Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Medical professionals sleeved

How long did you stay out of work? I am a nurses assistant. I need to know how much time I need to take to heal. How was your first day of work when you came back. I work all over the hospital that I work in so I can't predict the amount of lifting/ moving/extending I would have to do everyday. I typicall work 64 hours every 2 weeks.

My surgeon made me take 6 weeks. I went on short term disability. I only work in optometry but its a very busy office. But also I commute and the chance of blood clots was much too high so she made me take 6 weeks that ended up 8 weeks. Because of a kidney infection and kidney stones.

But I'd take as much time as your surgeon feels is necessary

My surgeon made me take 6 weeks. I went on short term disability. I only work in optometry but its a very busy office. But also I commute and the chance of blood clots was much too high so she made me take 6 weeks that ended up 8 weeks. Because of a kidney infection and kidney stones.

I'm a medical clerical assistant...at the desk all the time & if i'm approved i'm taking 2 weeks off work! I'm waiting on insurance approval- fingers crossed!

Thats nice u got that much time...i work with 2 other co-workers & they was off 2 weeks. The dr. i see only give u 3 weeks off but if u okay in 2 weeks he send u back to work...

I am in the process of getting a revision from the lap band. I had 4 weeks off then but I thought that was too long then. I was feeling much better at about 2 weeks. I stopped taking the pain meds after about a week, I was in very minor pain by then. I don't think I can last 4 weeks staying home.

I am in the process of getting a revision from the lap band. I had 4 weeks off then but I thought that was too long then. I was feeling much better at about 2 weeks. I stopped taking the pain meds after about a week, I was in very minor pain by then. I don't think I can last 4 weeks staying home.

Auri...whats your weight & how much u trying to lose?

I didn't need the pain meds ever. My commute to work is between 1 hour and 20 minutes and 2 hours if there is major traffic, my commute home is between 1 and half hours to 3 hours depending on the day of the week and traffic. And my surgeon said the risk of blood clots sitting in that position that long is too high. She was very strict on my not driving till 6 weeks out... Not being in a car or same position for more than 30 minutes at a time unless I was sleeping.< /p>

I didn't need the pain meds ever. My commute to work is between 1 hour and 20 minutes and 2 hours if there is major traffic, my commute home is between 1 and half hours to 3 hours depending on the day of the week and traffic. And my surgeon said the risk of blood clots sitting in that position that long is too high. She was very strict on my not driving till 6 weeks out... Not being in a car or same position for more than 30 minutes at a time unless I was sleeping.< /p>

Oh ok...I understand. I just pray to get approved...this waiting its driving me crazy!!! lol

My weight is 234-236 depending on the day. I believe my band slipped since I really can't get meats and most veggies in without feeling stuck and or vomit. I have grown tired of feeling this way. Really sad since I really don't actually eat much but having to eat more carbs because they go down easier. Ohh and liquids like Soup. If its too chunky that doesn't work well either. I would have been rolling about a month ahead of now but my last surgeon hasn't released my records, so I have to go get them. The waiting really sucks since my insurance has no required 6 month recorded diet or anything like that.

I didn't need the pain meds ever. My commute to work is between 1 hour and 20 minutes and 2 hours if there is major traffic, my commute home is between 1 and half hours to 3 hours depending on the day of the week and traffic. And my surgeon said the risk of blood clots sitting in that position that long is too high. She was very strict on my not driving till 6 weeks out... Not being in a car or same position for more than 30 minutes at a time unless I was sleeping.

My commute is really short since I live down the block from work. The only time I might be sitting is when I'm in a room watching confused patients. Otherwise Iam pretty much on my feet for 8 hours.

My weight is 234-236 depending on the day. I believe my band slipped since I really can't get meats and most veggies in without feeling stuck and or vomit. I have grown tired of feeling this way. Really sad since I really don't actually eat much but having to eat more carbs because they go down easier. Ohh and liquids like Soup. If its too chunky that doesn't work well either. I would have been rolling about a month ahead of now but my last surgeon hasn't released my records, so I have to go get them. The waiting really sucks since my insurance has no required 6 month recorded diet or anything like that.

Sorry U going threw that.....i hear alot of folks with the band throw-up alot...that has to be tough. Hopefully you'll be sleeve soon & get past that!

I am a nurse and do a lot of lifting/bending and moving. I took 4 weeks off and I feel like I definitely needed that time. :-)

I am an R.N. and took 6 weeks off and I do lift patients at work. Once I went back the physical therapist had to clear me for lifting and the staff was nice to take it easy on me the first couple weeks. If you can take it off do it.

Thanks for the responses. It is definately helping me know when I should schedule the surgery once I get approval.

If you have a sedentary job, take at least 2 weeks off because you will be extremely tired after the surgery and it will take a little time to get your energy back, plus you will be adjusting to your new routine of eating and preparing your meals. If you have a job that requires any lifting at all, I would suggest you speak with your doctor because you are having a major surgery and you don't want to stress any part of your body by risking a leak or suture rupture...especially on the inside!!! It could be life threatening.