Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone out there suffered complications after their sleeve. I developed really sharp pains in my left flank 6 weeks after surgery and tests discovered I had a collection of Fluid between my pancreas and stomach. They still don't know if it was a leak or a bleed. but inserted a drain which was removed 3 weeks later. Am terrified now as docs said there's a chance it could re-accumulate. Ha anyone out there been through anything similar?

Sweetheart! Where do I begin......I was 5 months in the hospital due to complications with the sleeve. A leak I went septic and the hell began....coma-19 days, 11 surgeries, addicted to meds...twice, did not eat for 51/2 months, had to learn to walk again, talk again (trachea), write again, eat again. I lost my singing voice. My voice is deeper then it used to be...Have 12 scares instead of 3-5 like others....Had a bed sore castigator 5. Worst place possible....for 5 months after I had a nurse looking after me daily....

This is an overview...Short story.....

The thing is that it past..And what you are going through will pass to...I am so happy I had the sleeve not the complications.. It gave me my life back..A slow start true...but I am so happy to be here and finally living instead of existing!!!!!!!!!!

Chin up..stay strong....this to will pass!!! Talk to me anytime you feel discouraged...K

Sweetheart! Where do I begin......I was 5 months in the hospital due to complications with the sleeve. A leak I went septic and the hell began....coma-19 days' date=' 11 surgeries, addicted to meds...twice, did not eat for 51/2 months, had to learn to walk again, talk again (trachea), write again, eat again. I lost my singing voice. My voice is deeper then it used to be...Have 12 scares instead of 3-5 like others....Had a bed sore castigator 5. Worst place possible....for 5 months after I had a nurse looking after me daily....

This is an overview...Short story.....

The thing is that it past..And what you are going through will pass to...I am so happy I had the sleeve not the complications.. It gave me my life back..A slow start true...but I am so happy to be here and finally living instead of existing!!!!!!!!!!

Chin up..stay strong....this to will pass!!! Talk to me anytime you feel discouraged...K[/quote']

Oh my god! That sounds awful! What you went through was terrible. Makes my complication sound totally insignificant. How did you remain sane through all of that? What are the 3-5 scares you mentioned? I have decided that if this does come back I'm going to ask them to surgically remove it rather than have a drain again.

Well...Some Doctors are able to do the sleeve with as little as 3-5 small scars....I ended up with 12..I had 12 drains in my stomach to try to keep the leak clean..they tried everything they could to keep my sleeve...In the end I had a mix of by-pass and sleeve..I am a high bred!

I kept getting abscesses and then they would have to drain that which added another scar to my already many scars...I look like someone took a Gatling gun and shot me... They are in a perfect circle!

Well...Some Doctors are able to do the sleeve with as little as 3-5 small scars....I ended up with 12..I had 12 drains in my stomach to try to keep the leak clean..they tried everything they could to keep my sleeve...In the end I had a mix of by-pass and sleeve..I am a high bred!

I kept getting abscesses and then they would have to drain that which added another scar to my already many scars...I look like someone took a Gatling gun and shot me... They are in a perfect circle!

Oh scars! Thought you said scares! Lol! I wonder how many others have had complications. I had the single incision procedure but now have a hole in my side which will no doubt leave a lovely scar.

Oh scars! Thought you said scares! Lol! I wonder how many others have had complications. I had the single incision procedure but now have a hole in my side which will no doubt leave a lovely scar.

Sorry...Type O lol

Has anyone out there suffered complications after their sleeve. I developed really sharp pains in my left flank 6 weeks after surgery and tests discovered I had a collection of Fluid between my pancreas and stomach. They still don't know if it was a leak or a bleed. but inserted a drain which was removed 3 weeks later. Am terrified now as docs said there's a chance it could re-accumulate. Ha anyone out there been through anything similar?

Chrissy- my sleeve was July 25 - I'm not sure WHY but I CANNOT anything without throwing it up!! I CAN keep Protein shakes down- but not solid foods. Just tried a bit of hubby's omelet. And within ten minutes threw it up! Did you have any nausea befor your problem. ??

Chrissy- my sleeve was July 25 - I'm not sure WHY but I CANNOT anything without throwing it up!! I CAN keep Protein shakes down- but not solid foods. Just tried a bit of hubby's omelet. And within ten minutes threw it up! Did you have any nausea befor your problem. ??

Hiya, I had a bit of nausea in the first few days after surgery but then it passed. You shouldn't be throwing up almost 3 months out from your surgery. I would suggest you go back to your surgeon as you may have a stricture. (Narrowing of your sleeve). After a few days of nausea in hospital I had to have a special scan to check for this. However, I think my nausea was psychosomatic as 2 days after discharge it went away but on the day I had to go back for an appointment it came back with a vengeance.

Hiya, I had a bit of nausea in the first few days after surgery but then it passed. You shouldn't be throwing up almost 3 months out from your surgery. I would suggest you go back to your surgeon as you may have a stricture. (Narrowing of your sleeve). After a few days of nausea in hospital I had to have a special scan to check for this. However, I think my nausea was psychosomatic as 2 days after discharge it went away but on the day I had to go back for an appointment it came back with a vengeance.

11 months out I still throw up...Not as often but if I eat something my sleeve does not like...i throw it up....the throwing up will get less and less....but I read on here of others still having that after a fight with a food that does not suit them...At your stage though I was throwing up constantly...It does get better I promise!!!!

11 months out I still throw up...Not as often but if I eat something my sleeve does not like...i throw it up....the throwing up will get less and less....but I read on here of others still having that after a fight with a food that does not suit them...At your stage though I was throwing up constantly...It does get better I promise!!!!

Blimey. Ive not actually thrown up once after eating. I've reached a lot while in hospital but as I was eating nothing, nothing came up.

Onememory2 sounds like she is bringing everything back up. That can't be normal, can it?

I had a sharp pain in my back (left) for my 1st month appointment. Dr sent me for a ct scan and found an absess with Fluid on the back of my stomach. Had a drain for a week, and now a stent for a month to heal the leak he found in my esophagus. Now back to all fluids, no much of a voice, lots of fatigue and pain in my sleeve due to the stent.