Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the story behind your profile name?

RNsleever715 - I'm a RN, I'm being sleeved July 2015 ????

Mine goes back to high school, small town USA, rednecks, we had CB's in our trucks. My "handle" was Goldilox, I have always had long, pretty blonde hair. Brings back great memories and fun times. And the last decent nickname I've had in a long time. :) :)

Haha... That's great! I remember my CB handle was baby face.

Maggie is my nickname as a child. My grandfather named me after his favorite dog.... She was a good dog. And 409 is a creepy number that appears everywhere in my husbands life. We can be flipping the TV and stop on a basketball game and there will be 4:09 left on the clock. We go into the dmv and get a ticket and it is 409. Driving down the road and look at the license plate in front of us and the last digits are 409. When we went to get our marriage license, it was issued at 4:09 pm and we were married on 4-09 and the pastor waited until 4:09 to start. Also when looking for a house to buy, the only one available in the rural school district we wanted was on county road 409... So that is where we live. And so many other examples. I think it's just creepy.

What a fun thread! Okay, the easy part is that my first name is Roger, or "Rog". The "ofUlm" part is from a Monty Python character named Johann Gambolputty, whose full name is: Johann Gambolputty-de-von-Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crass-cren-bon-fried-digger-dangle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelter-wasser-kurstlich-himble-eisen-bahnwagen-guten-abend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwürstel-gespurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-schönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittleraucher-von-Hautkopft of Ulm. (Try saying it out loud!) :blink:

My dad was the biggest Monty Python fan growing up. In the States it would show late in the evening on PBS and he would let all four of us kids stay up to watch it. I remember my mom constantly saying "this isn't appropriate for kids." And he would say "oh it's funny". I don't know what was better. The show or watching my dad nearly wet himself he would laugh so hard.

Maggie is my nickname as a child. My grandfather named me after his favorite dog.... She was a good dog. And 409 is a creepy number that appears everywhere in my husbands life. We can be flipping the TV and stop on a basketball game and there will be 4:09 left on the clock. We go into the dmv and get a ticket and it is 409. Driving down the road and look at the license plate in front of us and the last digits are 409. When we went to get our marriage license, it was issued at 4:09 pm and we were married on 4-09 and the pastor waited until 4:09 to start. Also when looking for a house to buy, the only one available in the rural school district we wanted was on county road 409... So that is where we live. And so many other examples. I think it's just creepy.

And yet, very cool too!!!

Minnie is what my granddaughter calls me. She is my heart. Part of the reason for surgery.

Mine was chosen long before I considered WLS. Oddly enough it fits perfectly for this website. The original intent was to have a name that reflected a humorous side of me on other forums I participated in when I left funny or anecdotal replies, my humorous droppings if you will, so I tacked my name onto the front half and now when I post my thoughts in a forum people can make sure not to step in the russdroppings. :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

Tried to come up with something clever and I like to use the "before and after" type phrases similar to wheel of fortune. VSG Man sounds kinda like a super hero and Man Vs food used to be one of my fav shows as my life had revolved around junk food for so many years. Now my Man Vs Food identity takes on a different meaning, my challenge will be resisting all of those bad foods that led me down this path. On a related note, I had to divorce myself from the food network. I wonder of there is an exercise network I can get addicted to lol.

HW: 329 lb
SW: TBD
CW: 313 lb
VSG, Dr. Jawad, Orlando, FL

That's crazy about divorcing the food Network. I have watched it every day since my surgery (9 days) and nothing sounds good. Thank god...I don't think I could get by without that darn channel.

[emoji1591]Angie

My husband used to say he was going to buy me one of every gemstone. I do have many, but my absolute, hands down favorite is my puppy, named Topaz. I think he knows, as he hasn't bought me gemstone jewelry since except a blue topaz :)

I will have to consider using my stripper name on other forums - great idea Mine would be Bubbles Lee

Random thought-
Maybe I should change mine to my "hooker" name.
Name of first pet: Tina
Name of first street I lived on: Smithfield
TinaSmithfield. Has a nice ring to it.

Hahahha! Mine would be Brandy Menzel. Hilarious.

I am a long time fan of Tolkien, and before I was married my online persona was always missbaggins. I over-identify with the hobbits, and have long considered myself a third-cousin twice-removed to the halflings. Short, round, rather obsessed with food and homely comforts. When I got married, of course I couldn't remain 'miss' anything, so I changed it up to MrsGamgee. The funny thing... if I had to say my husband was any sort of Tolkien creature, he would be an Ent (one of the tree-herders). :)

I am a long time fan of Tolkien, and before I was married my online persona was always missbaggins. I over-identify with the hobbits, and have long considered myself a third-cousin twice-removed to the halflings. Short, round, rather obsessed with food and homely comforts. When I got married, of course I couldn't remain 'miss' anything, so I changed it up to MrsGamgee. The funny thing... if I had to say my husband was any sort of Tolkien creature, he would be an Ent (one of the tree-herders).

Ha! my wife calls me a Hobbit, and I'm thinking about second Breakfast right now.

15 minutes ago, FlyFatA$$Fly said:

Ha! my wife calls me a Hobbit, and I'm thinking about second Breakfast right now.

I guess once I'm post op I'll be eating to a hobbit's schedule. Just not as much as they do. :)