Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this may start a riot.

C'mon. You titled your thread, "This may start a riot"...

That just screams provocation. I'm not throwing the book or getting mad... Just keeping it real.

You were poking the lion(s) with a stick and now you're shocked some of the lion(s) swiped at you? I think that is kind of silly.

I guess I was one of the lions. I am so passionate about this surgery it is unbelievable..I have had to struggle for success every inch of the journey...

I did misunderstand what you wrote and apologize for my quick and tactless reply...Every Doctor is different and even mine has said things that I have never read on this forum...

It brings tears to my eyes as I listen to all the progress folks are making on here and the pain disappearing from their souls and I try very hard not to jump the gun and say the first thing that pops in my mind...This time that did not happen and I am sorry..

don't give up on posting, this is a marvelous tool that you can learn from and laugh with those who are experiencing funny things or cry with those who are who are struggling...that is the most important reason why this forum is here...

It is here to benefit me and you and anyone else who has an opinion or a story to tell.....That all said...It is not like me to be a lion...i am not happy with my reply and so sorry that if it is me that stops you from being here then that would be just awful...As my opinion is just that an opinion.... :(

I was in no way bragging. I am all in all a little confusconfused by some of what you guys are saying. I was just putting out there what my dr thinks and the approach I am taking. No bad was to come of it. I just know that one person has a different view than the norm you get the book thrown at you and people get mad.

I am all for everyone doing what they want. I don't need or want anyone's permission to lead my life the way I want.

I will refrain from posting. Guess I will just read...

Cindy I think there was nothing wrong with what your doctor said and sharing that. I actually appreciated that. I think honestly? Where you got some people feeling badly? was by saying you used to come to the forum a lot but now you don't because of all the misinformation. For those of us who spend time here trying to help others, that was a little slap in the face.

You may not have meant it that way of course, but I suspect many of us interpreted it that way.

But it's all good and I too hope you don't stop posting :)

She is right though- some people make some dumb ass comments and silly statements/questions on here- I choose to scroll past those threads though. Everyone doesn't have the same level of intellect and it's each of our choices to hit the button to respond- you don't have to. At the same time the thread title was a bit punchy, but I still think everyone needs to relax a bit- and realize too you're dealing with people who can't eat for comfort anymore! A bit touchy to say the least. I know I am at times.

{)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

I still think everyone needs to relax a bit- and realize too you're dealing with people who can't eat for comfort anymore! A bit touchy to say the least. I know I am at times. {)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

Amen. I have eluded to this many times in the past, and sometimes forget it myself when I shouldn't.

Lots of posters here are going through food withdrawal, and they are hardly at their best. I know I wasn't during that time. Not being able to hit that drug of choice to numb our pains takes some getting used to.

She is right though- some people make some dumb ass comments and silly statements/questions on here- I choose to scroll past those threads though. Everyone doesn't have the same level of intellect and it's each of our choices to hit the button to respond- you don't have to. At the same time the thread title was a bit punchy, but I still think everyone needs to relax a bit- and realize too you're dealing with people who can't eat for comfort anymore! A bit touchy to say the least. I know I am at times.

{)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

I like to be positive and if I don't have a positive response to what someone has written I usually refrain from giving my opinion. It's not because I don't like to express myself but because it is so darn difficult at times to know what the intent or what someone is trying to convey through a written format. I think that's what happened here. I have gotten to know some of you so I understand the tone and style of written expression. I get the gist from the original post. We can't take everything we read on here as 100% truth. My NUT swears that Biotin has no effect on hair loss. My surgeon assured me that I shouldn't experience any Hair loss whatsoever. I feel like my hair is falling out. I have so much hair anyway that it's not the end of the world. But, I do notice more hair comes out in the shower and when I brush my hair. I'm still taking biotin...just in case! I think the suggestions that we get on these forums are very helpful to many but do not apply to everyone. We all have to do what works for us as individuals.

I have eaten all I are before and still lost weight. I eat crisps, fries, chocolates and my nemesis sweets. I have still lost loads of weight and I act the same. Why well because it takes a long time to adjust the habbit of a lifetime. Plus I'm still losing weight and my dr said I won't be able to eat loads so you can certainly try he jokes.

It's true you can't so eaten some bad foods you will still lose weight. Here's the catch though I lost weight but I want to be healthy so I'm trying to change my habits and learn good ones. Instead of doing the foolish thing like me and eat terribly just to prove that you can after gastric sleeve. Use the time after recent surgery to learn new healthy options while your stoking feels as big as a nut etc. My stomach feels very normal size and I can eat a fair sized meal but I can't over eat or eats loads so this stops me. I'm also active so many of you many not be. Listen to your drs and don't listen to me. Yes you can cheat the system but your only cheating yourself. Moke

Nope I just knew that sone people would get pissy hence the riot title... everytime I post anything I get those people who have to tell me I'm doing something wrong. Even coming for advice on this page people act all holier than thou..

I have a ton of support in real life. I find it sad thay some people feel the need to be rude to someone they have never net because of their opinion or that there drs rules are different.

I question things I read and I adk the dr and get told that those rules only apply to bypass patients... I was just saying what I was going through.

If my title wasnt up to par for all of you I am so sorry.. it was a joke.

Nope I just knew that sone people would get pissy hence the riot title... everytime I post anything I get those people who have to tell me I'm doing something wrong. Even coming for advice on this page people act all holier than thou..

I have a ton of support in real life. I find it sad thay some people feel the need to be rude to someone they have never net because of their opinion or that there drs rules are different.

I question things I read and I adk the dr and get told that those rules only apply to bypass patients... I was just saying what I was going through.

If my title wasnt up to par for all of you I am so sorry.. it was a joke.

All I can do is apologize...the rest is up to you kid....

Its all good. I wad wanting to give people an idea of what my dr said. Because it seemed so different from everyone else's. Yes maybe the title was bad.. I was having a horrible night and couldn't sleep snd was reading through some of the posts and kept coming across people eho are just down right negative and mean.

Anyways.. like I said I'm done.. I can't stand the kind of people who talk down to someone because they as a "stupid" question or one that has been discussed a million times. I think there are too many judgemental people in this world already

I joined this site for information and advice not snide comments and rude people.

I will be on my way now. Good luck to all of you on your journey. I hope that you all do great and feel amazing however you choose to get there.

Nope I just knew that sone people would get pissy hence the riot title... everytime I post anything I get those people who have to tell me I'm doing something wrong. Even coming for advice on this page people act all holier than thou.. I have a ton of support in real life. I find it sad thay some people feel the need to be rude to someone they have never net because of their opinion or that there drs rules are different. I question things I read and I adk the dr and get told that those rules only apply to bypass patients... I was just saying what I was going through. If my title wasnt up to par for all of you I am so sorry.. it was a joke.

I love how you call others "holier than thou" as you accuse them of being pissy, negative, mean, judgmental, snide and rude.

Perhaps you should look up the definition of that phrase.

I can understand the frustration from having a different plan than others. But my frustration is with people in real life, not on this board. I have a very different pre and post op diet than most. I am having my surgery done at a Center of Excellence, and so I will follow what they tell me to do. I have friends in real life who have begged me to find a new NUT because "you have a really bad Nut". That offended me. I'm a relatively smart individual and have gone with the most experienced team I could find for this surgery. Just because a plan is different than your own, does not mean you have a "bad" team, or Nut, or surgeon,

A couple of things I agree with you on, but I STILL can't eat and drink together. I think that one's pretty universal with most sleeve doctors - the reason why has nothing to do with stretching your tummy, but more about filling it too fast. If you need a sip, I'm sure it'd be okay - but to drink a full drink while eating is going to fill you with liquid rather than food. Also, a LOT of sleevers get really sick when they eat and drink together - I happen to be one of them.

There is a TON of conflicting information out there, true. But ever surgeon has his/her own opinion and it comes from personal experience with doing these surgeries and what has happened with their own patients. So, I guess it all boils down to: "follow your doctors orders".

Good luck!

For starters, I have never believed everything I read on here. Don't think anyone should.

Secondly, It seems like everyone has different instructions from their Surgeons and NUTS. After all, we trusted them enough to remove 80% of our stomach so why would we NOT do as they instruct?

That said, I believe the different surgeons instructions come from this; first, medical fact, second, medical opinion, third, serving the lowest common denominator, and lastly, covering their asses.

Caffeine is fine? No caffeine ever again? Straws ok? No straws ever? Alcohol ok? No alcohol ever? Carbonation ok? No carbonation ever? I think lots of surgeons say these things because lets face it, we didn't get morbidly obese doing all the right things so many think that there is no wiggle room in their patients and they don't want someone suing them because they used a straw and gained all the weight back and we not warned about it.

I do follow my surgeon's and NUT's instructions but I also think they use a common sense approach. My only no no according to them is carbonation. I can live with that. Had I been instructed to never have caffeine, alcohol, use a straw, or consume a carbohydrate I would not have had this surgery. I got this surgery to live a long, healthy and normal life not spend the rest of it being afraid every time I put something in my mouth.

I'm sure there are some WLS patient who need that strict set of rules but I think for the most part, we can all use our common sense along with our medical advice and make the right decisions that work for us.

Should have seen the look my NUT gave me when I said I had 1-2 cups of (GASP!) coffee a day :D

I'm laughing at myself. I Amos glad I saw this post! I missed my 10 month check up because I kind of stopped losing weight. It's embarrassing that I let my old habits creep back. But today I made the appointment, it's been 1 yr and only down 55 pounds. I will not give in to the food . It's is ruining my spirit and will. Help!!! I would love some suggestions from 2012 sleevers!