Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers ~~~ How's your weightloss going so far?

I was sleeved on October 18th, 2013 in Tijuana, MX. I returned to the States on October 22nd, 2013; I got on the scale the very next day and noticed I was 228. That was 6 pounds down since surgery; the strange thing to me is this I was eating very little (I still am), but the scale hadn't moved since October 23rd, 2013. NOT EVEN AN OZ!!!!. I just weighed myself right before doing this entry and my weight is 225 pounds; it took another 9 days before the scale moved. I don't know if I should be happy or sad; because I feel somewhat disappointed. How are things with most of you and yes I know some of you guys haven't been sleeved that long.

Have a great day.

What's happening to you is normal. Our bodies are shocked and hold on to Water after the glycogen is used up. Make sure to measure yourself or go by your clothes and how they fit. The scale can be discouraging. I haven't lost the way I had hoped, but the fact that I'm down 38 lbs total and dropped a whole size and about to drop another, I'm going to focus on that. For me this is about a new lifestyle. This is about taking care of me. The weight loss will come, so I don't obsess about it.

There are forums on here with links to explain what is happening. 2 week stall I think it's called. Best wishes!

I was sleeved the 9 th, I still can't get anything but liquids down, I take in maybe 300 gal a day and walk 4 miles a day, iv been stick at -27 for a few days, I think it just happens no matter what you are doing bc your body is in shock , my friends all tell me just give it a few days and ill drop 4-10 lbs almost over night once my body has a chance to get adjusted

I was sleeved October 24th, have lost 8 pounds so far. Everybody loses at a different rate, but if you're sticking to plan, making sure you're getting your Protein and Water in, I'm sure the scale will start moving.

I was sleeved 10/21. My pre op appointment on 10/17 I weighed 283, my post op appointment on 10/29 I was 273. My high starting weight ( As of 8/1) was 316lbs. But I am still trying to get all my fluids & Protein in daily.

10/21 down 14

10/15 down 26... Stopped losing 9 days ago, started doing cardio a few days ago and trying not to obsess!

Sleeved on 10/21. Hw 250, sw 246 day of surgery 236 t oday 226. I feel like in comparison to some it's coming off kind of slow but on the other hand I haven't been down in the 220's for YEARS! also I could be walking more. I haven't had any problems getting in Protein or Water and although I didn't have much pain (unless I was trying to get up) lol... I'm still pretty sore, mostly where the "indented" incision is. All in all it was 100 times easier than I thought it would be.

Sleeved on 10/21. Hw 250' date=' sw 246 day of surgery 236 t oday 226. I feel like in comparison to some it's coming off kind of slow but on the other hand I haven't been down in the 220's for YEARS! also I could be walking more. I haven't had any problems getting in Protein or Water and although I didn't have much pain (unless I was trying to get up) lol... I'm still pretty sore, mostly where the "indented" incision is. All in all it was 100 times easier than I thought it would be.[/quote'] great job. 10 pounds! You thought you would never lose!!

I know.. it's like I just woke up one morning and BAM! 2-3lbs down every day. Then BAM! it stopped. Lol... I'm due for another BAM! Moment!

Surgery on the 17th - down 14 pounds. It's been fairly steady at 1# a day.

I am not getting 64oz of fluids, but I am working up to it. Yesterday was the first day I hit 60g Protein. I am gagging on the Protein drinks, even the smell makes my stomach turn.

I get to add a few more foods today so I am hoping to get more Protein from real food and cut back on the Protein Drinks a bit.

Started my journey at high weight of 305lbs, surgery date 10/3, weight: 295, today: 281. Loving my sleevette!

Oct 15-down 14 lbs

Post op Dr visit today. Cleared to drive..yay...cleared for purees..yea.. came straight home, opened up a can of progresso lite beef pot roast Soup poured it in my blender added a sciup of plain Unjury blended it all together. .. after almost 4 weeks of Water and Protein Shakes it was the best two tbls of food ever!