Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one that doesnt miss food/eating?

Here's another example. I took a client out for dinner tonight. The poor waiter must have come by three times and we still hadnt looked at the menu. Normally I might have looked at it before I went to the restaurant! Then he rattled off the specials. I so didn't care I didn't hear a word he said. I smiled and nodded but my head was elsewhere. My client insisted we try the Burrata. I love Burrata and this was very, very good Burrata. I ate half with a lot of enjoyment, he ate the rest. I ordered an appetizer for an entree (meat and cheese plate), I ate two slices of cheese, 1 salami and I proscuitto, and I was done with dinner.< /p>

Such. A. Relif.

I can't wait!!! Life will feel like life again. I May begin to like food again once it stops trynna control me...LOL!! No man nor morsel shall control me!!

I went "out to dinner" with my husband and son yesterday. Ordered a cup of chicken Soup and a side of mashed potatoes (about all I'm allowed from that menu, at this point.) Had the broth, and about 1/2 a cup of potatoes. They looked on in amazement; when I was completely done my plate/bowl were both still looking full. I couldn't watch them eat. They split a huge appetizer plate and my husband was scraping the bottom. That plate looked clean, LOL. I really am amazed that they can eat that much, and that I was eating like that 6 weeks ago sometimes.

I would say that my interest in food has gone down exponentially. I kind of hope that continues. I find that because I know I really can't have a lot, my desire to look at what's available is just not there.

So happy for everyone on this thread. I wish i was the same.

I.m there with you. I still crave food, not as bad...but sadly still do.

So happy for everyone on this thread. I wish i was the same.

I.m there with you. I still crave food, not as bad...but sadly still do.

Since I started this thread, I've had a few days where I craved something in particular. Last week I really wanted pizza which we used if have at least once a week (thin crust, veggie with half the cheese). I thought about how to do that within our guidelines and ended up making it with flatout bread. Very tasty--but it didn't fill me up like Protein does. I was hungry all day yesterday and went over my calories.

It's relatively easy to decide that the pizza will be a sometimes food. In the old days, I would have wanted it again today. But I hated the hungry, munchy feeling so much, and am in NO hurry to feel that way again today. It's going to be a meat and veggie day again and I can't wait to be in control of my hunger.

Nothing tastes as good as control over food. Nothing.

Funny that you say this. Since I have been allowed Cream of Wheat this week, I've noticed that while it tastes great to me, it throws off my Protein consumption for the day. Much easier (if less satisfying) to start with greek yogurt or a Protein shake, than to have to make up Protein the rest of the day.

I don't know yet about cravings/satiety. It's too early I think. But I'm surprised at how easy it is to throw things off with a half cup of Cereal.

Funny that you say this. Since I have been allowed Cream of Wheat this week, I've noticed that while it tastes great to me, it throws off my Protein consumption for the day. Much easier (if less satisfying) to start with greek yogurt or a Protein shake, than to have to make up protein the rest of the day. I don't know yet about cravings/satiety. It's too early I think. But I'm surprised at how easy it is to throw things off with a half cup of Cereal.< /p>

This is an ongoing learning for me. Carbs make me hungry. Even small amounts of them. The other day I was triggered from half a pear. I was ravenous the rest of the day. It doesn't seem rational because I often share a 100 calorie bag of popcorn with my husband and it doesn't trigger me. But fruit does. I'm starting to think its not just the carb content but also the sugar or potentially the GI of foods that I have to watch for.

But to your point, yesterday it wasn't the carb. It was the fact that the less-filling carb replaced the very filling protein and I wandered about like a foraging wolf all afternoon.

Once you have gained control over food to some extent, the loss of it is terrifying. It reminds you of the pre-op days, and I think most of us would do a lot to avoid that. So it motivates me to find and avoid bad patterns.

Interesting, when I have my planned so called "cheat" which for me happened to be pizza too(well and a donut) it takes me two days to get back my feeling of satiety and not feeling hungry or wanting more food. It amazes me what I have learned with the sleeve. I am going to think really hard before I have another cheat as I would rather feel great and satisfied with Protein than the temporary feeling with pizza. Who new!!

Since I started this thread, I've had a few days where I craved something in particular. Last week I really wanted pizza which we used if have at least once a week (thin crust, veggie with half the cheese). I thought about how to do that within our guidelines and ended up making it with flatout bread. Very tasty--but it didn't fill me up like protein does. I was hungry all day yesterday and went over my calories.

It's relatively easy to decide that the pizza will be a sometimes food. In the old days, I would have wanted it again today. But I hated the hungry, munchy feeling so much, and am in NO hurry to feel that way again today. It's going to be a meat and veggie day again and I can't wait to be in control of my hunger.

Nothing tastes as good as control over food. Nothing.

Right, and I have been trying to blunt the glycemic index a bit by adding butter, PB2, etc. It's just been a fascinating process. Last night when I ate out, those were relatively carb-y things but I was done with Protein for the day so it didn't seem to make a difference either way.

Interesting, when I have my planned so called "cheat" which for me happened to be pizza too(well and a donut) it takes me two days to get back my feeling of satiety and not feeling hungry or wanting more food. It amazes me what I have learned with the sleeve. I am going to think really hard before I have another cheat as I would rather feel great and satisfied with Protein than the temporary feeling with pizza. Who new!!

Don't you wonder how our lives might have been different if we'd been aware of these patterns before we got sleeved? I really wish we'd had the opportunity to learn these things, to reduce our reliance on carbs, to not feel so hungry all the time before that we could have stopped to listen to our bodies.

If it's a choice between the sleeve and the knowledge we now have, I sometimes wonder which I'd pick. and I say this despite totally loving my sleeve.

I think this was one of the biggest advantages that the pre-op diet did for me. I really learned that I don't need all that food that I had thought I was "starving to get" before I had surgery.

Now I am only a into full liquids post op and I still have no interest in cheating or eating things I shouldn't. I completely plan to one day eat things and live "normal" and have "splurges" on special occassions but for the most part I am very excited about enjoying healthy versions of food in small amounts and knowing I will be full and satisfied.

One of my biggest struggles was thinking about food. Thinking about what to shop for, thinking about what to cook, thinking about cooking, thinking about where to eat out.....I spent so many hours focused on meal after meal that food consumed my life. I decided I wanted to transition my family into healthy cooking without putting them on a diet (they don't need it). I found a program called www.emeals.com It has been great. Each Wednesday they send me a menu (my family has really liked all the recipes) with shopping list. I clip coupons on Thursday. On Friday I shop and hang the new menu. Now whoever is cooking (mainly me but on occassion one of the teens or hubby) knows exactly what to cook, we know all the ingredients are in the house. There is no "focusing" on food.

For me, it's about the discipline the sleeve has add to my eating. I was a lazy eater in the sense that I didn't eat Breakfast never made time), could forget to eat lunch then I would fill up with anything that was to hand. Lot of the time it was good food (I eat out a lot) but there was also a lot of evening grazing, usually rubbish. Pre op chat with nurse showed that I wasn't actually eating enough food to lose weight, which is apparently the curse of many middle aged women.

Since the op, I eat Breakfast every morning, I make time to eat as I feel I need to respect my sleeve. I eat a proper lunch (favourite is chicken Caesar salad, made by my local shop where they give me a portion size I can eat without waste), I have cheese strings in the office for Snacks and when I get home, I eat food that I make myself (or that I have prepared the night before).

Food isn't the focus of my life any more, although I enjoy what I eat, and I am heading for 7 months out, with 92% of my excess weight gone. I get the odd craving but now think about how to satisfy it rather than deny it or indulge it immediately. For example, I adore French fries from our local chip shop (it's a British thing) with salt, vinegar and sauce. Havent eaten them in months but took a craving so I bought a portion, took it home, took out 4 thick fries, threw the rest immediately in the bin. Sat down and ate them slowly - and savoured every mouthful. Did I need them - no but it satisfied the craving and that was it. I want to live in the real world and I want to deal with my food addiction in a positive way. I know it's not how everyone might deal with it but it works for me knowing that nothing is banned...

Strangely enough, not needing permission to eat actually makes it less likely that I will. And I know my sleeve has my back because even if I have a cookie, I can only eat one not the packet!!!

I don't miss eating or food because I still enjoy both - but doing it with control is a fantastic new feeling I hope is permanent.

I think this was one of the biggest advantages that the pre-op diet did for me. I really learned that I don't need all that food that I had thought I was "starving to get" before I had surgery.

Now I am only a into full liquids post op and I still have no interest in cheating or eating things I shouldn't. I completely plan to one day eat things and live "normal" and have "splurges" on special occassions but for the most part I am very excited about enjoying healthy versions of food in small amounts and knowing I will be full and satisfied.

One of my biggest struggles was thinking about food. Thinking about what to shop for, thinking about what to cook, thinking about cooking, thinking about where to eat out.....I spent so many hours focused on meal after meal that food consumed my life. I decided I wanted to transition my family into healthy cooking without putting them on a diet (they don't need it). I found a program called www.emeals.com It has been great. Each Wednesday they send me a menu (my family has really liked all the recipes) with shopping list. I clip coupons on Thursday. On Friday I shop and hang the new menu. Now whoever is cooking (mainly me but on occassion one of the teens or hubby) knows exactly what to cook, we know all the ingredients are in the house. There is no "focusing" on food.

I found a program called www.emeals.com It has been great. Each Wednesday they send me a menu (my family has really liked all the recipes) with shopping list. I clip coupons on Thursday. On Friday I shop and hang the new menu. Now whoever is cooking (mainly me but on occassion one of the teens or hubby) knows exactly what to cook, we know all the ingredients are in the house. There is no "focusing" on food.

wow, I'm loving emeals.com! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing that.

I'm no food cravenness lady anymore either. It has a freeing feeling to not sit and consume a double whopper large fries a large drink and something sweet. I have stopped at fast food for my sister and son twice in these 3 months and never craved a fry. I was so proud. I still think about food but in such a different manner now. But I do not miss eating its not been hard at all for me to say no to something like an old favorite. Sweets are on my mind from time to time but it passes so quick I don't have time to decide what sweet I want. I think about cake most of those times but the thought of eating it doesn't compute. Its a beautiful feeling and one I had hoped for with my sleeve! Great thread GG once again!!

I don't miss eating or food because I still enjoy both - but doing it with control is a fantastic new feeling I hope is permanent.

As far along as you are, it gives me to hope to see that this feeling may last.