Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post-op: Pizza and Pasta?!

Dont feel bad earthyGoalie....today I couldnt control myself ....and ate 3 spoonfuls of cookie and cream ice cream....and yes I do feel very guilty for doin so but what we have to do is recognize that this is unacceptable behavior and that tomorrow is a new day and with another chance to make good decisions.....for the most part im on the straight and narrow but I do have my weakness ....we can do it .......FYI I dont care how many people on this forum ACT lile they dont slip.up cheat whatever you want to call but they do they just fear judgement so they dont say anything....I could care less what anyone thinks ...ijs

OK, nonody is perfect. But at age 64 I am old and crochity enough to say the truth. My "flaw" is coffee, but I really don't do ANY sweets or simple carbs. I can't. I am a addict and it MESSES ME UP a lot more that the temporary joy.

So, while some might "cheat and stay silent". I hope not. And I don't.

Regardless of what each of our drs post diet orders are NONE of them are Pasta or pizza. bread and pasta is the last thing to add back to your diet. At 3 weeks post op it is not just sabotaging your weight loss but possibly sabotaging your health. You need to take ownership of this. It doesn't matter what your friends/family think or do. Don't do it with them. Don't go out to eat with them until you can control yourself. I'm not trying to sound mean. There is just no reason to endanger yourself.

My apologies. I just realized the OP is from 2 months ago.

Others have already stated the obvious. You made the difficult choice to have weight loss surgery so that you could get healthy and live longer while enjoying a full life, I think.

If at three weeks you are already sabotaging yourself, I would really think about getting some counseling to go along with your new "sleeve." Yes, we all DO make mistakes, so the best way to help yourself with the emotional side of this sleeve thing is to just get some help.

Seriously, it's a "mind game" as well for those of us who are "food addicts." I wish you well and success!!!!

But I am worried that it was not enough for you. I am also worried about the 'just a bite of muffins, just a bit of cookies'... comments.

Overeaters anonymous is free. I am10 days post op. I am still in the "thick liquid" stage I guess. I can't wait to have something besides soup!! First follow up appt. is New Year Eve when the PA.

I have to be honest with you I'm just now three weeks and to even think of going into a restaurant or trying to eat some Pasta makes me ill. I'm lucky if I can do 2 tablespoons of just very soft food how did you do that??? is this possibly an age thing guys because really I'm having a hard time recoverin. Im 46 years old.

I have to be honest with you I'm just now three weeks and to even think of going into a restaurant or trying to eat some Pasta makes me ill. I'm lucky if I can do 2 tablespoons of just very soft food how did you do that??? is this possibly an age thing guys because really I'm having a hard time recoverin. Im 46 years old.

I am 3 months out from surgery.

3 weeks is way too soon to be eating out.

You will get there in time. Think 2-3 months post- op.

I used to love to go out to restaurants.

Now I almost dread it. I am at the least concerned. When I eat at home I am 100% in control. Out I have way less control.

I try to look up the menu on line and plan ahead, and, look for good items for me.

Once I asked friends to change restaurant for me. They were very gracious about it.

I just know :

I'll be eating less, probably from the appetizer menu,

Bringing some food home

Leaving some on the plate.

Recently I met 2 friends at a pizza shop for lunch. I knew pizza was not for me.

I checked out the menu, told the girl about my surgery and " Pre ordered " a meat ball sub........ Hold everything except 2 meatballs. She was cool with it.

My friends understood.

46??? 46 ain't old!!! You are a Spring Chicken! Me, I'm older than dirt. I got the tie-dyes T-shirts, and saw the concerts too.

My surgery went OK. No matter your age, removing 85% of the tummy IS a big deal!!!!! I was tired and wanted to sleep and nap a lot. Luckily, there was little pain and little nausea...

Olive Garden now has great options on the Appetizer menu! chicken on skewers and grilled asparagus. I was only able to eat some of the chicken. I took the rest home with the asparagus for an additional meal. :-) I know I cannot do any white flour or white sugar as I was an addict. It triggers me to want more. pizza is a noooo go. There are healthy alternatives and thousands of recipes out there for us to focus on that are good for us. Self sabotage is deadly for us. We didn't go through all of this to go backwards. Make you a priority! Happy healthy New Year!

I'm 44 and went through 2 weeks of severe pain before it subsided. A month of soft foods. I eat completely normal food now. However, I must always be aware of what and how much I'm putting in my mouth. I cannot talk on the phone or watch TV when I am eating. Conscious eating is key to not putting too much in our mouths. I have heard that recovery is harder when the hernia is repaired. My doc said there is better weightloss though. Not sure I'd want that struggle.

46 is definitely not old. Our cells regenerate every 5 years! I'm a whole new person than I was 5 years ago! :-). I can only imagine where I will be in 5 years from now. The battle to focus on good is hard when we are in pain. I wish you perfect health and a happy NEW year!

Lory,

"I know I cannot do any white flour or white sugar as I was an addict. It triggers me to want more."

Dat's me too. I am fine as long as I don't have 'one'...

I used to not be able to eat just a bite of something sweet. I was like the chip commer ial where you can't just eat one lol. But since my surgery I am able to taste some things I used to love and they are so yuckie I don't want it. I broke down and made flourless Peanut Butter Cookies with splend brown sugar they were pretty good. The peanuter butter is a Protein, if you only eat one a day you should be ok. If any one wants the recipe let me know.

I used to not be able to eat just a bite of something sweet. I was like the chip commer ial where you can't just eat one lol. But since my surgery I am able to taste some things I used to love and they are so yuckie I don't want it. I broke down and made flourless Peanut Butter Cookies with splend brown sugar they were pretty good. The peanuter butter is a Protein, if you only eat one a day you should be ok. If any one wants the recipe let me know.

Please share Weeziex2! Thx in advance :)

Olive Garden now has great options on the Appetizer menu! chicken on skewers and grilled asparagus. I was only able to eat some of the chicken. I took the rest home with the asparagus for an additional meal. :-) I know I cannot do any white flour or white sugar as I was an addict. It triggers me to want more. pizza is a noooo go. There are healthy alternatives and thousands of recipes out there for us to focus on that are good for us. Self sabotage is deadly for us. We didn't go through all of this to go backwards. Make you a priority! Happy healthy New Year!

Also, Minestrone Soup is excellent

I did really well at a New Years Brunch yesterday. I stood right next to a table of food and told my self:

"I have eaten---- there s nothing here for me"

I must have Said it 20 times to my self.

It worked.