Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your poison!

Alcohol has never played a big part in my life. Probably helped by the fact that I hate wine (don't stone me, please!) and that my driug of choice was food. So I haven't bothered to drink since being sleeved.

However, with the festive season looming, it might be nice to have a non-fizzy go-to drink. I am slightly apprehensive about drinking anything (heard the horror stories of how quickly you can get wrecked) but what's your experience of introducing alcohol to your sleeve? And what's your favourite tipple now? Thanks...

I do not drink anymore at 17 months (stopped about 8 months ago). However, when I was enjoying 1-2 drinks a month, I had long island for cocktails and Kendall Jackson for wine. Usually 1 drink was enough, but on occasion I would have 2. I stopped drinking for nutritional reasons and it just does not appeal any longer to me. If others want to enjoy the occasional drink, that is great.

With the change in the weather you can get away with warm drinks that have very little to no acohol in them and still be festive. I know that Eggface has an eggnog Protein Shake recipe, and you can have mulled cider. I personally do not care for the taste of alcohol except for mead, port, and this one rhine wine I had in Germany.

When you said what's your poison, i thought this was going to be a discussion of our drug of choice, food. Mine was and is grilled cheese. I have zero control around grilled cheese, fresh bread with butter, and chocolate.< /p>

I haven't drank since surgery however I went to a party a few days ago and the big cocktail of choice was Fireball. It is cinnamon flavored whiskey. You can sip it over ice.

Globetrotter, now thinking about grilled cheese - oh dear! Forgot about port, that might be nice.....

Erp, I am ashamed to admit it but despite being Scottish, whisky and I don't get on. Just a sniff goes straight to my head but Fireball sounds fab!

Skinnytini... Coconut Vodka, pineapple juice, agave nectar, shaken over ice served in glass rimmed with toasted coconut!!! My once in a great while indulgence! And of course one lasts all evening. Or Blood orange martini. I drink so very rarely. But seem to get drunk quite quickly, so I take it real slow and always drink ice Water at the same time.

I enjoy the odd glass of wine, port and my favourite indulgence cocktail.. Kir royale (but that has bubbles). A nice Christmas drink is martini Rossi with pomegranate juice and a top of ginger ale (not really fizzy because its so diluted)

So I didn't drink for the first year post-op. When I did finally drink it was a glass of wine and I *felt* it pretty quickly. Now 3 years later, I'm still a lightweight when it comes to drinking.

My favorite drink is a lemon drop martini. The place that I order it at makes them small, which is perfect. They do still hit quickly thought, so just be careful around alcohol.

That being said, I rarely drink at all. Actually the last drink I had was the lemon drop martini when out with one of my good friends back in August of this year. :)

I probably have 1-2 glasses of wine a month, but was recently introduced to fireball whiskey. I'm not a whiskey drinker either, but the cinnamon flavor is pretty pleasing, and is a nice flavor for fall.

I like martinis - lemon drop, cosmo are types of martinis that are delicious. They are basically straight alcohol and there fore best consumed very slowly..and you only have one. My friend makes a great martinis and on the rare occasion we have one, we share a single serving. Advantage is minimal highcarb mixer

I first discovered fireball a year ago - my gfriend introduced me. I hate whiskey, but fireball is all cinnamony and warm feeling. poured over alot of ice.. the ice melts... it becomes a whiskey Water the way we drink it. and again - no high carb mixer. haven't had one in ages, but I think when we do our monthly happy hour (which was disrupted by my going into training for plastic surgery and now recovery from Sept-Nov) it will probably be our Dec happy hour drink. again, we have one

My favorite summer drink for ourhappy hours is gin tonic. She orders vodka collins but I dont know what is in the collins mix.

I can never ever ever ever. ever, ever, ever ever. EVER EVER drink anything cinnamon flavored again, after an .... incident with Goldschlagger in college.

Never.

Ever.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Not in a rush to drink but now have some ideas of what I might try. Might try it at home first in case I get the instant tipsy thing and see how long it takes to go.

Am now a very cheap date - 1 drink and a starter sized portion of food and I'll be done :-))))))

I can never ever ever ever. ever' date=' ever, ever ever. EVER EVER drink anything cinnamon flavored again, after an .... incident with Goldschlagger in college. Never. Ever.[/quote']hilarious. Me too!!! Never ever ever ever!

I love a good mulled cider, with a splash of vodka, or Rum.

A nice spicy bloody mary always hits the spot, but my drink of choice has always been vodka cranberry with a splash of sprite, or a lime wedge.

We also drink vanilla vodka with ginger ale, it tastes like cream soda.

For the holidays my sisters always serve vanilla vodka with either 7up or sprite, the one they make in pomegranate.

You could also use baileys/khlaua in place of Creamer in coffee, or hot chocolate.< /p>