Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pleasa tell me eventually i can eat more than meatball?!?!?

I am 3 weeks post op. I gave been blessed that pretty much at every stage I have no issues with anything. Tonight I had 1 meatball and I was so full. It is a little depressing. I know I can only eat a little and I am

Okay with that. Will I

Be able to eat a little more soon? If so when? Thank you!!!

I am 3 weeks post op. I gave been blessed that pretty much at every stage I have no issues with anything. Tonight I had 1 meatball and I was so full. It is a little depressing. I know I can only eat a little and I am Okay with that. Will I Be able to eat a little more soon? If so when? Thank you!!!

Wow interesting subject. I'm not sure if anything like this has ever been asked!? Humm, will you be able to eat more over time?

I would do a search there just might be some information on it.

You will be able to eat a little more, but not a full "meal" like you used to. You don't really want to do that...otherwise what was the purpose of having the surgery?

Actually, at three weeks out, a meatball is probably really heavy for you. They usually have bread crumbs in them so I can see only being able to eat one.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hey,Tampa, over here in Zephyrhills I ate 4 meatballs tonight. Weren't very big though. No spaghetti, no sauce. Had nothing to do with being in Zephyrhills. I just like writing Zephyrhills. :D

I am 11 months out and I can eat maybe 2 meatballs. I stay away from beef as much as possible. May have once a month and not much, makes my stomach hurt. Beef is hard for a regular stomach to break down. Add a Premier Protein shake to make sure you are getting the Protein needed. :rolleyes:

Yes you will be able to eat more than one...but I found that I was pleased with eating just one. My attitude towards eating and feeling :"full" has completely changed for the better.

At a few weeks out, I did feel strange about not being able to eat like before (I was still on liquids then) but it dissipated. Over 70 lbs down since then and I feel great about having one meatball.

Wishing you the best!

What size meatball? At one of my fav restaurants in San Jose, Buy the Bucket, the meatball is the size of a baby's head. I could eat about 1.5 ounces of more solid Protein, such as meatball at three weeks out. My program didn't allow beef till after 6 weeks.

I'm 2.5 years out and I top out at 3-3.5 ounces of solid Protein with a little veggies and and a little whole grain. Last time I ate pizza, about a month ago, I ate two slices from a large pizza with hand tossed crust from Pizza Hut.

Lynda

As a MexItalian' date=' I commonly make meatball tacos. Does that count as one or dos?[/quote']

One, especially if you purée it and suck it up through a taquito straw.

I hear they offer that option in Mexico or was it tacos?

I dunno. I had mine done in Texas so I got the "extra bowl of chili" option and they threw in the "unlimited donuts" feature for free..... unfortunately.