Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hard to eat foods

I have an issue with chicken when it is baked or cooked on a grill or rotisserie. I only eat chicken breast which I now find is too dry to digest. I also have issues with broccoli, onions, and sometimes mashed sweet or white potatoes. Anytime I eat those items, I have a problem drinking Water afterwards no matter how long I wait after a meal. I usually after to get rid of a gas bubble by throwing up. I now stay away from those foods since there are other foods that are tasty, nutritious and don't make me sick.

So "sliming" is just extra saliva? Not actually throwing up?

Thanks for the description, just never had that at all, and honestly really glad to be able to say that. smile.png

Yep hang with us, there are a lot of us vets who know about how easy it is to regain some weight. Don't give up, you can fight back and keep working your sleeve!

I've had an experience where I had ate a bit too much one day, I got a terrible HA and decided to take a tylenol #4. But I ate 2 bites of a Quest bar. Within 10 minutes I felt my stomach spasm and a bit nauseous so I thought I'd go to the bathroom and try to throw up because I was so nauseous. Well i had to sit down on the toilet because I started feeling really dizzy. I ended up on the floor pasted out. Started throwing up and had diarrhea at the same time. I kept sliming. All the saliva just kept coming up and it was a horrid feeling. Plus the IBS happening at the same time. Needless to say, I don't take Tylenol #4 anymore due to the spasming of my stomach. :( Sorry for TMI.........Sliming really sucks.

WOW - reading all these intolerances is very interesting! Never had the slimes...never thrown up. Seem to be able to eat anything really. But I do find that I physically feel ill after eating any type of potato. Not sure what is up with that!? Also I can plan on just feeling badly after eating any high fat food. Just a general "sick" feeling for a few hours after.

The only thing that gives me trouble after 11 months is bread. If it's toasted, it's less of a problem but fresh, doughy bread or things like flour tortillas are still off the menu or I can expect a surprise visit from Mr. Slimy :wacko:

I'm only rounding out 8 months PO but I can eat anything except rice. It's the only thing I actively avoid. It gave me Constipation pre-op and post-op my dealings with it have been few but each time I have either had discomfort or pain so I avoid it.

I have only had a few "bad" interactions with food and have never thrown up or slimed since the 6 week relearning food phase. My bad interactions were at 2 weeks PO, I threw up on tuna fish. It was too soon for me. At about 8 weeks, I forgot and drank Water too fast. I was sore for two days and thought I had blown something up (I didn't). I have had a couple times where I ate too much or too fast and felt queasy or overfull. But these are minor and I haven't had any actual food reactions. As long as I eat slow enough and listen to my body, everything goes down fine and stays down fine.

ETA: I forgot my nemesis, Fresh and Easy turkey chili. Yeah, I ate it twice in one day (1 cup total) and OMG...I got such bad painful gas, I thought something exploded or got blocked and I was going to die. I sat up all night debating going to the ER, finally went to sleep, and woke up the next morning feeling better albeit in a room that smelled like something you would never want to smell. woowhee. TMI, but y'asked

My main problem PO is not so much with food but getting super gas and gas pains. For some reason, I get a more farty PO. I hope it goes away eventually.