Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm finally sleeved!

I was sleeved yesterday around 2 or 3 pm. My surgery was delayed due to an emergency My surgeon got called to do. I was pretty calm the whole time. My hospital offered aroma therapy and they had very soft music playing in the background so that helped calming my nerves. Woke up from surgery in a lot of pain, and excruciating pain in my chest from the gas. Was given pain meds and As soon as I was in my room I did some walking and that helped so much. I slept pretty well on my back. Today in the morning I woke up with minimal gas pain and very little incision pain. What is most annoying is the nausea and occasional headaches. Meds can take care of that. So for those of you worried about the pain levels, there's really not much that can't be taken away with pain meds. Walking is extremely important for the gas. I was given some broth, Jello, tea, Italian ice and Water for dinner. The broth tasted like food for the gods and so did the ice but I couldn't eat not even half of both. Slow sips are the trick. Now I'm in bed typing this and so happy that I found this site with so many wonderful people and inspirational stories and great advice. I thank you all. I gained four pounds since surgery after losing six on my 7 day preop diet. I'm not stressed though cause I know it's all the IV Fluid. Anyway, you all take care. It feels pretty awesome finally being on the losers bench! XO to all! ;)

Welcome to the club!!!! Much continued success!

Yay!! Thank you for posting this! I get sleeved on Monday 11/4. I am all of a sudden nervous that something may go wrong but I feel relieved whenever I see posts like yours! Sounds like you're doing great!!

Congrats! Ur doing well. I couldn't even see my cell phone keyboard to type the day after surgery, I was so gorked on medication. The only thing I got in the hospital was Protein shakes and bottles of Water. no broth, no Jello, no Italian ice. Ur lucky!

Good luck!

Congrats!!

So glad ur doing good..sounds like walking really does help w gas pains...my sleeve date is dec 17..im nervous ( :

All we got for the 2 days after surgery were ice chips & a couple popsicles! They even took the Water bottle away from down the hall so we couldn't get a drink there until 2 days after surgery. I think it was good though to rely on the IV fluids and not worry about drinking.

Congratulations Lemondrop!

I was sleeved yesterday around 2 or 3 pm. My surgery was delayed due to an emergency My surgeon got called to do. I was pretty calm the whole time. My hospital offered aroma therapy and they had very soft music playing in the background so that helped calming my nerves. Woke up from surgery in a lot of pain' date=' and excruciating pain in my chest from the gas. Was given pain meds and As soon as I was in my room I did some walking and that helped so much. I slept pretty well on my back. Today in the morning I woke up with minimal gas pain and very little incision pain. What is most annoying is the nausea and occasional headaches. Meds can take care of that. So for those of you worried about the pain levels, there's really not much that can't be taken away with pain meds. Walking is extremely important for the gas. I was given some broth, Jello, tea, Italian ice and Water for dinner. The broth tasted like food for the gods and so did the ice but I couldn't eat not even half of both. Slow sips are the trick. Now I'm in bed typing this and so happy that I found this site with so many wonderful people and inspirational stories and great advice. I thank you all. I gained four pounds since surgery after losing six on my 7 day preop diet. I'm not stressed though cause I know it's all the IV Fluid. Anyway, you all take care. It feels pretty awesome finally being on the losers bench! XO to all! ;)[/quote']

Wow after reading this i was able tto calm my nerves..but.now all im worried about is tht chest pain... i have serious anxiety issues that would make the situation worse.

So glad ur doing good..sounds like walking really does help w gas pains...my sleeve date is dec 17..im nervous ( :

Hey mines is december 14!!!! I finally found a dec sleever!!! Yayee...im nervous to but i think we will.be ok. Where are u having it done?

My sleeve is December 3rd!!!!! Sooooooooo excited!

Edited by Neicey721

My sleeve is December 3rd!!!!! Sooooooooo excited!

Good luck mama thats like so close...are u ready?

I'm as ready as I'll ever be! I def feel like this is the perfect opportunity in my life. I'm ready to be under 200lbs! Been over 200lbs since 6th grade.

I'm as ready as I'll ever be! I def feel like this is the perfect opportunity in my life. I'm ready to be under 200lbs! Been over 200lbs since 6th grade.

Yea girl i think i hit 200zz round 9th grade...n haven't seen 100zz since...ita been a long time coming girl but a change is gonna come!! I cant wait to feel like the other sleevers on here who.have so many good expierences

Congrats on your sleeve! I know you are super excited! I'm in Dayton, Oh so I'm getting it done here.