Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this may start a riot.

My docs are all about moderation and that works for me. But, I'll tell you one thing: For me, eating + drinking too soon after = throwing up. No thanks. Did enough of that with the crapband.

Why bother being on the forum in the first place if you have it all figured out....I admire the fact that you do as you would be the only one I know of that does...Mr it is an everyday learning experience and I read and studied this program for 2 years...Personally I find the forum valuable in that you get to read how others are handling all the things that you have already figured out....Amazing!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

Edited by newat52

Why bother being on the forum in the first place if you have it all figured out....I admire the fact that you do as you would be the only one I know of that does...Mr it is an everyday learning experience and I read and studied this program for 2 years...Personally I find the forum valuable in that you get to read how others are handling all the things that you have already figured out....Amazing!!!!!
Who said I have it all figured out? Who said I don't find this forum valuable? Who said I don't learn new things everyday? Just because I follow my surgeon's instructions and use some common sense makes me have it all figured out? Not sure what I said that was so high and mighty in your opinion' date=' but last time I looked, this was a place to express opinions, while yours may not be exactly the same as mine, doesn't mean you need attack someone for expressing them. Sheesh! :ph34r:[/quote']

I could be wrong but I think RJ quoted you when she meant to quote the OP :)

All roads may lead to Rome. Follow YOUR plan! I'll follow my plan and we all share our plans with each other. No riot darlin' . We all want to learn. My MD and NUT say no straws, no carbonation, no chewing gum, no liquids with meals, focus on Protein and then veggies, write everything down, and be active. I'll do what they say (I already drink coffee, so perfect I ain't). I am a rules follower (mostly) I guess. I want this to work even if it be VOODOO!!!

I still cant eat and drink, my NUT always said wait 20 mins before drinking. I find it works for me other wise I throw up, filling up with the liquid too much after eating. I drink with straws but only for drinking with no food before or after.

well, I use a basic rule when evaluating the information posted - the source. Some people have lots of success, lost their weight etc and other people are just learning and often post inaccurate things.

I had the lapband (pouch) for 10 years and now the the sleeve (no pouch, smal stomache) for 2 years. The no drinking with meals has two different reasons for for the two different procedures. With the sleeve keeping that "tight feeling" really helps us get to goal and maintain. Its really important to not overfill it... consuming only to the point of "not hungry" helps keep that tight feeling over time. Not drinking with meals allows you to get that dense Protein and veggies in without getting too full.

Now, on the digestive issues. I was never lactose intolerant before in fact ice cream was my favorite food. Now, even small portions of ice cream gives me diarrea. I generally dont eat Protein Bars and have experimented with not having Protein drinks and I am still lactose intolerant. was a good thing for me... ice cream is NOT a favorite food anymore.

This site has been a lifeline for me too. I have found many people just like me, which is reassuring and educational. My NUT calls my time on the forum my "research" as I am very well-versed and know the proper questions to ask her. I have learned so much from all of you, and as I stand on the edge of this great precipice, prepared to jump, I am glad you are all behind me--cheering me on! :)

Someone once told me...."only take advice from someone who is where you want to be." So what cowgirljane said is true....I see so many newly sleeved and even presleeved people here telling folks how to do things...and how it's going to go for them forever. Really? How do they know?

The surgeons all have many different opinions on what works and what doesn't work. The truth is, there is more than one way to skin a cat. The best way is the way that works....and that you can stick with forever.

And btw....it's not the Protein bars and shakes that bind you up...it's the lack of Fiber. When you're newly sleeved it's very difficult to get in enough Fiber. Most don't because they're too busy getting in their Protein and simply don't have the room for much else.

Edited by Butterthebean

I could be wrong but I think RJ quoted you when she meant to quote the OP :)

Well that explains things! :)

It's all good. :)

Have to say though, don't think the OP was trying to be a know it all, it was just things she discussed with her Dr. and was sharing them and trying to take a look herself and her habits. There is so much conflicting information on this forum and everywhere we look.

Sometimes we just need to get out some of the thoughts all pent up in our head. I think thats all she was trying to do.

Let's give her some support, because it IS all good! :)

Someone once told me...."only take advice from someone who is where you want to be."

I love this! It is so true!

I was in no way bragging. I am all in all a little confusconfused by some of what you guys are saying. I was just putting out there what my dr thinks and the approach I am taking. No bad was to come of it. I just know that one person has a different view than the norm you get the book thrown at you and people get mad.

I am all for everyone doing what they want. I don't need or want anyone's permission to lead my life the way I want.

I will refrain from posting. Guess I will just read...

I was in no way bragging. I am all in all a little confusconfused by some of what you guys are saying. I was just putting out there what my dr thinks and the approach I am taking. No bad was to come of it. I just know that one person has a different view than the norm you get the book thrown at you and people get mad. I am all for everyone doing what they want. I don't need or want anyone's permission to lead my life the way I want. I will refrain from posting. Guess I will just read...
Cindy, don't stop posting when you want to. Just be aware that some people may receive what you say different then what you actually intend. I choose to just follow my doctors orders. I started coming on here for support and info preop since I was going to Mexico and come now to support others going there and for entertainment purposes since I'm home for 4 weeks and don't feel like cleaning my closet. Do what you want girl!! {)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

Edited by back2barb78

I was in no way bragging. I am all in all a little confusconfused by some of what you guys are saying. I was just putting out there what my dr thinks and the approach I am taking. No bad was to come of it. I just know that one person has a different view than the norm you get the book thrown at you and people get mad.

I am all for everyone doing what they want. I don't need or want anyone's permission to lead my life the way I want.

Sometimes people misunderstand the tone of what you are saying because it is in print. I personally appreciate that you posted what your Dr said- I like to hear all views. I hope you don't stop participating.

Please post! That's how we learn!!!

Follow your plan! Your plan is different, and follow it nonetheless!!!

I was in no way bragging. I am all in all a little confusconfused by some of what you guys are saying. I was just putting out there what my dr thinks and the approach I am taking. No bad was to come of it. I just know that one person has a different view than the norm you get the book thrown at you and people get mad. I am all for everyone doing what they want. I don't need or want anyone's permission to lead my life the way I want. I will refrain from posting. Guess I will just read...

C'mon. You titled your thread, "This may start a riot"...

That just screams provocation. I'm not throwing the book or getting mad... Just keeping it real.

You were poking the lion(s) with a stick and now you're shocked some of the lion(s) swiped at you? I think that is kind of silly.