Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so I am really struggling I am around a lot of junk food... So i have start back eating chips and cookies.... I feel like I am always hungry... I just moved up to a half a cup how do i get out the cravings and not thinking about eating junk food this has been the hardest for me... its starting to stress me out cause I feel like I cant get my lil bit of weight off... how do people just eat there three meals and two Snacks and be done... Please help me!!! I was so good at it but now that I am almost 8 months out and now I'm ready to eat but I still can't eat a lot... is that normal ... I am trying to get ahold of my dietitian to see what else can be done.. food is always on my mind...

Refined sugar is not a natural substance for our bodies to ingest. So when we eat it it becomes an addiction like drugs. The more we eat of it the more we want it and are less satisfied with complex carbs.

If you want to get the rest off and you find you are eating the wrong Snacks you may think about detoxing yourself again...That means no sugar and you will feel withdrawal..It will be uncomfortable for sure...

Removing the sugar from your house or other tempting Snacks helps a lot.....Some people don't have a problem with sweets or junk food...If you do that is your nemesis....

Switch your snacks to nuts and fruit 1/4 of a cup...Get the Protein in first at meals...It will start to settle down I promise...You will be back on the journey in no time..

Remember that this is a journey not a sprint.....

Turn your love for food into a goal of only eating the very best of anything..read labels and count protein..It can get as challenging as giving up sugar....But so worth it! You can do this...Today is a new day and it is yours for the taking..... :)

You are at a very important time. You can't eat a lot, but you can eat OFTEN (and if it's slider foods it will equal A LOT). Consider going back to basics. A liquid diet for a week. Some swear by 5:2. When you start earing these junk foods, they build on you and you Must Have More! You may (like me) be an addict who cannot have any!!!

Oh best of luck.

Refined sugar is not a natural substance for our bodies to ingest. So when we eat it it becomes an addiction like drugs. The more we eat of it the more we want it and are less satisfied with complex carbs.

If you want to get the rest off and you find you are eating the wrong Snacks you may think about detoxing yourself again...That means no sugar and you will feel withdrawal..It will be uncomfortable for sure...

Removing the sugar from your house or other tempting Snacks helps a lot.....Some people don't have a problem with sweets or junk food...If you do that is your nemesis....

Switch your snacks to nuts and fruit 1/4 of a cup...Get the Protein in first at meals...It will start to settle down I promise...You will be back on the journey in no time..

Turn your love for food into a goal of only eating the very best of anything..read labels and count protein..It can get as challenging as giving up sugar....But so worth it! You can do this...Today is a new day and it is yours for the taking..... :)

I never thought of doing a detox but how would i do that? how u ever been like this it kinded scares me

You are at a very important time. You can't eat a lot' date=' but you can eat OFTEN (and if it's slider foods it will equal A LOT). Consider going back to basics. A liquid diet for a week. Some swear by 5:2. When you start earing these junk foods, they build on you and you Must Have More! You may (like me) be an addict who cannot have any!!!

Oh best of luck.[/quote']

Thank u i never thought about doing a liquid diet have u been like this

Im suppose to.be at a half a cup

If you had a pre op diet, that was kind of a detox of refined sugars and carbs. If you didn't have a pre op diet PM me I will send you a copy of mine.

Thank u i never thought about doing a liquid diet have u been like this

Your MD may be able to prescribe two weeks of Optifast (or something similar). Please keep us advised!!

I have posted this elsewhere but want to share it with you just incase it applies to your troubles. If you have ever had allergies with post nasal drip, be sure to take your antihistamines. At ~1 1/2 months post surgery, I got ravenously "hungry". I could not get full and wanted to eat all day long. Turns out it was only that I had a tummy full of drip (sorry that is pretty gross) that my stomach was grinding on. As soon as I treated my allergies the "hunger" went away.

I suspect this is not your problem but it is such a simple solution if it might be. Why not try it?

Yes, refined sugars and simple carbs are the devil in disguise! If you can detox yourself from them it will help a great deal. Try replacing some of them with maybe fruit, I love honey crisp apples, they are sweet, and so full of Fiber that it fill you up. I will dip them in yogurt. Also, for crunchy, try roasted edamame. They are full of Protein and give you a sense of being full.

Good luck, you can do it!

Im suppose to.be at a half a cup

I said Snacks..1/4 cup..not meals...lol

You can go back to liquids but it's also possible to revisit those early month eating habits. Make a diet plan first thing in the morning. Log all your food so you know what you'll eat for your meals and Snacks that day. And stick to it. Go heavy Protein. Start adding in a shake - find one you like, because with enough work there really is one you like. It took me forever but I found what I like after many failed attempts!

When you get hungry, be sure you're really hungry. Distract yourself. Drink Water. As a last resort, eat a fibrous veggie or Protein snack like a hard boiled egg or Jerky.

This is the real deal here, what you're struggling with right now. You aren't alone. Many of us are food addicts. We have poor habits that we've reinforced for most of our lives. A few months (or even years!) of new habits doesn't break the old, as much as I'd like to say it does.

This is something you will likely face more than once because maintenance is forever. So tackle it head on. Take the food demons on, take control of your diet and move forward towards your goal.

While going to liquids will help, I think that it will be exceptionally difficult and discouraging, and that once you do fall off of it the feeling of deprivation will make you binge again.

So for this week, log those foods. Protein, protein, protein. For this week, don't worry about calories. Worry about the quality of your food choices. Shave calories back down once the carb monster is off your back. And once that little beastie is quiet, move on to controlling your desire to eat more than you should, or to eat emotionally. If I eat 1,000 calories in a day, I can't just eat three meals or I'll feel deprived. I break it up so that I get to eat as many as six times a day, even if one of those meals is a Protein Shake. Make it so you eat so frequently there's no room for the desire to eat things off your plan.

You can do this. I've detoxed a few times. So many of us have! Every single vet I know has had to do it at least once!

~Cheri

Edited by clk

Cheri, you are so right sugar monster has kick my butt also bad carb trying to get back on track again.I know what to do but my head is over taking me I'm going to start a new day wish me luck thanks for y'all post this what I need today!

You can go back to liquids but it's also possible to revisit those early month eating habits. Make a diet plan first thing in the morning. Log all your food so you know what you'll eat for your meals and Snacks that day. And stick to it. Go heavy Protein. Start adding in a shake - find one you like' date=' because with enough work there really is one you like. It took me forever but I found what I like after many failed attempts!

When you get hungry, be sure you're really hungry. Distract yourself. Drink Water. As a last resort, eat a fibrous veggie or Protein snack like a hard boiled egg or Jerky.< /p>

This is the real deal here, what you're struggling with right now. You aren't alone. Many of us are food addicts. We have poor habits that we've reinforced for most of our lives. A few months (or even years!) of new habits doesn't break the old, as much as I'd like to say it does.

This is something you will likely face more than once because maintenance is forever. So tackle it head on. Take the food demons on, take control of your diet and move forward towards your goal.

While going to liquids will help, I think that it will be exceptionally difficult and discouraging, and that once you do fall off of it the feeling of deprivation will make you binge again.

So for this week, log those foods. Protein, protein, protein. For this week, don't worry about calories. Worry about the quality of your food choices. Shave calories back down once the carb monster is off your back. And once that little beastie is quiet, move on to controlling your desire to eat more than you should, or to eat emotionally. If I eat 1,000 calories in a day, I can't just eat three meals or I'll feel deprived. I break it up so that I get to eat as many as six times a day, even if one of those meals is a Protein Shake. Make it so you eat so frequently there's no room for the desire to eat things off your plan.

You can do this. I've detoxed a few times. So many of us have! Every single vet I know has had to do it at least once!

~Cheri[/quote']

Yes that helped me out im going to see about a detox but i didnt do a strict diet before my surgery... Like a detox.. so I'm not for sure how to do it

so I am really struggling I am around a lot of junk food... So i have start back eating chips and Cookies.... I feel like I am always hungry... I just moved up to a half a cup how do i get out the cravings and not thinking about eating junk food this has been the hardest for me... its starting to stress me out cause I feel like I cant get my lil bit of weight off... how do people just eat there three meals and two Snacks and be done... Please help me!!! I was so good at it but now that I am almost 8 months out and now I'm ready to eat but I still can't eat a lot... is that normal ... I am trying to get ahold of my dietitian to see what else can be done.. food is always on my mind...

I have also been struggling- I just confessed on the confession thread a few days ago- it actually has helped me! I realized something had triggered my regression. It was a multitude of very emotional things over the month of June. I didn't realize that I wasn't handling things well and everything wasn't bad stuff.... I have decided to forgive myself first- and take one day at a time! Today try to avoid the junk food, make sure you get your Protein and Water in! Just focus on one day- I am on my second day of trying to just avoid the junk food and I am happy that I did it yesterday! Stay in touch! We need each other!