Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So when does the Hair loss stop? I have been losing hair for six weeks. I have stopped up 2 bathroom sinks and the bathtub. Surprisingly, I still have hair on my head. I have very thin hair and I was so worried about this stage of the process and ending up with no hair at all. I also tried everything made to keep this from happening and it happened anyway.

I'm 9 1/2 wks out and I've been noticing more Hair loss. I have curly curly hair so I pray that you cant tell much but curly as it is it's thinner. I'm so afraid the sheading will pick up and I'll have bald spots! Ugh....... I'm interested to hear also! Sorry I was no help!

I have the same problem. I was thinning and losing it before surgery, and now it's worse :( Gobs of it coming out and clogging the drain...it's so depressing! I'm taking Biotin 10,000 mg and a homeopathic remedy, but so far, no regrowth. I hope it comes in soon too!

Well I don't have any answer about this. I am 5 1/2 months post op and started losing a little after surgery but about 3 months it started clogging the shower drain and it is not slowing at all, actually the last couple of days have been the worst. Had to clean out the drain twice to get the Water to go down. Everything you read says it's temporary and it starts at the 3 month post op and then stops anywhere from 6-9 months. I asked a beautician friend of mine about any products that might work and when i get an answer I will let you all know :)

I've been so sad mine just started to fall out this week :-( I also have curly hair, I have appointment with my stylist tomorrow, guess I'll be sporting a short hair do after tomorrow. Makes me so sad I have worked to hard for my long hair that I love now I have to cut it off so I don't look sickly. A little depressing....

It's my understanding loss of hair can be from not taking in enough Protein, between 60-70 grams is what I was told by my surgeon and nutritionist. Don't know if this helps but I am trying hard to stay up on the protein...

I know that I get maybe 30gr of Protein a day cause I cant eat much at all and im 3months out, but I know other people that have made forsure they got 80grams a day and.they are still having Hair loss. I think they is no escaping it, if you had had any surgery you would have hair loss just from the anesthesia. So you have that plus your body going through a MAJOR change and I think it's inevitable sadly. But that's just my thoughts I'm no doctor

I've been so sad mine just started to fall out this week

I'm sorry.....how far out are you from surgery?

I have baby fine, thin, curly hair, and everytime I shower it looks like a wig is in the drain, but this has been going on before surgery, so I'm not sure if it's the surgery or just me.......

I am 6 months on Nov 6th and it has finally slowed down a lot. I'd say for the last month and a half it was falling out in bunches. I did all the things and bought everything ppl recommended before and during. It still fell out.

Edited by Ernestine

I have fine curly hair also...I take ALL my Protein 95%of the time. I take ALL my Vitamins plus Biotin plus black current for my hair, 95%of the time.... I'm also using Biotin and collagen Shampoo and conditioner (my curls love it).. I have faith that all this will work... I wash my hair but let it air dry, I only blow dry it once a week... Just wanted to share what I'm doing to try and fight it before anything happens....Good luck !!!!

You can't stop this Hair loss any more than you can regular hair loss, just have to ride it out.....out a cycle

I don't believe that's true. I have family members who have not suffered any hair loss... I also have a family member who's almost bold.... And there's a BIG difference in what they did after surgery... I'm very optimistic about my hair... Words are powerful.

I'm over 8 months out and have not lost any hair, but have lost 114lbs. My consultant attributes it to my post op diet. I wasn't able to have any Protein my first two weeks post op and I often only get to about 65g. I do eat healthy fat with every meaI, mostly avocado. I do think it's just an individual thing on how each person's body reacts. I also never took any Vitamins until 8 weeks post op.

I'm over 8 months out and have not lost any hair' date=' but have lost 114lbs. My consultant attributes it to my post op diet. I wasn't able to have any Protein my first two weeks post op and I often only get to about 65g. I do eat healthy fat with every meaI, mostly avocado. I do think it's just an individual thing on how each person's body reacts. I also never took any Vitamins until 8 weeks post op.[/quote']

Congrats on all those pounds down!!!! I was like that too the first 2 weeks. But once my stomach felt better I up with my Protein and vitamins.... I'm so glad u didn't loos ur hair..... I'm fighting every-way I can to conserve mine... Thank you for the example..