Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Putting weight on

I had my "weigh in" dress too. Heaven forbid my cloths hurt my weight loss!

Heh - reminds me of the countless Weight Watchers weigh-ins - where I would wear the thinnest of thin clothes even in the dead of winter' date=' no jewelry, shoes and all layers off, no food or Water (thank goodness meetings were in the mornings, don't even what to contemplate what I would do with an evening meeting lol.) and hold my breath repeating the mantra 'angel wings' - which the weigh-in staff always got a kick out of.[/quote']

I know, right? I read someone on VST that said they weighed in the morning and again at night. I thought to myself that I would absolutely go crazy with depression :) looking at my nigjtttime weight. LOL

I had my "weigh in" dress too. Heaven forbid my cloths hurt my weight loss!

Oh, yes!

I have to weigh daily. It may bounce around due to hormones or whatever but I have to do it. If I don't, I'll stop doing it altogether and that leads to regains! It's unfortunate that I still allow the scale to upset my day sometimes, though. Some days it doesn't bother me and other days I get completely frustrated. But better that than denial and a potential regain!

~Cheri

Here's the woman to listen to! I haven't been around much lately (ok in a while) but dang Cheri ... YOU LOOK FABULOUS! God bless you and the family! xx

Heh - reminds me of the countless Weight Watchers weigh-ins - where I would wear the thinnest of thin clothes even in the dead of winter' date=' no jewelry, shoes and all layers off, no food or Water (thank goodness meetings were in the mornings, don't even what to contemplate what I would do with an evening meeting lol.) and hold my breath repeating the mantra 'angel wings' - which the weigh-in staff always got a kick out of.[/quote']

Yup - I can relate to you on that about the WW weigh ins. My strategy went something like this: do not eat or drink anything before Saturday weigh in, workout and go in the sauna for good measure. All in the name of hitting big numbers (5-7 lb per. week). It was crazy.

I weigh daily and I track food on myfitness pal. My weight fluctuates 1-3 lbs. I even weigh when my monthly is around. Those are the only times I ignore the fluctuations. As long as the scale is between 142-145 I am good. I am going on a cruise in November. I think I should bring my scale. I will have to log my food manually since Internet is not free on carnival. Wish me luck fellow vets. I am going to try to get a workout in most days.

I weigh daily and I track food on myfitness pal. My weight fluctuates 1-3 lbs. I even weigh when my monthly is around. Those are the only times I ignore the fluctuations. As long as the scale is between 142-145 I am good. I am going on a cruise in November. I think I should bring my scale. I will have to log my food manually since Internet is not free on carnival. Wish me luck fellow vets. I am going to try to get a workout in most days.

Well, I weigh 144-145 AND I'm going on a cruise Nov 9. LOL Good luck to you AND me. Yikes!!!!

Friends,

Today I was down because yup got on the scale first time in about 6 weeks, and sad to report I gained 20 lbs. WTH????

I stopped my vigilance in logging my food, I stopped daily exercise and I started eating Cookies and moved from frozen yogurt to ice cream...really? Maybe this is my reality check. I knew my pants were getting tight but, more was my Muffin Top was showing up again, I made the excuse it was menopause, my life has been upside down since June too much detail, but lots of stuff and I found myself back to what comforted me, food. I do know for a FACT my restriction is not nearly what it had been, I am afraid my stomach stretched. Some say it can, some say no but something changed. 4 oz simply does not do it for me anymore. I thought I cold follow your lead VETS and jump in on the 5:2 but I was not disciplined enough. Maybe now? Maybe for once I can meet a goal, get rid of this 20 I gained and lose the 15 more to get to my goal. So sad I was 15 lbs away, and now I am at 35 and over 200. So folks just know it can happen, it did happen. My challenge now is just learning how to get back down.

Thanks for listening and this board has always been supportive with some great people here.

Well' date=' I weigh 144-145 AND I'm going on a cruise Nov 9. LOL Good luck to you AND me. Yikes!!!![/quote']

Yes, good luck and discipline to us both! My cruise is the 3rd through the 10th.

Happy Camper, you have laid out exactly what you need to do to get back on track - stick to the original plan in terms of what you eat, get moving again and get your liquids in. And get back on the scale regularly.

At the moment, I would weigh weekly until you see it going down. Daily will just keep shoving the numbers in your face - and that won't motivate you. Look forward to what's possible not back at what you have done.

You have come on here and admitted what you have done and the result. That's brave, you deserve support. You have lost weight successfully before so you know exactly what to do .... just don't get overwhelmed, everything is possible.

Remember the old adage - how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time :-))))

Everyone sharing their experience on here is great. Everyone's support and advice is and has helped me get back on track. I'm only down 2 of the 12 I put back on but I feel hope. This is a great page. Everyone is supportive and helps. One week away from my TT and hoping to at least get another 3lbs off. He said he going to me removing at least 10 to 15 pounds of fat and skin. This should get me to my exact goal if I can keep my mouth shut. But with that said I know I can do it. Thanks everyone for your support and advice =)

Friends,

Today I was down because yup got on the scale first time in about 6 weeks, and sad to report I gained 20 lbs. WTH????

I stopped my vigilance in logging my food, I stopped daily exercise and I started eating Cookies and moved from frozen yogurt to ice cream...really? Maybe this is my reality check. I knew my pants were getting tight but, more was my Muffin Top was showing up again, I made the excuse it was menopause, my life has been upside down since June too much detail, but lots of stuff and I found myself back to what comforted me, food. I do know for a FACT my restriction is not nearly what it had been, I am afraid my stomach stretched. Some say it can, some say no but something changed. 4 oz simply does not do it for me anymore. I thought I cold follow your lead VETS and jump in on the 5:2 but I was not disciplined enough. Maybe now? Maybe for once I can meet a goal, get rid of this 20 I gained and lose the 15 more to get to my goal. So sad I was 15 lbs away, and now I am at 35 and over 200. So folks just know it can happen, it did happen. My challenge now is just learning how to get back down.

Thanks for listening and this board has always been supportive with some great people here.

Happy! I know right were your coming from... I gained 16 at one point (up to 22).... I have it off now, and am one pound from goal. I basically did the same as you.... stopped paying attention, stopped the gym (I had an injury...) had company for almost 10 weeks (can you say happy hour?) I got back on track, and tried a couple of plans, gained 6 more pounds on one of those plans, then finally got on the 5:2... and have lost it all from there. (you know most of us that follow the 5:2 still count calories on "feast" days) Thats how it works. And back to activity, weighing every am and putting everything I eat in MFP 95% of the time....even if its pure crap... seeing the calories of that ice cream for myself is a great motivator. You can do it, and the time is NOW.

Yes' date=' good luck and discipline to us both! My cruise is the 3rd through the 10th.[/quote']

9-16 for me

It's very easy to gain weight. Life catches up and it's easy to take in way more calories than you think you're eating.

We have to be vigilent. It's much easier to take off 5 than 20.

The boot camp diet works very well for getting rid of carb cravings and dropping weight fast.

It is sooooo easy to gain weight. It's how we all got here to start with. I did it by ignoring the scale, ignoring the need to go up a size all the time, and not sticking with any weight reduction plan for the long haul. So now I KNOW the key to success for ME is diligence. I have to log every bite, even when I hate to admit to myself what I ate, and I weigh daily and record it. It can and will get away from me if I let it. I'd be delusional if I thought I had this beat enough to just watch what I eat and make sure my clothes aren't too tight. The only way for me to beat it is to aggressively manage it. I like the outcome and so it works for me. It's my new life, and I've accepted it. I only hope I can always stick with it - I know myself well enough to know that's where the challenge is!