Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am from Columbus and wondered if there was anyone out there lurking. Saw some old posts in here from other people in C-bus, but nothing new. I know we have a lot of bariatric surgeries going on here, so there has to be somebody! :) If there is anyone, let's all follow this thread and try to get support from each other!

I am having mine done at OSU. I have had my initial consult, EKG, blood work and psych eval. Waiting on EGD, pulmonologist and final ins approval. Can't wait, so excited. I hope to hear from lots more Ohio peeps!

I'm from Dayton. Having my surgery Dec 18 at Miami Valley Hospital. Excited to find other Ohio people here!

I have been working with OSU since July.....have had all my requirements completed since the end of September! Just waiting on insurance preapproval.....make sure you follow up with your insurance company after the doctors office tells you they have submitted the information...They didn't send the proper paper work to the right number and that put me a month behind. They resubmitted my information to insurance October 29th .....and I'm still waiting to hear anything! I love the staff at OSU and the program but my insurance coordinator acts like he doesn't know much.....Good luck!

I'm working with OSU also! I have a long way to go just at the beginning of things. Psych eval is 2/14!!! Can't wait. Any advice or updates would be greatly appreciated!!!

I am having surgery January 23, 2014. I am so excited. Dr. Needlman is doing mine. OSU is a great choice. My journey went very quick with my first appointment being October 31, 2013. At this stage in your journey the best advice I can give is to be proactive. I always followed up with every appointment and did everything I could to get the appointments done as quickly as possible. I even did a few with other providers due to scheduling constraints. It is an exciting journey, I just went today and made sure I had things for my post-op. Good Luck!!!

I am having surgery January 23, 2014. I am so excited. Dr. Needlman is doing mine. OSU is a great choice. My journey went very quick with my first appointment being October 31, 2013. At this stage in your journey the best advice I can give is to be proactive. I always followed up with every appointment and did everything I could to get the appointments done as quickly as possible. I even did a few with other providers due to scheduling constraints. It is an exciting journey, I just went today and made sure I had things for my post-op. Good Luck!!!

I'm so excited!!! I can't imagine how you are feeling right now!!! Prayers that everything goes great!!

No. I had UHC but my employer changed to BCBS as if January 1. So I have gone through approval with both insurance companies. UHC approved me but there was no OR time before the end if the year. So I had to be approved January from BCBS.

I finally got approval last week! I will be having the sleeve done with Dr. Noria on Feb.11th:) Definitely be persistent and follow through to make sure your insurance company has all of the appropriate paperwork that they need for pre aproval. Good luck!

I finally got approval last week! I will be having the sleeve done with Dr. Noria on Feb.11th:) Definitely be persistent and follow through to make sure your insurance company has all of the appropriate paperwork that they need for pre aproval. Good luck!

What insurance company do you have?

Blue cross blue shield of Michigan PPO

Mandy, how did you surgery go? How are you feeling now? I hope everything went well and you're healing nicely!

Mandy, how did you surgery go? How are you feeling now? I hope everything went well and you're healing nicely!

Hey! Surgery went well! No real complications! Had quite a bit of nausea and pain for the first couple of days.... Surgery on a Tuesday am and home on Friday afternoon.... Would have went home on Thursday but I was unable to drink much..... Down ten lbs since surgery ;) feeling pretty good! Drinking and getting in as much Protein as I can ! 1st fu appointment next Tuesday:)