Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here's a crazy question...

Ewe...mouth or vagina..this is disgusting. Mine came out through the belly button and this is where I hear most are. I have 4 tiny incisions, then a big one in my belly button which you cannot see.

Thank you everyone for letting me know that the through the mouth grossness is not the norm! lol I definitely spend too much time on the internet:)

The procedures I've watched on Youtube the surgeon used the larger of the abdominal incisions to pull the stomach through. I think that's still the typical method, though I'm aware of the type of situation you are referring to. Some surgeons are looking for ways to do laperscopic surgery 'incision free' through the mouth or vagina. Some Currently do single incision through the naval as well.

Hi ThickNThin, my surgeon is Dr. Boynton, in the same office as Dr. Neff:)

I'm not sure they can use the mouth' date=' since there is an intubation tube in there right?[/quote']

Technically they could, since the breathing tube is in the trachea and the stomach would come up through the esophagus. They would just have to be sure the breathing tube is well secured. :) yucky.

My surgeon removed the excess stomach through the upper part of my abdomen. It was the longest incision. It bruised the most, but I really did not have a lot of pain. I am glad I had the surgery and feel so much better. I can actually walk for a long time without having knee or back pain.

I'm not sure they can use the mouth, since there is an intubation tube in there right?

Good point!

They also took mine out the same incision they took my lapand out (right side). It was also the 1 of the 5 incision that looked like a black and blue Frankenstein.

Mine came out through a crescent shaped scar above my belly button.

As I look at the area, I believe I see a resemblance to a celebrity:

post-20464-13838396857122_thumb.png

It just occurred to me this morning that if they are removing a large portion of your stomach, and the surgery is done via laparoscopic surgery (small incisions) how is the excessed stomach removed from the body? I just read an article that says it's removed through your mouth, is this true???

My doctor removed my excess stomach through a lower left incision that was slightly larger than the others. Then he put a drainage tube into the incision and it was removed the second day post op. That incision healed up faster than the others and didn't leave a scar.

If they are able to get your excised stomach into your reproductive system and pull it through your vagina, that would be a whole different type of surgery!! I would like to meet the surgeon doing that procedure!!! :D

P.S. If you think about it, in order for them to be able to pull the excised stomach up through the esophagus they would have to leave your sleeved stomach open, which we know they don't do- they close with a staple gun-like instrument as they go, so that isn't even possible. Does anyone know of any surgeons that do open procedures?

{)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

Edited by back2barb78

Hopefully the link goes through :)

Thank you everyone for letting me know that the through the mouth grossness is not the norm! lol I definitely spend too much time on the internet:)

Check out several videos on Youtube....Youtube tends to help me out ALOT!!! I love this page too- I'm sitting back waiting on approval. How far have U gotten with your progess?

Hi ThickNThin, my surgeon is Dr. Boynton, in the same office as Dr. Neff:)

Howdy! I'm gonna PM you!

If they are able to get your excised stomach into your reproductive system and pull it through your vagina, that would be a whole different type of surgery!! I would like to meet the surgeon doing that procedure!!! :D

It seems real. Perhaps we shall file this under "just because you can doesn't mean you should. I don't get the logistics. I imagine they are making in incision in the vaginal wall but I don't really know.