Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November fitness challenge

day 5, I forgot to post for day I think, so 4 miles for day 4, 3.5 for day 5 and 1 strength training session MTD-19

I'm up to 15.47 miles of 125 so far. I got started off a little slow but did just over 5 miles Sunday and almost 5 yesterday so I'm getting back with it! I also have been doing my 30 day plank and squat challenge. Last night, my blonde roots came through and I managed to double the number of squats I was supposed to do. That's right, I did 140 squats instead of just 70... by accident! But I was pretty impressed that I was able to do 140 squats!!! I'm feeling it today but it hurts so good :) Now off for my lunchtime walk!

Edited by BlessedBeyondMeasure2012

I need advice!! Im going into the gym (first timer) to try the recumbent bike. How many miles should I shoot for first time? Im planning on going in about 20 minutes. Is 10 miles a good starting point? Or should I go higher? What about resistance settings, mph? Anything a newbie should know before walking into the gym?

I need advice!! Im going into the gym (first timer) to try the recumbent bike. How many miles should I shoot for first time? Im planning on going in about 20 minutes. Is 10 miles a good starting point? Or should I go higher? What about resistance settings' date=' mph? Anything a newbie should know before walking into the gym?[/quote']

You are probably in much better shape than am I from all your swimming. I certainly couldn't swim a mile!

But I started with no resistance and did 10-15 minutes the first time. Why not let your body be your guide? It's your first time, just do it to try it and don't worry about a goal maybe. It takes me 15 mins to do 5 miles even now.

You are probably in much better shape than am I from all your swimming. I certainly couldn't swim a mile!

But I started with no resistance and did 10-15 minutes the first time. Why not let your body be your guide? It's your first time' date=' just do it to try it and don't worry about a goal maybe. It takes me 15 mins to do 5 miles even now.[/quote']

I did 15 minutes on a hill setting and got just over 4 miles. I almost died because I forgot to bring Water (DUH!). I rehydrated and then power walked 5/8 mile before drying up again. I'm officially pooped now :) So, Im considering this a major success because I have always been too intimidated to walk behind those gym doors. I did it though, liked it, and am going to add it into my regular routine.

I did 4 miles on the recumbent bike this morning, then off to an early meeting. I never would have done that before this challenge. Monthly total 22 miles.

jdmama911

I have been doing the recumbent bike for the last 8 weeks. I started with 20 minutes a day , 3 days a week. The exercise physiologist recommended that I increase the time 10% a day, until I reached 30 minutes. Then increase the number of exercise days to 6 times a week. That is whee I am now. I plan to keep increasing the pace until my surgery date. I am impressed at the results so far and how I look forward to doing cardio exercise. Some strength training is next.

I was just about to unleash the blood hounds looking for you. Thanks for sparing me that. No doubt Georgia would have sniffed you out in no time.

Yep!! You know I'm not letting my girl get by!!

Oh my goodness, SO GLAD I posted in time because unleashing Georgia on me...wow, don't throw me in the briar patch! ;):lol: Seriously thanks for getting me going here...

So because I was lazy for the first couple of days this month, I had to do a double workout today...and I accomplished a very important goal of mine, which was do a weight workout without a trainer pushing me. In fact, I took my husband to the gym with me and it was SO fun showing him all the things that I've learned in the last 6 weeks. Course he did higher weights on EVERYTHING (and made it look easy... :wacko: ) but he was great and let me take the lead and pick out all the exercises. We did a 1.5 hour workout and then he had a date with a conference call for work <_< so I stayed and did my spin class. Oh and did a mile on the elliptical while waiting for them to open the doors to spin.

So between spin, walking during our weight training and the elliptical I logged an even 20 miles today.

I don't know how many miles it counts for , but missus butter and I shook our groove things last night all the way to funky town.

What a handsome couple! Way to go Butter!

post-17584-13838396995549_thumb.jpg

4.85 miles in today. Feeling great with not a lot of knee pain. Total for the month now stands at 18.15 miles. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so looks like a recumbent bike day tomorrow.

Great job so far this month everyone! Keep it up and have fun!

40 minutes of MMA fitness class! O M G I am soooo out of shape! I walked around the mall AGAIN on Sunday, I have NO clue how much it counts for, but it was a couple of hours, and I HATE shopping! :-P

4.85 miles in today. Feeling great with not a lot of knee pain. Total for the month now stands at 18.15 miles. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so looks like a recumbent bike day tomorrow.

Great job so far this month everyone! Keep it up and have fun!

I honestly thought it was gonna rain today…this morning was funky looking out:)

Born in Shreveport! Hometown Bossier!! Small world. Have lifelong friends and family there that I talk to and see!

Yep, I grew up in Shreveport and have lived here my whole life except for 7 years in New Orleans. Definitely a small world.

Ran 10K (6.2 miles) for the first time in my life tonight! I am beyond thrilled!

Run: 6.2 (Goal 40)

Walk: 23.5 (Goal 50)

Bike: 0 (Goal 30)

Total: 29.7