Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one that doesnt miss food/eating?

I love not needing or wanting food, I don't want to eat pizza , candy, fries, subway, soda, Mexican, and all that stuff ever again, that's why I got so big in the 1st place. And yes I know years down the road I will be able to eat all that ( just not as much) but by then I hope and pray having the sleeve as this tool will help me stay away from them.

I feel the same way. The other day they had pizza at work and I had no desire for it at all.

I feel the same way. The other day they had pizza at work and I had no desire for it at all.

We had fellowship dinner a few Sundays ago and I was not eating ( I can't eat anything not even puréed I'm having issues) and the little old ladies just could not understand why I was not hungry, why I was not eating, it blew them away I could just sit talk and enjoy the fellowship and not eat lol

We had fellowship dinner a few Sundays ago and I was not eating ( I can't eat anything not even puréed I'm having issues) and the little old ladies just could not understand why I was not hungry' date=' why I was not eating, it blew them away I could just sit talk and enjoy the fellowship and not eat lol[/quote']

I also don't miss food! Eat to live now......sherry

So happy for everyone on this thread. I wish i was the same.

This is true of me too! Used to be my husband and I could waste 30 minutes wondering where to go for dinner or what to make because I'd keep changing my mind. It used to drive him insane! Now, I'm like, why waste time thinking about it? I'm going to eat 2 ounces of whatever and be full anyway. I'm a lot easier to please now :)

Oh yes, my husband and I joke all the time about how things will change. He says I will now be a cheap date since I will eat less of my meal then I won't desire desert. Then with shopping how my clothes will then be normal sized which means we don't have to pay extra $$$ for the 2x clothes. Also how I plan to make fun workouts my hobby instead of shopping...he's completely elated by this...lol.

Looking forward to all this change and for him best of all is I will finally move back to his hometown in California, which was never an option at 280lbs...all that sun, heat, beaches and skinny people would've driven me nuts..lmao, but now...it's in the plans 6 months after I meet my personal goals!! God is GOOD!!

Oh yes' date=' my husband and I joke all the time about how things will change. He says I will now be a cheap date since I will eat less of my meal then I won't desire desert. Then with shopping how my clothes will then be normal sized which means we don't have to pay extra for the 2x clothes. Also how I plan to make fun workouts my hobby instead of shopping...he's completely elated by this...lol. Looking forward to all this change and for him best of all is I will finally move back to his hometown in California, which was never an option at 280lbs...all that sun, heat, beaches and skinny people would've driven me nuts..lmao, but now...it's in the plans 6 months after I meet my personal goals!! God is GOOD!![/quote']

Thats fantastic! I hope your husband doesn't realize for a long long time how every piece of clothing you now own, plus maybe half your shoes you own will need to be replaced :P hide that from him for as long as you can :D

I really LIKE that I can go out to restaurants and focus on friendship, camaraderie and conversation and not worry about the food.

I really enjoy the feeling that I am in control, rather than feeling the food controls me.

I love these two things you said in your post! I do crave food still but I love the control that I have now. I enjoy what I can eat and I try to make the best out of each meal since I can't eat huge quantities. When I go out with friends or family, I'm no longer in such a rush to get my food and to drink as much as possible. I like to sit back and really think about what I can or want to eat. When the food arrives, I like to take my time. I will eat even slower than usual and I just enjoy the experience so much more than in the past. When I think back to how much I could eat and how full and uncomfortable I felt after eating out, I just can't believe how different it is now! And, I LOVE that I save so much $ on food and eating out!

Edited by RoxFC

AS I sat the other day,in the car on a road trip, and watched my 6 foot tall girlfriend eat a basket of popeyes chicken, biscuit,and fries, I was really amazed at my changed feelings for food. I was grossed out by the huge amount she consumed. I watched her chew her way through onion rings fries and a double cheeseburger, and wanted to gag. I actually ate less after seeing her eat. What a refreashing change in attitude as before we would each get a large fry, eat onion rings and finish with a milkshake. Now it makes me feel sick, just to watch her. I hope this continues. I must confess I tried 2 satisfries at BK did not want more. Nice but not needed.

I love these two things you said in your post! I do crave food still but I love the control that I have now. I enjoy what I can eat and I try to make the best out of each meal since I can't eat huge quantities. When I go out with friends or family, I'm no longer in such a rush to get my food and to drink as much as possible. I like to sit back and really think about what I can or want to eat. When the food arrives, I like to take my time. I will eat even slower than usual and I just enjoy the experience so much more than in the past. When I think back to how much I could eat and how full and uncomfortable I felt after eating out, I just can't believe how different it is now! And, I LOVE that I save so much $ on food and eating out!

Yes, that is true, it's good to just enjoy the conversation and the company. I would usually sit down and grab the menu in the same instance. Then count the minutes until the food arrives. I would drink so much I could only eat half my food anyway and then eat so quickly that I would be done and asking for a to go bag before anyone else even made a dent in their plate....

I'm so looking forward to these changes and as I can see, the complications experienced are truly patient specific but still always outweighed by the successes I've heard.

Yes, that is true, it's good to just enjoy the conversation and the company. I would usually sit down and grab the menu in the same instance. Then count the minutes until the food arrives. I would drink so much I could only eat half my food anyway and then eat so quickly that I would be done and asking for a to go bag before anyone else even made a dent in their plate....

I'm so looking forward to these changes and as I can see, the complications experienced are truly patient specific but still always outweighed by the successes I've heard.

It is so worth it! It's difficult at first and takes a lot of time to adjust...I'm still adjusting after 3 months. But, I would do it all over again!

I'm not QUITE free, but Im getting so close! Im still having occasional cravings, and have given in at times. The huge difference for me, eating has become a chore mostly. Im not excited to eat like I was Pre surgery. I don't go to bed thinking about what I'll eat for Breakfast tomorrow. I have absolutely NO problem in stopping when I feel that satisfied feeling. Even if I didn't get to whatever starch/carb on my plate, it can sit there untouched.

My family went out to eat recently. The husband and son got an appetizer, salads, plus their meals. I took one bite if the cheese stick and realized I did it out of habit, not hunger. I immediately gave the stick to my son. I sat there and looked at all the food and laughed at how I used to think that table full of food was great. Now, it almost turns my stomach. Im loving my restrictive sleeve :)

IM not missing it much...at first I cried but now it even hard want To go get groceries... I just ate lunch...sitting here feeling kinda icky...better to skip it...afraid though of that getting worse....I didn't do this to get super skinny....just healthy

I am so thankful that food doesn't control me anymore. I'm in control of me now!

Here's another example. I took a client out for dinner tonight. The poor waiter must have come by three times and we still hadnt looked at the menu. Normally I might have looked at it before I went to the restaurant! Then he rattled off the specials. I so didn't care I didn't hear a word he said. I smiled and nodded but my head was elsewhere. My client insisted we try the Burrata. I love Burrata and this was very, very good Burrata. I ate half with a lot of enjoyment, he ate the rest. I ordered an appetizer for an entree (meat and cheese plate), I ate two slices of cheese, 1 salami and I proscuitto, and I was done with dinner.

Such. A. Relif.