Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello my fellow May 2013 sleevers!! How is everyone doing? How is the weight loss coming along? For my female sleevers, how is the Hair loss? I would like to share my progress so far. I started at 237 pounds, size 20 pants (snug), & 2X - 3X shirts at my first appt in Mar 2013. Surgery Day, which was May 8th I was 230 pounds. Today, Oct 30, 2013 I am at 175 pounds currently in a size 13 - 14 (loose fitting, I think I'm moving into a 11-12 really soon), and size Medium shirts comfortable fit. I've never been happier in my life!! Although I am a tad bit worried because I have noticed that I can eat a little more then when I first got sleeved. I panicked for a little bit, but then remembered I do keep track of what I eat and I exercise Mon - Sat so maybe that's why? I am, however, struggling with my hair loss. I use to have a head full of long, thick hair. Now I have barely have enough hair to put up a pony tail. It has fallen out in ridiculous amounts. I feel like I've gone through chemo hair loss. I have to wear hair extensions when I flat Iron it or curl it just because it looks weird to have such little hair. I can pull of the wet hair look by putting moose in it which helps it look like I have more hair, but you can still notice that its not very much. I just want it to stop falling out. What are some things you guys are doing for it? When will it stop? Well hope to hear from you all. Blessings to all.

~Sleeve Princess

Hello my fellow May 2013 sleevers!! How is everyone doing? How is the weight loss coming along? For my female sleevers, how is the hair loss? I would like to share my progress so far. I started at 237 pounds, size 20 pants (snug), & 2X - 3X shirts at my first appt in Mar 2013. Surgery Day, which was May 8th I was 230 pounds. Today, Oct 30, 2013 I am at 175 pounds currently in a size 13 - 14 (loose fitting, I think I'm moving into a 11-12 really soon), and size Medium shirts comfortable fit. I've never been happier in my life!! Although I am a tad bit worried because I have noticed that I can eat a little more then when I first got sleeved. I panicked for a little bit, but then remembered I do keep track of what I eat and I exercise Mon - Sat so maybe that's why? I am, however, struggling with my Hair loss. I use to have a head full of long, thick hair. Now I have barely have enough hair to put up a pony tail. It has fallen out in ridiculous amounts. I feel like I've gone through chemo hair loss. I have to wear hair extensions when I flat Iron it or curl it just because it looks weird to have such little hair. I can pull of the wet hair look by putting moose in it which helps it look like I have more hair, but you can still notice that its not very much. I just want it to stop falling out. What are some things you guys are doing for it? When will it stop? Well hope to hear from you all. Blessings to all.

~Sleeve Princess

I have not been on here in a while. I really liked the old site better. I was sleeved 5/13/13. Almost 1 year. I have noticed it is way to easy to eat the bad stuff compared to the good stuff. I have not reached my goal but I am not far from it. Only 25 to go. I started at a size 18 pants and 2 x tops. I am down to an 8/10 pants and a large - xlarge shirt (the girls did not shrink much). I really need to get better at eating and exercising. The hair loss is insane. I had thin hair to start with. My only option now is to pull it up in a messy bun. It looks to thin down.

I just made my one-year surgiversary and am not totally pleased with myself...I have basically been at a standstill since around December...I got on a bad eating track during the holidays--not so much the quantity of food but some sweets and carbs like bread...I've also not been able to get into a regular exercise routine and have an injured toe now and in a boot and supposed to stay off the foot...that has been for a month now and I've seen a few pounds creeping back :( I am resolved to get back on track even if it means going back to the Protein shakes and writing down everything I eat...I really thought that I would be close to my goal when I was one year out, so I am disappointed...still I do not regret having the surgery--a positive thing is that my type 2 diabetes is under very much better control--that makes me happy :) I wish everyone well and wish we would get some more May 2013 group responses...I also miss the old board format

Almost 2 years out. Where does everyone stand? Also, since I am not on here much amd just started reading through again recently, why can't you comment on posts? The app only let's me post on a couple of threads. Any ideas?