Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on 12-12-12.....Down 70lbs with pics

Glad U feel good...for some reason when when u start to excel & be happy about yourself...others envy that! Because i'm waiting to be approved by insurance all paper work got turn in last Thursday & i have friends telling me...why would u let someone cut on u...why would u get that done....i hear folks getting sick after that...u dont need that...i can already feel the negative talk & I haven't got approved yet:(. But stand firm & hold your head high- U look great.

Funny how I had pretty much the same response from friends and even my husband. I guess I will find out soon enough if they will remain my friends after my surgery. As for my husband, I think he is more nervous I am going to look like my sister who had the gastric bypass from 400 lbs to 140 lbs and she does not look well at all. A lot of sagging skin. So for him, I think he is scared I will look like that or so I hope that is his concern. Time will tell.

You look FABULOUS and seeing your pics is so inspirational. Congrats on your success!!!

Edited by ReEstDec2013

Beautiful!! If my figure looks at all like your figure by this time next year, I will be THRILLED! Your gorgeous picture gives me such hope.

Girl you are my new inspiration i weigh the same amount but in 5'0 and is sappose to be sleeved dec 14 i hope i dnt get no.lower than 168 to cuz i have seen alot of people get way smaller than.they expected.. what do u advise was it hard? The whole journey?thanx for.reading and.u.look wonderful!!!! Oh one more thing any excess skin?

AWWW thanks. as far as the journey itself, its actually been much easier than I thought it would be going into this. When I first started coming on this site there were a couple stories that nearly scared me out of the surgery. Remember that everyone's journey is their own and may differ in many ways. For me it was a walk in the park. right after surgery I would get this really bad acid reflux and it was terrible!!! It lasted about 2 months for me and now its gone.. and it never came back. Nothing nearly as bad as that to talk about. as far as excess skin, I don't have much at all and wont be needing any plastics. my tummy is not the best looking but its flat and doesn't hang over. Try using coco butter to moisturize your skin because it helps keep the skin tight (or whatever moisturizer u use) I don't wear any compression garments under my clothes but I will say I miss my bootie and boobies....lol..............I added a pic I took at work today. Good luck on your surgery and get over here on this losers bench:)

post-43203-13838396964737_thumb.jpeg

AWWW thanks. as far as the journey itself' date=' its actually been much easier than I thought it would be going into this. When I first started coming on this site there were a couple stories that nearly scared me out of the surgery. Remember that everyone's journey is their own and may differ in many ways. For me it was a walk in the park. right after surgery I would get this really bad acid reflux and it was terrible!!! It lasted about 2 months for me and now its gone.. and it never came back. Nothing nearly as bad as that to talk about. as far as excess skin, I don't have much at all and wont be needing any plastics. my tummy is not the best looking but its flat and doesn't hang over. Try using coco butter to moisturize your skin because it helps keep the skin tight (or whatever moisturizer u use) I don't wear any compression garments under my clothes but I will say I miss my bootie and boobies....lol..............I added a pic I took at work today. Good luck on your surgery and get over here on this losers bench:)[/quote']

Girl u look amazingg...i cnt wait one more month my pre-op diet begins dec1st then im sleeved dec14th....also how do u dwnload profile pix on here? I cnt seem to find the upload sec.

Funny how I had pretty much the same response from friends and even my husband. I guess I will find out soon enough if they will remain my friends after my surgery. As for my husband, I think he is more nervous I am going to look like my sister who had the gastric bypass from 400 lbs to 140 lbs and she does not look well at all. A lot of sagging skin. So for him, I think he is scared I will look like that or so I hope that is his concern. Time will tell.

You look FABULOUS and seeing your pics is so inspirational. Congrats on your success!!!

Thanks for all the advice...i appreciate it! Can't wait till i get my surgery date- just ensure your hubby you trying to live longer & be in good health. How much weight u trying to lose...well whats your goal plans?

Girl u look amazingg...i cnt wait one more month my pre-op diet begins dec1st then im sleeved dec14th....also how do u dwnload profile pix on here? I cnt seem to find the upload sec.

Thanks and I can't wait until you see how easy it can be. This is a great support site to keep you going and conversing with others who have gone through the same thing you have. To upload a pic you have to click on the paper clip icon when making a post. at least that's how I uploaded my pics

Gurl, you look really good. People warned me not to do it and I work in a hospital so we see problems. I prayed and am now 3wks post sleeve.

Thanks and I can't wait until you see how easy it can be. This is a great support site to keep you going and conversing with others who have gone through the same thing you have. To upload a pic you have to click on the paper clip icon when making a post. at least that's how I uploaded my pics

ohh thanks i finally figured out how to work it.... it'll be nice to keep in touch during this journey. ill def keep you posted.

You look SO Amazing and Happy!!! Congrats! Love your style, too :D

U look good girl! I had a lot of people trying to discourage me too, but my mind was made up and nobody negative comment could change that. I had my surgery sept 10 and I'm down a total of 49lbs and I feel great!

U look good girl! I had a lot of people trying to discourage me too' date=' but my mind was made up and nobody negative comment could change that. I had my surgery sept 10 and I'm down a total of 49lbs and I feel great![/quote']

I saw ya picx girl u look amazing 2!! How long did it take u to get there? How much did u loose pre-op?

I saw ya picx girl u look amazing 2!! How long did it take u to get there? How much did u loose pre-op?

I lost 20lbs pre op on my liquid diet. The rest just been dropping off. I did go through a stall for about 2 weeks though. Good luck to you and thank you! : )

I lost 20lbs pre op on my liquid diet. The rest just been dropping off. I did go through a stall for about 2 weeks though. Good luck to you and thank you! : )

Thanxxx

Good luck to u 2