Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 months out... first and possibly LAST time out drinking since sleeved.

Three and a half drinks last night over a 5-6 hour period.. Lots of Water and some food in between and I STILL promised the Irish boy sitting next to me that I'll be his NEW BFF and I'm pretty sure I kissed a man with Maori tattoos on his chin. I'm 40 years old and up until last night, I've never been intoxicated... EVER.... I thought I was doing good with pacing myself and eating bits of food etc....WRONG. So glad I looped in my friends PRIOR to going out of the possibility of alcohol affecting me differently because BOY, did it EVER....but fortunately they kept me in check and took me home and tucked me in... BUT now as a special added bonus..Now I'm hungover and ridiculously nauseated... Who gets hungover on three and a half drinks???? OK, just wanted to share the experience. If you choose to drink post sleeve, please be sure that you have friends who will watch out for you.. or drink at home.

Is it wrong that I lol'ed a little? :)

You poor thing. Glad you shared this. Lot of people,wondering whether they can drink afterwards.

I kind of chuckled too :wacko: ....sorry, I did it softly so it doesn't add to your headache. :)

Things can be very different..I can get buzzed on a glass of wine. My husband and I love wine and enjoy trying different ones on the weekend so I have a few sips and then let that go to my head for a few minutes. After that I'm fine.

If I go out for happy hour with my friends, I can only have one glass and I will sit for at least an hour and half after that with lots of Water. That was not the case pre sleeve.

Feel better sweetie and don't beat yourself up. Hydrate up and that will help.

Three and a half drinks last night over a 5-6 hour period.. Lots of Water and some food in between and I STILL promised the Irish boy sitting next to me that I'll be his NEW BFF and I'm pretty sure I kissed a man with Maori tattoos on his chin. I'm 40 years old and up until last night' date=' I've never been intoxicated... EVER.... I thought I was doing good with pacing myself and eating bits of food etc....WRONG. So glad I looped in my friends PRIOR to going out of the possibility of alcohol affecting me differently because BOY, did it EVER....but fortunately they kept me in check and took me home and tucked me in... BUT now as a special added bonus..Now I'm hungover and ridiculously nauseated... Who gets hungover on three and a half drinks???? OK, just wanted to share the experience. If you choose to drink post sleeve, please be sure that you have friends who will watch out for you.. or drink at home.[/quote']

You know the quickest way to get over a hangover is to start drinking again...lol. Or hang out with medics that have IV bags that can stick yeah. In all seriousness, I hope you feel better.

I might have LOL'd just a bit as well -- it's a whole new world out there! :) No but truly, if you've never been much of drinker, starting with 3 drinks in your tiny sleeve might have been too fast a start! Also, drinks have different alcohol content, so that could have been a factor. I love the fact that you were out and having a great time though, and have awesome friends to watch out for you. Bummer about the hangover - that's never a good feeling.

I have been a social drinker for years, and I've done 2 wine tastings since surgery. The first time I was very cautious and had exactly 3 sips. I was with friends (but my surgery was a secret so they don't know), so it was my test run to see if I'd feel it. I didn't (I'll admit I was a bit disappointed after all the hype about drinking after surgery). This week was my birthday and I did a flight of 4 wines, but I asked for half pours. It turns out half pours are still too much! At glass 3 I could definitely feel that I'd had alcohol, I was only sipping small amounts and I didn't finish any of the half pours. I probably had 2 sips per glass, but where before my surgery that would have been nothing, this time I could tell it was affecting me by the 3rd wine. So, I feel like my safety must be around 5 or 6 sips total. I like to drink socially, and I try to never get very impaired, so whenever my next social drinking occasion is, I'm going to try for 5 sips and see how it goes. :)

Thanks for sharing your story!

My experiment with vodka has resulted in it's re-assignment as cleaning Fluid.

My nutritionist told me that after surgery and weight loss, that IF I decided to go out and drink... to make sure it was with very good friends. :lol:

My experiment with vodka has resulted in it's re-assignment as cleaning Fluid.

You could also use it as a cologne, but people might get the wrong idea. Ha ha.

Feel better soon!

lol very cute story , I had a 1/4 cup of grey goose black cherry noir over ice I sipped on it all night was happy all night not crazy not drunk but a nice even buzz . So I felt i did well in the calorie range and was able to enjoy. Pre surgery couldnt feel anything till 2nd gg martini so im glad you had fun. I hope you feel better.

3 1/2 drinks after not drinking for 7 months is not "only 3 1/2". I'm a cheap date now too... Mostly stay away from the stuff, and if I imbibe, its just a little bit or with plenty of mixer and ice.

Ha! Three months post op and I'm on the couch recovering from a glass of wine that I spent four hours drinking last night. I'm pretty sure I made out with a handful of tortilla chips in a dark corner as well. Now I can't keep anything down. Except my head. Which I can't pick up.

Ha! Three months post op and I'm on the couch recovering from a glass of wine that I spent four hours drinking last night. I'm pretty sure I made out with a handful of tortilla chips in a dark corner as well. Now I can't keep anything down. Except my head. Which I can't pick up.

Bahahahahaha! Y'all make drinking sound like a lot of fun....not!

Serenity,

Think of it this way; you have lost 120lbs or the equivialnt of 1 normal weight drinking buddy. You can no longer drink for the 2 of you! You have been moved back to novice/lightweight drinking category, and thats a good thing :tongue2:

Uh oh, this might actually belong in the dirty secrets thread! lol! <_<

Feel better!

Wow... Good to know!