Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What full feels like now

My feeling of full is now a sharp pain in the center of my chest with a wave of massive nausea. It doesn't last long and I don't experience it often. It usually happens if I eat too fast. It is nothing like the full pre-sleeve. What does your full feel like now?

I think that you need to stop eating before you get to that point. I used too eat to fast too, would get the same nauseous feeling and then get very hot. I started getting very strict about measuring out my food and it really helps a lot. What we have to remember is that our head thinks we need way more food than our new stomach does. Good luck to you!

I am curious about the original question. What does the new full feel like? Not over-full, just satisfied? I guess I've always felt like i could eat more, and rarely felt "full" in my average pre-sleeve life, so I am wondering what will it feel like?

My feeling of full is now a sharp pain in the center of my chest with a wave of massive nausea. It doesn't last long and I don't experience it often. It usually happens if I eat too fast. It is nothing like the full pre-sleeve. What does your full feel like now?

I feel EXACTLY the same.

Someone said once not to eat until you're full...eat until you're no longer hungry. I'll always remember that.

Best advice frim my nut... Eat till absence of hunger.. "full" is not a goal to be striven for.

Over time this will become easier if you keep practicing it.

This is why I get snotty about the "how much can you cram in your sleeve?" threads.. Wtf? Eat until no longer hungry..... Who needs to know how much they can cram in? planning on competing in one of those contests?

My remark is not a slam to any of you...just a reality check about why we did this wls in the first place.

Full definitely feels different post-sleeve and you have to get used to it. Really listen to your body (I know I never really did that prior). Initially, post-op, full felt like pressure in my chest. Not painful, just slight pressure - only painful if PAST the point of full. Further out, it feels more like full felt before the sleeve, it just comes on much sooner. And if I don't eat slow and chew well, I'm VERY uncomfortable. It feels like I'm full up to my throat (the food doesn't have anywhere else to go) and I feel sick to my stomach, clammy, etc. The key is to eat slow, chew well and stop when you are no longer hungry. It takes a while for your stomach/brain to communicate. If you are eating too fast, you may regret that last bite 10 minutes after the fact when your stomach gets the signal to your brain that you were full.

Edited by Jen35

This is a hard one. It's easy to describe what one bite too many feels like! :o

I'm still working on full. My brain has not yet caught up with Sleevette. It rejects the idea that I am full on two tablespoons of food. I'm celebrating this week because I can get down 3 oz of Protein at a time (have done it twice, verrryyy sloooowly).

It all feels different. When I'm hungry I feel empty. When I'm full, I feel literally full. As is someone poured Elmer's glue down my throat. I don't feel "satisfied" or sedated anymore. The full feeling doesn't subside until the empty feeling comes back. Its as though I go from one discomfort to another. If I take one bite too many I get crampy and nauseous and the only thing that helps is walking.