Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adventures in shapers

So, I'm down about 73 lbs & I've started checking out those full body shapers. I ordered one that lets you wear your own bra, so the front doesn't cover the girls. It has extended legs, too. When it arrived, I realized it is also crotchless. OK...a little weird, but could be helpful, right? I tried it on to see if it fit & I didn't bother with a bra. Well, it squeezed me in all over & made me look like this smooth, featureless, beige mannequin woman. With the crotchless-ness going on, I ended up feeling like some kind of creepy blow up doll!!! I felt like I should walk around with my lips pursed open, too. Ick...not sure I can wear that again. :wacko:

I'd ask your husband what he thinks before you give up on it :D

Haha The crotchless feature is so you can pee without having to get completely undressed. I don't have any full body suit personally. I do have waist to legs that have like a small opening at the crutch, but I don't trust it. I have one that is a body suit with an opening to wear your own bra, but the crotch has clips like a bra for going to the bathroom. I don't wear them often, but I like how they hold everything together. Also I don't have to worry about sucking in my stomach, which I can't so much now anyway since still healing from surgery.

Heheh, your description was priceless! :) But I will say, that vent flap so you can visit the restroom comfortably without having to re-pull and struggle into the thing is really great. The legs protect you from foreign toilet seats too, if you happen to lose your balance. They used to be bigger vents which I trusted more, but the smaller well, peeholes, are suspect!

I was just going to post about bodyshapers; I have a lower belly flab issue, VERY lower belly, and I have yet to find the shaper that gets rid of the panni. I'm not expecting for fabric to give me a board flat stomach but at least it should be able to keep my gut skin from the worst case of front-butt! Even with a shaper I have to keep my pants loose and my shirt hems long to keep people from staring. :( So my question is, does anyone know of some serious nuclear strength Shapewear for the lower gut/panni? I've even looked on post-partum online stores.

Edited by Globetrotter

My friend is down just over 70#. We both have the Ardyss Body Magic shapers, which sound similar to yours, open boob area.... Anyway hers is long, below knee length, mine is shorts, hers has a moveable crotch area, mine has 27,000 eyelets..... Because yes when I am dying and my bladder is going to explode after 2oz of Water and my suit is squeezing my bladder the last thing I want to do is fight eyelets. Stupid. Anyway hers was getting quite loose so she bought a size down. It is hilarious. I had to help her button up, friends.... I don't know that I signed up for that. No matter the squeezing, pushing and smoothing it shoves her belly fat up and creates a spare tire, 3rd boob shelf bigger than her boobs. It is ridiculous. She has this tiny, smooth waist and 2 sets of boobs. Why do we torture ourselves?

Yeah, shapers do a great job of smoothing bumps (saddle bags, in my case) but they do distort my shape. I'm more wide with flat abdomen, and when I put on a shaper, I become more round. It squishes all the loose skin and hanging fat into places it doesn't usually belong. Depending on what clothes I put on over it, it might look better or worse. I've found that a pair of control panty hose does the job for me most of the time without being wildly uncomfortable.

I usually wrap one of those ab sweat exercise wraps around my waist, before I put on my shaper. It helps! I can't breath, or eat, or talk, but I'm looking sexy. Then I put on my high heels, and my toes hurt, my feet hurt and I can't walk, but hey, I'm looking sexy!

I don't see how single women who live alone can wear shapers. I've worn tanktop types a few times, and when I do, I always have to enlist my husband's help getting the thing off of me. I think I've even had to have him help me pull the back down in the back when putting it on as well.

They should put a warning on them saying you may require assistance in removing it. :-)

I don't see how single women who live alone can wear shapers. I've worn tanktop types a few times' date=' and when I do, I always have to enlist my husband's help getting the thing off of me. I think I've even had to have him help me pull the back down in the back when putting it on as well. They should put a warning on them saying you may require assistance in removing it. :-)[/quote']

Me too! Any time I've worn Spanx, I basically walk up to my husband and put my arms in the air like a child needing help getting undressed. It's gotten to where I don't even have to say anything, he sees me standing in front of him with my arms in the air, he knows it's time to peel my top off.

Hmmm....maybe I need to use that sometimes when I have other things on my mind :)

We are so serious telling these shaper stories, but I have literally hurt myself laughing.

BAHAHAHA!!!!! The first time my husband attempted to take off my bra for our "first time" was like some kind of pre-pubescent boy's nightmare of elbows and grunting and knocking me in head....and he was 40 years old at the time!! I'm still somewhat stunned I actually had sex with him after that. I adore my guy, but he is not the smoothest operator around. If he tried to take a shaper off my body, he might choke me to death. :P