days the scale has not moved on ounce. I know I am doing everything right. Get all my Protein and Water. Exercise a minimum of 4 days a week. I Track everything that goes into my mouth. I have even put the scale away because I do not want the scale to determine how my day will go. I have upped my calories and exercise, and still nothing. I have lowed my calories and still nothing. I cannot seem to shake it. I am so discouraged and frustrated. My biggest fear before having the surgery was to fail at this. I monitor myself extra close and I feel like I am the only one in the world that this will not work for.

You are not alone. I am 4 weeks out and have lost 19lbs since surgery. The doctors told me I will lose about 10-14lbs the first week but that didn't happen. I get frustrated occasionally but I am trying to remain focused and trust the process. I really did have this illusion that the weight would start falling off. Not so much!

I'm seven weeks out and have not lost anything in the last 3 weeks I am a little discouraged but I am hoping for the best! We have had the surgery and it's going to take time and hard work! We have to remember it is only a tool

Please tell me you have lost weight! I'm about to schedule surgery, but 14lbs?? I'd be disappointed too!

I know exactly how you feel. I am 6 or 7 weeks out. I lost 14 pounds the first 2 weeks. The last 32 days the scale has not moved on ounce. I know I am doing everything right. Get all my Protein and Water. Exercise a minimum of 4 days a week. I Track everything that goes into my mouth. I have even put the scale away because I do not want the scale to determine how my day will go. I have upped my calories and exercise, and still nothing. I have lowed my calories and still nothing. I cannot seem to shake it. I am so discouraged and frustrated. My biggest fear before having the surgery was to fail at this. I monitor myself extra close and I feel like I am the only one in the world that this will not work for.

Friends, as I said early (with MUCH bad spelling), I GAINED (water) weight after surgery. Two weeks after surgery I was at my surgical weight. AND we all have stalls. But time passes and following your program lets you lose weight. I am 9 months out, losing slowly, but have lost over 110#. You can lose too!