Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seizure after Sleeve

Glad to hear you got a diagnosis and everything is in hand.

Must be a huge relief!

Here's hoping you have a lovely Christmas and a peaceful New Year :)

All the best,

Happy Camper,

Merry Christmas! Glad they have a diagnosis for you. Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.

Lynda

Happy Christmas. We are with you!

Thank you all for the support and wonderful thoughts.

Best to you all in your journey.

Just a little side note adding bananas, mushrooms, white Beans, spinach to your diet will boost your potassium a lot.
Personally all of them things feature several times a week in my diet I throw spinach in anything I possibly can love love love mushrooms so again I if I can I will put them in anything I can and bananas is the easiest fruit for me to eat so that’s a couple of times a week for me.

Sometimes a natural intake absorbs better than a supplement and all of them things are good for you too with other benefits so that’s a plus!
Hope all is well and no more seizures accrue.

Well friends, I was back on the boards trying to get reconnected to lose the last 30 lbs and then.... WHAM. Came home after hard day in the office last night, hubby had dinner prepared: brisket with rub slow cooked on BBQ for 5 hrs, like smoking. Beautiful green salad with avocado, cucumbers, green onion and 1/2 glass Merlot breathing for me. It was soooo nice. So, I grabbed the wine (had not had anything to drink in about 6 months), drank it in about 15-20 mins, then ate BTW, never drank a lot before surgery and even less now.

We finished dinner and I had about 1/4 c frozen Greek yogurt. Stared falling asleep watching TV about 9pm. Got up went to kitchen to get bottle of Water, asked my son to get it from the bottom drawer as I did not want to put my head down, thinking I was a little woozy from the wine still. Felt worse tried to get to kitchen chair to sit down, and the next thing I remember I am on the floor with my hubby in my face and son the phone with 911. Apparently,I had a grand maul seizure and my son caught me from hitting my face on the wooden kitchen tale. I ended up with a broken toe and was low on potassium and dehydrated (ER tests!).

Last year, Nov 7 just about same time at night I had leg cramps got up from bed to try to push my toes down because they cramped so bad, that I ended up passing out, stopped breathing. Ended up in ER at that time and guess what....low potassium and dehydrated (i think I posted last time too). So now, definitely last night was seizure, I had urine incontinence, eyes rolled back, tonic/clonic - I am thankful my hubby and son were there. Today, exhaustion and now I am not ale to drive until cleared by neurologist. My daughter did a google and asked me if others had seizures post weight loss surgery. So I began to look and there have been folks who had them after RNY. Hypoglycemic seizures, so not sure but I got a blood test kit and before eating I was at 119, after eating I was 109. Now going to gather stats until I go to neurologist.

Need to find out why. Why seizure, why low potassium when I take it daily for almost 2 years in liquid form, why dehydrated when I drink minimum of 96 oz of Water (crystal light tea flavoring). Anyone else had issues like this or know of anyone?

Thank you for reading, I had a complication after surgery some of you may recall, I had abscess needed second surgery and treatments for several months. Then last November the "passing out", which could have been a seizure but we did not recognize it. Now this grand maul confirmed seizure. I have to find out why.

I was diagnoses with tempral lobe seizure about 13 months post op sleeve. thank goodness just that. on gabapentin 800mg3/day via j tube, plus lamictal 2/per day oral. I am so sorry for your new diagnosis. I, too, cannot drive and my 21y/o has special needs and does not drive. I rely on my mom, dad and brother. working out the poor public transit we have in Marin Co, CA.My neurologist told me I can drive if I go 3 months without seizures..but I am not sure I should. I have MAJOR stress and with that along with being tired..sets off a series of short ones. I The longest set of me in/out was 28 minutes. After all of my major comlications, well, a series of unfortunate events. Keep posting - share your knowledge with us and take it easy. I know how disappointing this is for you.

Trish

taking medicine daily, i am a controlled epilepticabout 5 months PO, I had lost about 60 lbs

i had a seizure since i was taking too much meds for my new lighter self :huh:

neurologist knew i was having WLS - did't forsee any problem

meds were reduced thanx to WLS, and i have been seizure free these past months

i have lost 105 lbs, GOAL - and I'm a very happy camper too :lol:

kathy :)

happy camper

peaking at older posts and saw your post

wondering how you were doing???

little hijack update on my part............

per doc i couldn't drive for 6 months post surgery :angry:

but, understandable

driving all over doing this, that everything - being so happy

since losing 45 more lbs (total 105) meds were slightly reduced again

meds are necessary - no more reduction is possible - but the lower dosage is/was a wonderful unexpected NSV :)

great weight loss for you happy :)

keep up the good work :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy