Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I never thought I would say this but, I'm nearly to the point of regretting my surgery. I was sleeved on 10-9-13 and have thrown up everyday since. today was a bad day. I have vomited 5 times today. I am following all the rules and just can't seem to get a break. I saw my Dr 4 days ago and he doesn't seem to be too worried. he did tell me to stay on stage 1 diet and not to advance yet. I'm so hungry and thirsty. I chose the sleeve so that I could loose slowly and enjoy my weight loss. since I can't hold anything down, IV already lost 25 pounds and obviously I'm not "enjoying" vomiting, muscle pain from vomiting, headaches from vomiting and dehydration, weakness and feeling wiped out all the time. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has felt with this. And PLEASE tell me it will get better.......

I did not go through that but if I did I would have the same complaints. Please keep hydrated as best you can. Make them check your dehydration if you need to. You may need an IV to pull out of it. Did they give you anti nausea meds?

Yes I was given phenergan, but that doesn't seem to help. Iam trying to keep up on my fluids as best as possible, but my stomach just isn't handling it. I keep saying this will get better as the swelling goes down, but I'm starting to lose hope.

Yes I was given phenergan' date=' but that doesn't seem to help. Iam trying to keep up on my fluids as best as possible, but my stomach just isn't handling it. I keep saying this will get better as the swelling goes down, but I'm starting to lose hope.[/quote']

It does get better I sooo had buyer remorse for a few months until they figured y I was so sick i was in an out of er for a long period of time due to over dehydration...they finally found out the pain meds i was on for my cronic bavk pain was poisioning me...no more liquid pain meds for me an iv been fine ever sence just hang in there honey (:

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm not taking anything for pain so I think I can rule that out. I'm just so sick of vomiting. As a nurse I know that I need to stay hydrated and get my Protein in, but I feel like I'm taking 1 step forward and 5 steps back. ugh.

Have they tried the patch for nausea? I had a lot of nausea while in the hospital, and that worked the best. Hopefully you start to feel better soon.

ya know, the weird thing is, I don't really have nausea. I can just drink or eat and it comes right back up. I literally will lick the back of my spoon from my Soup, and start having bad stomach pain then I start vomiting again. Today I said " I'm done, I'm done trying to eat.". even though I know that's not the right thing to do.

Lipstick lady, was that med for nausea or something else. I know lots of meds are used for many issues. thanks!

Levsin. My tummy rejected everything. This helped me keep it down.

I only drank Gatorade for a few months, too. The sugar and calories were fine as that was all I could really tolerate in liquids. I had to drink it room temperature and I could only consume a few sips at a time but I would get down 8 oz over a few hours. It sucked, but it worked.

I never thought I would say this but, I'm nearly to the point of regretting my surgery. I was sleeved on 10-9-13 and have thrown up everyday since. today was a bad day. I have vomited 5 times today. I am following all the rules and just can't seem to get a break. I saw my Dr 4 days ago and he doesn't seem to be too worried. he did tell me to stay on stage 1 diet and not to advance yet. I'm so hungry and thirsty. I chose the sleeve so that I could loose slowly and enjoy my weight loss. since I can't hold anything down, IV already lost 25 pounds and obviously I'm not "enjoying" vomiting, muscle pain from vomiting, headaches from vomiting and dehydration, weakness and feeling wiped out all the time. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has felt with this. And PLEASE tell me it will get better.......

It's still very early for you, but I think you might consider getting a second opinion at this point. Your doctor should be more concerned about dehydration, potassium level, and everything affected by your vomiting so regularly, even this early in the game. Has your doc suggested any diagnostics to rule out problems? No need to panic, but I think you might feel better if you had another surgeon, bariatric of course, give his opinion.

Thank you Lipsticklady. I might just check into this. MizB I have a follow up appointment this week to see my surgeon again due to the vomiting. I have been keeping a close eye on my symptoms with the electrolytes and all even though they can Chang at the drop of a hat. Iam going to call them Monday to get in sooner. Like everyone, I just wanted to have a smooth recovery and feel good after surgery, but that certainly is not what's happening. Just frustrated....

oh, my! it IS worth it! I promise! I hope you will soon find a way to keep stuff down. Call your doc again and again till you get to keep your liquids down. You may very well need to get an IV for dehydration. Water is hard to drink for many. sometimes I could only do some watered down crystal light.... good luck!

I am right there with you I am regretting my sleeve too its just horrible I was just discharged from the hospital for nausea and vomiting and I had to have my gallbladder removed and now im home and I ate a small bit of advocado now I have the foamies again I don't know what is wrong with me either but I wish I could give this sleeve right back and my life back. Everyone keeps saying it gets easier but I don't feel like it is. So I understand how you feel. I hope you feel better soon.