Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to deal with a busy/stressful job post op

Hi everyone! My surgery is scheduled for November 21. I Had to schedule it near a holiday to avoid missing too much time from work. I work 60 to 70 hour weeks. I also have to travel a lot. Does anyone have any tips on how you fit in post op nutrition and exercise in with your busy schedule?

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hi everyone! My surgery is scheduled for November 21. I Had to schedule it near a holiday to avoid missing too much time from work. I work 60 to 70 hour weeks. I also have to travel a lot. Does anyone have any tips on how you fit in post op nutrition and exercise in with your busy schedule? Sent from my iPad using VST

Welcome to my world! I'm writing this as I am on a plane bound for SLC tonight. i will be working all day and flying back tomorrow night and will fly out again Saturday morning.

Day started early so I was able to eat eggs at home, coffee Protein shake on the way to a client meeting, Quest bar at the airport, 1 oz of cheese from the "protein box" I bought on the plane (the one with very little protein), and will probably eat the dried edamame I'm carrying it's me once I land at 9 pm. I will have walked 2 miles by the time the day is over just running from one place to another and that will have to do for my exercise today. I have some Jerky that I may have to nom if I don't make my Protein today, and I bought stuff to drink at the airport. I also have one packer of Protein powder that I will sweet talk a barista at Starbucks into making for me at some point I thus trip.

You get used to planning ahead, carrying acceptable Snacks, and being utterly shameless about eating in the middle of meetings when NO ONE ELSE is eating!

I often cook like a mad woman on the weekends and we eat that through most of the week,and rarely eat out more than once a week if I'm not traveling.

I also know what I can eat at airports: Wendy's chili, the insides of any places sandwiches without bread, and SF geek yogurt. That's it really.

So a lot more planning and forethought but totally doable.

Hey jdub, I keep the same kind of work schedule. The only thing that works for me is working out before work. I'm drained by the end of the day and I know I just want to go home and lay face down on my bed. It is hard some days, but I would suggest getting it over with early AM so you can't talk yourself out of it (like I always try to do).

As far as nutrition, I make about a pound of chicken breasts in the crock pot on Sunday and eat that throughout the week. Ground beef is quick to brown up and reheats relatively well in the microwave. Go to Snacks are string cheese and Protein shakes.

Hope some of that helps?