Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November fitness challenge

I am in! Doing the weight loss challenge too. Time to tighten up all of this jiggle-jiggle going on.

Walk = 50 miles

Zumba = 20 classes

Hi - my name is Andy. I want to be able to successfully complete the following by the end of November ( during a single workout) 50 unbroken kipping pull-ups (at about 5 strict and 10 kipping) 50 nose to wall hand stand push-ups (I cannot do these yet due to lack of shoulder and overhead strength) 100 unbroken double unders (I cannot do these yet due to skill' date=' good at 100 singles) 100 unbroken push-ups ( can do about 30 unbroken) 50 GHD sit-ups (can do this, but added as a way to round out the work out) 50 rebound box jumps (I am not able to do more than 2-3 at a time due to skill) I will be practicing these all month in between planned workouts to move towards November goal.[/quote']oh - also going to see if I can lose 10 lb (of fat). This might not equate to much scale weight loss, but will be a credit swap of fat for muscle.

oh - also going to see if I can lose 10 lb (of fat). This might not equate to much scale weight loss' date=' but will be a credit swap of fat for muscle.[/quote']

Um.....not a weight loss challenge fiddle. I think everyone here is trying to lose weight. There have been many many weight loss challenges. There probably still are some. Lets keep our eye on the ball here.

Hmm.....I will join but not sure what goals to set......

Be able to run 3 miles without stopping by the end of November (up to 1.75 miles right now)

Increase my weight settings by 5 pounds by the end of the month

I don't think I like running but it is something different and I want to conquer it to feel more like an athlete not just an exerciser.

Not the most earth shattering goals, but they will definitely make me feel like I am progressing and not just maintaining.

I am in for 30 hours of exercise in November! I will have done 8 hours this week if I go to my yoga class today. Did 7 hrs last week. That about doubles where I was at. I want to keep up the pace I recently ramped up to! Loving it! Zumba, Gravity, Latin Heat, Yoga, and Spinning!

Edited by blash67

Not the most earth shattering goals, but they will definitely make me feel like I am progressing and not just maintaining.

Maybe not earth shattering but they are goals and definitely better than sitting on the couch and doing nothing for a month. Welcome aboard.

I *really* want to do this - I'm in the midst of the 3-month stall and need to kick things up a notch. I'm starting a new job on Monday so not sure how life is going to shake out, but I can commit to upping my weights 10 lbs., biking 100 miles, and 15 hours of walking.

Hi Butter, I am in for November! Normally I get in 2-3 miles of walking a day, and do 2 strength training sessions a week, so I want to try to up that to 4-5 miles a day and 3 strength training sessions a week.(What am I saying I hate strength training!) But yup that's what I'm aiming for. Wish me luck!

Hey, peeps! I'm Georgia and November goal is 130 miles!!! Still gotta finish my last couple for October's 125 goal. Best to all.

Hey' date=' peeps! I'm Georgia and November goal is 130 miles!!! Still gotta finish my last couple for October's 125 goal. Best to all.[/quote']you are going to rock it Georgia!

8 strength classes in addition to my normal walking routine.

you are going to rock it Georgia!

As are you! Even though I don't know what most of that is! I truly admire your diligence.

YIKES I want to be Andy someday ! I don't even know what some of that stuff is !

Don't worry most of us don't either. I vaguely know it's English and I have expanded my vocab by googling some of it. Burpees apparently have nothing to do with socially unacceptable noises.

Just set a goal you think you want and the rest of us will cheer you like we cheer Andy. :)

I don't want to do anything' date=' I'm so dead. But I'll go in for 200 miles this month.[/quote']

I ask you, what kinda stud says "oh I'm so dead that I can ONLY do 200 miles"??

I'm in again this month! I'm going to aim for 125 miles again this month. I would like to increase my mileage/month but the October challenge was really difficult for me to stay on top of meeting my goal. BUT...I am going to start the couch to 5K program. I have never been a runner. Even when I was in high school and in great shape, I couldn't run a single mile! I want to push myself and make November about starting my goal of being able to eventually run a 5k. Has anyone on here tried the couch to 5K?