Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats on all those pounds down!!!! I was like that too the first 2 weeks. But once my stomach felt better I up with my Protein and Vitamins.... I'm so glad u didn't loos ur hair..... I'm fighting every-way I can to conserve mine... Thank you for the example..

Thanks so much :) I have to wash mine everyday too because it gets drenched with sweat at the gym!! Good luck and hopefully you will be ok!! Definitely get some good fats in your diet

I have fine curly hair also...I take ALL my Protein 95%of the time. I take ALL my Vitamins plus Biotin plus black current for my hair' date=' 95%of the time.... I'm also using Biotin and collagen Shampoo and conditioner (my curls love it).. I have faith that all this will work... I wash my hair but let it air dry, I only blow dry it once a week... Just wanted to share what I'm doing to try and fight it before anything happens....Good luck !!!![/quote']

What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use and where do you get it?

What kind of Shampoo and conditioner do you use and where do you get it?

It's by Organix: Biotin and collagen, ,,

Thick and Full

@ Cvs, some walmart's, cheapest in Target...

Purple bottles. Smells 2 die for...

My curls air dry very happy since I've been using them... Then I put on a LITTLE BIT of:

Curl enhancing smoothie by Shea moisture

And my hair feels great!!!

Pls let me know if this works out for you... If you have curly hair, DONT shampoo everyday!! Some days you just need to cowash it..

I know that I get maybe 30gr of Protein a day cause I cant eat much at all and im 3months out' date=' but I know other people that have made forsure they got 80grams a day and.they are still having hair loss. I think they is no escaping it, if you had had any surgery you would have Hair loss just from the anesthesia. So you have that plus your body going through a MAJOR change and I think it's inevitable sadly. But that's just my thoughts I'm no doctor[/quote']

U really need to push ur protein... I eat solids but I try really hard to drink all my Protein. I'm pushing between 76 and 92 grams a day...

Try Try Try!!!! You NEED IT!!!! Not only cuz of ur hair, but your muscles need it badly. Your body deserves for you to give it what it needs... Try!!!

From what I have read & researched & read here on this wls...most wls people have to deal with Hair loss to some degree - some worse than others - regardless of your diet, all the Protein, supplements like Biotin & collagen, fancy shampoos, style vs no styling, wash or not wash etc etc... My hair loss started about the 4 month mark...and it still going strong at the 8th month mark...my hair is all I have ...it is to my waist...but it has thinned so, so much. I pray it stops soon. I feel like it is getting noticeable to others (it may just be in my head) . . Best of luck to all of us with this issue!!

It's a bit irritating when people imply that if you are losing your hair it is due to not getting Protein or Vitamins. This is simply NOT TRUE. I am one of the unlucky ones who have followed the diet, vitamins, protein intake and healthy fats to the law 99.999% of the time and my hair is falling out big time. It just happens. Hopefully it will stop soon!

If you need to get in more Protein but have trouble with your tender new tummy try my favorite quick and easy protein choice..... Campbell's beef consommé with an envelope of Knox unflavored Gelatin dissolved into it by heating gently in the microwave. It is delicious, goes down easily, and has a fair amount of protein. Plus it is NOT a protein shake!

Well, I am 5 1/2 months out, and started losing a little of hair around month 4. I also have curly hair, Have done everything that others suggested to stop the Hair loss but I am hoping it will just stop on its own soon. I get plenty of Protein, 60-80 grams a day, drink plenty of Water, don't wash my hair everyday, use a special Shampoo, take all my Vitamins including a B complete with extra Biotin, and yet it still is coming out. I have heard other people on here say that it slows down around month 6 so I am hoping that's so, I've gotten very creative with styling my hair so it doesn't look so thin. Good luck everyone!

Well' date=' I am 5 1/2 months out, and started losing a little of hair around month 4. I also have curly hair, Have done everything that others suggested to stop the Hair loss but I am hoping it will just stop on its own soon. I get plenty of Protein,60-80 grams a day, drink plenty of Water, don't wash my hair everyday, use a special Shampoo, take all my Vitamins including a B complete with extra Biotin, and yet it still is coming out. I have heard other people on here say that it slows down around month 6 so I am hoping that's so, I've gotten very creative with styling my hair so it doesn't look so thin. Good luck everyone![/quote']

I really hope that you are NOT referring to my posts.... If you are, you obviously didn't read them clearly... Hope you didn't take offense at the fact that I'm sharing what I'm doing to help the issue....

My hair was thinning several years ago and I discovered taking Fish Oil 2x a day stopped the thinning. Now I take Coromega, a gel Fish Oil pack. Easier to take than those big capsules.

My hair started thinning again at 4 months post op. We're talking like 10 strands a day. I use Revita Shampoo to help prevent shedding, and Revita conditioner to help it regrow. My hairdresser tells me my head is full of little regrowing hairs!

I also take tons of Vitamins, including a multi, B12, Vit D and E, 5,000 mcg of Biotin. Recently I found out I was Zinc deficient which can also cause Hair loss, so I have added zinc tablets. We'll see if that helps.

Edited by cindymg

U really need to push ur Protein... I eat solids but I try really hard to drink all my Protein. I'm pushing between 76 and 92 grams a day...

Try Try Try!!!! You NEED IT!!!! Not only cuz of ur hair' date=' but your muscles need it badly. Your body deserves for you to give it what it needs... Try!!![/quote']

Thanks for the tip but I am trying to get all mine in as I stated, there is no way I could drink protein all day and still eat. I can barely eat a 1/4 of a cup and when I do eat out hurts and I get nauseous. I am and have been talking to my doctor about all this and he knows I'm not getting my protein in and is ok with it cause I'm doing what I can. I am 3 months out today and have lost 50lbs. I try try try to do all I am supposed to do but I can only do as much as my body lets me.

Thanks for the tip but I am trying to get all mine in as I stated' date=' there is no way I could drink Protein all day and still eat. I can barely eat a 1/4 of a cup and when I do eat out hurts and I get nauseous. I am and have been talking to my doctor about all this and he knows I'm not getting my Protein in and is ok with it cause I'm doing what I can. I am 3 months out today and have lost 50lbs. I try try try to do all I am supposed to do but I can only do as much as my body lets me.[/quote']

Your weight loss is impressive. Congratulations!!! I've almost pushed food itself to the back burner since when I eat I'm only satisfied for a short time, then I actually feel hunger again. I'm doing HORRIBLE with my Water intake :(. And since I'm using both liquid and powder protein, what I do is put 2 scoops of protein in one drink and that makes it soooooo much easier. I warm them up and it's like hot chocolate. Basically 2 shakes a day and I'm done... I find myself not being able to eat red meat, chicken, nor eggs the taste makes me sick, so shakes, veggies,and Beans have been my lifesaver. Best of luck!!!